what's to eat after midnight?

S.S.Oceanlover

What is there to eat after midnight on Princess? Is it just room service?

Just off CB and around 11:30pm they start taking everything out of the glass display?

One night we got done watching a movie on MUTS and it ended after midnight. Everything was put away except for the desserts.

Just curious as i certainly didn't starve.:D

Bill

What is there to eat after midnight on Princess? Is it just room service?

Just off CB and around 11:30pm they start taking everything out of the glass display?

One night we got done watching a movie on MUTS and it ended after midnight. Everything was put away except for the desserts.

Was this in the buffet or the International Cafe? The IC is supposed to be open 24/7.

Just got off the crown. Everything closed at eleven except for the international cafe. As you said, room service can be ordered. I wish they would keep pizza open later. That is a great late night food.

That makes me wonder...has anyone tried ordering pizza through room service in the middle of the night?

We just did 16 nights on CB and ate at the International Cafe every night around 2 or 3 am after leaving Skywalkers.... Joseph, the waiter there, was awesome, after about 4 nights, he would start my plate as soon as he saw us coming! Cheese and crackers, tuna sandwich and ham & cheese croissants.... With a decaf mocha to go along side.

Even when the items were not in the display case due to cleaning, etc - he had them in the back and would get fresh ones for the asking. 24/7.

We just did 16 nights on CB and ate at the International Cafe every night around 2 or 3 am after leaving Skywalkers.... Joseph, the waiter there, was awesome, after about 4 nights, he would start my plate as soon as he saw us coming! Cheese and crackers, tuna sandwich and ham & cheese croissants.... With a decaf mocha to go along side.

Even when the items were not in the display case due to cleaning, etc - he had them in the back and would get fresh ones for the asking. 24/7.

Good to know for the future. Just have to make a note of what us there earlier so I know what to ask for. :-)

Bill

Thanks for the info. Will be boarding her in September. Can't wait.....:):):)

Bob

You guys don't know how lucky you are, we just got off a Transatlantic on CDF Horizon and the buffet closed at 8.45pm, and no IC or similar, all you could do was order room service that cost extra until 7am or so the next morning.

And no fridges in the cabins, not the one I had anyway. And no icebuckets. And no lots of other things.

Going on another cruise line can make you appreciate Princess more.

You guys don't know how lucky you are, we just got off a Transatlantic on CDF Horizon and the buffet closed at 8.45pm, and no IC or similar, all you could do was order room service that cost extra until 7am or so the next morning.

And no fridges in the cabins, not the one I had anyway. And no icebuckets. And no lots of other things.

Going on another cruise line can make you appreciate Princess more.

Now that's a little extreme. :eek:

Doesn't anyone sleep on a cruise? Food is the last thing on my mind in the middle of the night.;)

If you have early dinner and one of a variety of medical conditions such as diabetes then its good to have at least small snack of slow release carbohydrate before going to bed. Keeps the blood glucose level more consistent.

Now that's a little extreme. :eek:
Not unusual. Quite a few lines close up their buffet tighter than a drum at 8pm. HAL, for instance., with only room service available. Had no mini-fridge or ice bucket in my Celebrity cabin just four years ago. (No WiFi anywhere on the ship either.) We're spoiled with Princess.

Not unusual. Quite a few lines close up their buffet tighter than a drum at 8pm. HAL, for instance., with only room service available. Had no mini-fridge or ice bucket in my Celebrity cabin just four years ago. (No WiFi anywhere on the ship either.) We're spoiled with Princess.

We were spoiled by NCL too but their new CEO has lost his mind with all the new fees and stuff.:eek:

Looks like we may be cruising a little more with Princess in the future.:)

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

A friend told me to get a sandwich and some cookies and store in the fridge so I had something to eat when I got back from Skywalkers before settling down for the night. Reckons it might prevent a hangover-I shall see!

That's a good idea. Stock the fridge from the buffet earlier. :) You should write a book with all these great ideas you're collecting for your cruise! ;)

That's a good idea. Stock the fridge from the buffet earlier. :) You should write a book with all these great ideas you're collecting for your cruise! ;)

I always think its pretty gross to put anything to eat in the fridge, unless its sealed. :eek: