asking this question again about elite level

billy10

I know if I'm diamond with royal & my cabin mate is not he can't get into cocktail hour with me. But I have been told conflicting info on celebrity. If I'm elite with celebrity & traveling with 2 more in cabin & 2 of us are elite & the 3rd is not will he be allowed in cocktail hour with us? Thanks for any info

I know if I'm diamond with royal & my cabin mate is not he can't get into cocktail hour with me. But I have been told conflicting info on celebrity. If I'm elite with celebrity & traveling with 2 more in cabin & 2 of us are elite & the 3rd is not will he be allowed in cocktail hour with us? Thanks for any info

Can I deduce from this question that if I've reached Elite on Celebrity and my husband is still Select he won't be able to enjoy any of the Diamond Level perks alongside me if we sail RC?

On both Royal and Celebrity, all adult passengers in the same cabin get the benefits of the highest loyalty level. I travel with my daughter who has a slightly lower status, and she always gets the same as my Elite/Diamon status allows.

Spouses get the same level even if they haven't done the required number of cruises, but if you travel with anybody else, they aren't entitled to your perks on RCCL so can't go into the Diamond lounge. . Cabin mates can attend Elite functions on Celebrity. Seems strange when they are owned by the same company

suekay

Spouses get the same level even if they haven't done the required number of cruises, but if you travel with anybody else, they aren't entitled to your perks on RCCL so can't go into the Diamond lounge. . Cabin mates can attend Elite functions on Celebrity. Seems strange when they are owned by the same company

How the heck are they going to figure out if the ""somebody else"" isn't your ""spouse"" :confused:

I recently attended lots of Elite and Diamond events with my Russian girl friend... not one person asked if we married or not....

.2h3scqf.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

She's lovely and you make an adorable couple! That's probably why nobody said anything.

Thanks for letting me know that spouses can be included in events over at RC. We have RC booked, and I should be* Elite by then.

*Providing I get my CC Bonus points as promised on sailings between now and then.

Definitely can cause an embarrassing situation on Royal. Sometimes I travel with my DH, who shares my Elite status on Celebrity.

Sometimes i travel with my best friend, who does not have Elite status but is allowed to attend Elite events on Celebrity.

On a Royal cruise last year we had asked the Royal booking agent if the same would be true on Royal. We were told "of course" - adults sharing the same cabin could. We went to Diamond lounge for 3 nights, then on the 4th night were "carded" and aggressively turned away - it was extremely embarrassing to be kicked out, especially since we had already used the lounge the preceding 3 nights.

from Crown & Anchor Society pages on the website:

Q: If I am a Diamond member what are the Diamond Lounge access benefits?

A: For Diamond members sailing on Freedom and Oasis class ships as well as Radiance of the Seas, the Diamond lounge will continue to be open during regular hours with the Diamond lounge concierge at your service. If there are any changes to the time or location, the Loyalty Ambassador will announce these changes in the Welcome letter to be placed in your stateroom on the first day of the cruise.

We now offer either the Diamond Lounge or a Diamond Event on every ship in our fleet. On ships with a Concierge Lounge, it will be limited to Diamond Plus and Suite guests (excluding Junior Suites). Due to the size of the Lounge, we regret that we cannot honor requests for entrance to friends or relatives of eligible guests.

Obviously my daughter is not my spouse, but on both RCCL and on Celebrity, she has been welcome to Elite/Diamond events, even on Allure OTS. when we share a cabin. I suppose it could depend on the host of the event, but I have never had her turned away.

While my Mum has been welcome at Celebrity Elite events, I wouldn't risk her being embarrassed by being made unwelcome or turned away from the RCCL Diamond lounge, so we just don't go.

Edited by suekay

While my Mum has been welcome at Celebrity Elite events, I wouldn't risk her being embarrassed by being made unwelcome or turned away from the RCCL Diamond lounge, so we just don't go.

I'm with you. It's not like they have a swat team waiting at the door but you never know when they might just ask. A few years ago we took our adult kids and their soon to be spouses on Freedom. Three diamonds which included DD, DW, and I; my platinum DS and DIL; and DD's first cruise fiance. While we avoided the DL all week because of others in the group, turns out DD was walking her future husband in without question. We wondered why they couldn't meet us until 6:00 for cocktails. She's a tad frugal but we love her. :rolleyes::p