Need help not sure what to do

clott

We are leaving the end of this month on a cruise. There were suppose to be 4 people in our room but now one person can't go because of getting a new job. Should I call royal and let them know, tell them when we are checking in, or let them be a know show. Any help would be appreciated

We are leaving the end of this month on a cruise. There were suppose to be 4 people in our room but now one person can't go because of getting a new job. Should I call royal and let them know, tell them when we are checking in, or let them be a know show. Any help would be appreciated

Are you all on one reservation? If this person has their own reservation, they should do it. Otherwise, yes, I would call them right away.

Did the person buy insurance? If they have cancel for any reason insurance they will need to cancel with the cruise line and then file a claim.

Another thing to consider would be to find a different person to take their spot. You can change out names for no fee if it is a US or Canadian booking.

It's not going to affect the price...you're WAY past a refund...so it doesn't matter if there is a no-show or not!

this is BAD advice right here.

It does matter. For example if you are in a suite that has a minimum of 4 guests. you could lose the room. Or they could put you in a different room type. So you definitely should call. ALSO. it does not matter how late it is. you will still get your taxes and grats back if you prepaid. Definitely call the cruise line......

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

I would out of courtesy let them know. But I would make sure they knew that you are still going. Is the cruise under her name (first listed for cruise) or some one else. It could be a problem. As above I would just go and sign in for the rest of the group.

Edited by CaptData

this is BAD advice right here.

It does matter. For example if you are in a suite that has a minimum of 4 guests. you could lose the room. Or they could put you in a different room type. So you definitely should call. ALSO. it does not matter how late it is. you will still get your taxes and grats back if you prepaid. Definitely call the cruise line......

Not only is it bad advice, it's totally wrong advice. A fact that 69000 + posts doesn't equal accurate information.

There is at least a partial if not full refund for cancelling 4th person in cabin.

Little chance they would be moved this late though

Edited by SeaUs

We had the same situation a few years ago and were told just to let it be a no-show - even from a customer service rep. Someone mentioned about the room being for 4 people and you could lose the room - yes, if you cancel ahead of time you definitely could lose the room but they aren't going to do that once they figure out there is a no-show - they cannot sell the cabin at that point lol. The person who did not show had his taxes and port fees refunded to his credit card. Unless things have changed, to my knowledge, there is no refund for any passenger who cancels unless they re-price the cabin with only 3 people in it which in turn will increase everyone's fare.

The person who did not show had his taxes and port fees refunded to his credit card. Unless things have changed, to my knowledge, there is no refund for any passenger who cancels unless they re-price the cabin with only 3 people in it which in turn will increase everyone's fare.

I don't think they would reprice a cabin for deleting 3rd and 4th people in the cabin. Cancelling 3rd and 4th is different than cancelling 1st and 2nd: I think you can cancel the 3 and 4 up to two weeks before sailing without penalty.

In any case, if they are no shows, Royal should automatically refund port fees and gratuities.

Edited by marci22

We had the same situation a few years ago and were told just to let it be a no-show - even from a customer service rep. Someone mentioned about the room being for 4 people and you could lose the room - yes, if you cancel ahead of time you definitely could lose the room but they aren't going to do that once they figure out there is a no-show - they cannot sell the cabin at that point lol. The person who did not show had his taxes and port fees refunded to his credit card. Unless things have changed, to my knowledge, there is no refund for any passenger who cancels unless they re-price the cabin with only 3 people in it which in turn will increase everyone's fare.

would never happen 3 weeks from sailing

That might happen on Carnival I've read, but not RCL