FAO Bonnie: Suggestion for beverage package improvments

Eloise4Ever

Hi Bonnie, as Azamara are not prepared to offer prosecco or champagne in the inclusive program, could you please ask the powers that be to consider adding them to the list of beverages included in the pay-for packages? For example, prosecco by the glass could be included in the Premium package and champagne in the Top Shelf package.

I have no idea how many guests purchase beverage packages but I suspect that more would do so if champagne and possibly higher grade wines by the glass were included. Result: more profits for Azamara! As things stand I will not be purchasing a package on my first Azamara cruise as I am ok with the spirits and wines on the included program. I don't intend to purchase champagne by the glass on this trip either but plan to bring some onboard for pre-dinner drinks in our cabin.However, I would always purchase the premium beverage package on Celebrity and would also do so on Azamara if champagne were included.

I am of the opinion the you can never have enough 'bubble' moments in your life. And being on a fabulous cruise is definitely one of them.:D I would like to see a cheapish sparkling wine on the 'more inclusive' drinks list and naturally the more expensive the bubbly, you would upgrade your package or pay for it by the glass.

There are many people who would like to see sparkling wine included, but unfortunately may be a little reluctant to voice this at the moment. It has been said on another thread that is has been discussed endlessly before, so to me that says it is important to lots of people. One will hope that Azamara will listen and take it under consideration.

While it would never be a deal breaker for me cruising with Azamara, I do believe for me, it would enhance my cruise just that teeny, 'bubbly' bit more;)

I don't believe the list will change, as it has been put together as a sweetener, to encourage the majority to pay for an upgrade. Only Azamara will know if the policy has been successful, as only a very small percentage of cruisers post on CC.

I don't believe the list will change, as it has been put together as a sweetener, to encourage the majority to pay for an upgrade. Only Azamara will know if the policy has been successful, as only a very small percentage of cruisers post on CC.

I do not think there is any evidence of your continued fixation with the sweetener debate Tim. Indeed I have seen very limited evidence of people upgrading since the change was announced, I have seen people buy the occasional drink that is not on the package and I have heard no rumblings on board about that. Of course as the other posters say we would like additional items included - I would like Cava to be available but its not the end of the world that it is not. After all, I can also bring any bottles I want on board if I choose to do so, and enjoy bubbles on the balcony at any time I want if I do not want to buy.

It has been explained before (an explanation I totally accept based on my son who is in the hotel trades explanations of supplier product alignment) that the list is based on the brand alignment of the cruiseline suppliers of alcoholic beverages - this is just as happens in "inclusive" resorts the world over and indeed in hotel chains, where, albeit you are paying for your drink, some drink is more preferentially priced and some brands are not available.

I do not think there is any evidence of your continued fixation with the sweetener debate Tim. Indeed I have seen very limited evidence of people upgrading since the change was announced, I have seen people buy the occasional drink that is not on the package and I have heard no rumblings on board about that. Of course as the other posters say we would like additional items included - I would like Cava to be available but its not the end of the world that it is not. After all, I can also bring any bottles I want on board if I choose to do so, and enjoy bubbles on the balcony at any time I want if I do not want to buy.

It has been explained before (an explanation I totally accept based on my son who is in the hotel trades explanations of supplier product alignment) that the list is based on the brand alignment of the cruiseline suppliers of alcoholic beverages - this is just as happens in "inclusive" resorts the world over and indeed in hotel chains, where, albeit you are paying for your drink, some drink is more preferentially priced and some brands are not available.

As I said, very few Azamara cruisers post on CC. I was told by a Revenue Officer, on Celebrity Reflection, that beverage packages are vital to their on-board revenue and I'm sure Azamara will feel the same. It's just opinion on here, as none of us can prove otherwise.

I can't believe that a drinks supplier wouldn't have a dark rum or a cheap brandy in its inventory, which leads me to my belief that it's calculated. On my next cruise I'll try to find out.

I do not think there is any evidence of your continued fixation with the sweetener debate Tim. Indeed I have seen very limited evidence of people upgrading since the change was announced, I have seen people buy the occasional drink that is not on the package and I have heard no rumblings on board about that.

That would be our assessment as well.

The only consistent request I've noticed here would be the addition of cava, and, if memory serves, Azamara initially took the position that complementary "bubbles" should be reserved for special occasions such as the welcome onboard, the Captain's Welcome and the party for previous cruisers. Perhaps that decision should be revisited.

As for the rest, when travelling in Europe I would prefer to experience local beers and wines. As you state, there is nothing stopping me for bringing them onboard or purchasing them on the ship. This is a case where excessive frugality may interfere with a memorable experience.

I was told by a Revenue Officer, on Celebrity Reflection, that beverage packages are vital to their on-board revenue and I'm sure Azamara will feel the same.

From the conversations I have had with Senior Staff on Azamara, they work a completely different revenue model to Celebrity (thank goodness).

I think Nordski's take on this is right, I also recall the same perspective re the reservation of bubbles for special events

I don't mind paying $30 onboard for a $10 bottle of cava, I just wish they'd put one on their wine list so that I have the choice!

In the past we have brought some of our favourite fizz, with us, and enjoyed it on the balcony.

I see this conversation has hopped over from the thread "New Girl on the Blog". It's better it has its own thread. Here's what I posted yesterday re. Cava:

Things DO change, just not always quickly... Here's a bit of good news I heard this morning from someone who knows...Cava will be on the new wine list sometime this Summer! No not inclusive, but at least it will be available.

And a side note to English Tim, you see, things do change per your requests, just slowly. Have patience and keep sending us your suggestions.

Today I can only add that your new comments on this new thread are 'duly noted'. Whereas nothing has changed since yesterday, please know your wishes are always important to us, and will always go into 'the mix' when decisions are made. But changes don't happen often, nor quickly.

I see this conversation has hopped over from the thread "New Girl on the Blog". It's better it has its own thread. Here's what I posted yesterday re. Cava:

Things DO change, just not always quickly... Here's a bit of good news I heard this morning from someone who knows...Cava will be on the new wine list sometime this Summer! No not inclusive, but at least it will be available.

And a side note to English Tim, you see, things do change per your requests, just slowly. Have patience and keep sending us your suggestions.

Today I can only add that your new comments on this new thread are 'duly noted'. Whereas nothing has changed since yesterday, please know your wishes are always important to us, and will always go into 'the mix' when decisions are made. But changes don't happen often, nor quickly.

Thank you Bonnie. Sometimes simply being listened to is half the battle won. ;) And in the meantime, I am grateful for the complimentary bubbly that awaits me in my cabin when I board!

Hi

Anyone know if the bottle of complementary champagne from the captain as part of the loyalty programme, is any good?

I am not a champagne guru but its our 30th wedding anniversary on our next cruise and if we can avoid lugging the decent stuff from home all the better.

Need to leave space for our favourite port ;)

Thanks

Yvonne

Hi

Anyone know if the bottle of complementary champagne from the captain as part of the loyalty programme, is any good?

I am not a champagne guru but its our 30th wedding anniversary on our next cruise and if we can avoid lugging the decent stuff from home all the better.

Need to leave space for our favourite port ;)

Thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne, if you've sailed Celebrity, it tastes pretty much the same as the bubbly they give you upon boarding. It's not 30th anniversary quality, but perfectly drinkable. We must not have as exalted taste buds as Phil because we take it straight, and bottle doesn't last very long. :D

Thanks everyone

Yep Celebrity stuff, it's actually nice when you board, then you try it somewhere else and it's lost its sparkle! We still have a bottle in the wine rack from about 18 months ago, how long does anything fizzy last? The excitement of stepping onboard probably.

I was thinking, if it was OK, Azamara could have offered it for purchase on special occasions at a reasonable price, I emphasis 'reasonable' or no one will buy it. After all its about the 'pop' the 'bubbles' and the 'fizzzzzzz' ;)

I think that either the Moet or the Lanson rose will be joining the Krohn (port) in the luggage cases. Fortunately we are flying BA. Need to buy impact packing for bottles :rolleyes:

We had a Piper millenium 2000 bottle that I was keeping until someone said it will be off now. Opened it at Christmas and those that drink it regularily said it was very smooth. I did not have a clue:eek:

We really need two fizzzzy stuffs, as we have a birthday too:)

Yvonne

We always bring a small bottle of creme de cassis to convert it into kir royale.....

That sound like a plan:)

At this rate I am going to need to add extra luggage, already lost 2 pairs of shoes. Think maybe DH will have a pair missing!

Yvonne

The more inclusive drinks package does work for me, it may mean some compromises but se la vie.

The one drink I wish Azamara could sort out is the Tonic water they serve. The Royal Club brand they serve is so sub standard it means a G&T is virtually unpalatable.

I conversation last year with Heike Berdos she agreed with my criticisms of Royal Club and stated " a G&T is not a G&T with out Schweppes". Her words not mine.

The more inclusive drinks package does work for me, it may mean some compromises but se la vie.

The one drink I wish Azamara could sort out is the Tonic water they serve. The Royal Club brand they serve is so sub standard it means a G&T is virtually unpalatable.

I conversation last year with Heike Berdos she agreed with my criticisms of Royal Club and stated " a G&T is not a G&T with out Schweppes". Her words not mine.

I'm sure there's a package with schweppes tonic.;)