ADVICE NEEDED - taxis from Miami Port to Airport

alsa

Hello!

Can anyone please tell me if it is easy to get a taxi from Miami port to the airport on day of embarkation from Reflection or do we need to book a transfer before. We are travelling independently so need recommendations of transfer taxi companies if needed. Thank you.

Edited by alsa

Hello!

Can anyone please tell me if it is easy to get a taxi from Miami port to the airport on day of embarkation from Reflection or do we need to book a transfer before. We are travelling independently so need recommendations of transfer taxi companies if needed. Thank you.

We use a porter and have gotten through fast from gathering the bags to getting a cab including customs and duty

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello!

Plenty of taxi's right outside the door, it takes about 25 min.to the airport.

We use a porter and have gotten through fast from gathering the bags to getting a cab including customs and duty

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Porters had no separate line and had to stand with the pax in line for customs in Miami last Nov when we disembarked from Reflection.

And besides lots of private transfers and busses there was no line at all for the cabs at 8.30-9am. Their biggest benefit is that they get through to and from the curb a lot faster in my opinion..

Would not bother with Uber for a couple of bucks and a foreign data plan. Why the hassle?

Hi,

on the webpage of Miami Airport you can find a lot of information refering all kind of transportation from and to the airport.

There is a flat rate airport - Port of Miami which is 27 $

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

About 3 years ago it was 25 $ when we took a taxi back to the airport.

I need to do the same but always plan to share a ride with another cruiser. I want to try Uber but since we have a Canadian phone we won't have data or phone service so I assume we are out of luck

You should check with your cell phone provider about a travel pack. I know for sure that Rogers has one so I'm guessing the others do to.

If you have 2 phone with Rogers and on the Share plan, you can use your phone for $5 a day in the US and $10 elsewhere up to a limit of $50 or $100.

We also have a US prepaid cell phone.We've had it for years since we spend time in Florida.

You should check with your cell phone provider about a travel pack. I know for sure that Rogers has one so I'm guessing the others do to.

If you have 2 phone with Rogers and on the Share plan, you can use your phone for $5 a day in the US and $10 elsewhere up to a limit of $50 or $100.

We also have a US prepaid cell phone.We've had it for years since we spend time in Florida.

just checked and Bell now offers the $5 plan. May try it

Hello!

We love SAS transport and have used them multiple times.

By the time we land at the airport for our cruise, we are always eager to get to the ship and start boarding. I found taking a taxi the fastest way to get there. We have had the pre paid transfers and always ended up waiting for other passengers to arrive before the shuttle would get going on its way. There is a flat rate for taxis which is nice so you know you will not get "long hauled" and overcharged. Either way, have a great trip--getting there is half the fun

Hi,

on the webpage of Miami Airport you can find a lot of information refering all kind of transportation from and to the airport.

There is a flat rate airport - Port of Miami which is 27 $

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

About 3 years ago it was 25 $ when we took a taxi back to the airport.

Perhaps I am reading that website wrong, but I cannot see the fare you mentioned. I am seeing a much higher rate from POM to MIA. :confused: