Poll: Which river will you cruise on in 2013?

editor@cruisecritic

What river cruise will you take in 2013?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What river cruise will you take in 2013?

• Danube
    • Mekong
    • Rhine
    • Nile
    • Italy's Po
    • America's Mississippi
    • Seine
    • Russia's rivers
    • Duoro
    • Rhone
    • Yangtze
    • Moselle
    • Elbe
    • Other (please comment below)

We are sailing with Road Scholar on the Gironde in France in June of 2013. Vantage offered a similar trip last year but not again. Viking will offer it in 2014. Our trip has time in the Dordonge area also. This is river cruise number 16. Pat

Hi, Pat, this is one I want to try!!! I hope you'll write a nice and jucy review.....

Carolyn

We are sailing with Road Scholar on the Gironde in France in June of 2013. Vantage offered a similar trip last year but not again. Viking will offer it in 2014. Our trip has time in the Dordonge area also. This is river cruise number 16. Pat

We are doing the Danube - twice - next year.

We travel with Viking in April. We start in Bucharest then board the boat for a 7 night cruise up to Budapest. The package includes 2 nights in Budapest, but we are adding an extra day on our own. This will be our 1st cruise with Viking, but our 6th river cruise overall.

Then in September, we go back to Budapest, and cruise up to Nuremberg with Scenic. River cruise #7 - 2nd time with Scenic. We are not continuing on to Prague with the tour, as we wish to spend a couple of extra days in Nuremberg before flying home via London (to visit our daughter....) We have sailed Budapest to Nuremberg before with AMA, and didn't think we would be repeating rivers so soon - but life happened, and this was a good choice for us.

Fran

Hi, Pat, this is one I want to try!!! I hope you'll write a nice and jucy review.....

Carolyn

I second Carolyn's request for a review... was looking at the new Viking itinerary. Although it may have to wait a bit of time... already have a deposit on the Rhone for 2014!!

Fran

I chose "other" because we're sailing an American river next year, just not the Mississippi.

Sailed on a back to back voyage on American Queen this past August; enjoyed it so much we signed up for another in 2013. We sailed on the Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi rivers from Chattanooga to Memphis, then from Memphis to Louisville. Fabulous.

We're going to be doing a portion of the Ohio River, Cincinnati to Pittsburgh, in early August. I was raised in a town on the Ohio just outside Pittsburgh and used to watch the steamboats go by. I vowed to sail on one someday, and this will be my third voyage! Imagine, all the romance and scenery of a European river cruise without leaving the USA, and on a true steam powered paddle wheeler!

We also want to do St. Paul to St. Louis in 2014, and the southern Mississippi out of New Orleans around the holidays the next year, seeing the antebellum mansions decorated for Christmas and the holiday bonfires along the levees.

We are doing our first river cruise in June on Scenic - Prague (Nuremberg) to Budapest. We're looking forward to a whole new world of cruising, but I will miss the glorious sound and feel of the ocean.

River cruising is different, but hopefully will bring you enjoyment!!

We are doing part of that itinerary with Scenic next September. We start in Budapest, but are staying in Nuremberg instead of going on to Prague. This is a great itinerary, and we were very pleased with Scenic when we travelled with them before.

Perhaps the rivers will provide their own allure, and leave you wanting more!!

Fran

Archived