What in the world are they doing to the Voyager Class!!!

eots44

Alright, I just saw pictures of the Voyager after her recent refit, and am I the only one who thinks those Panoramic Staterooms ruins the graceful look these ships had??? I mean when I saw what it looks like, was like what???????? I just really don't like the way it makes it look now. I also saw what they did to the Royal Promenade, and I'm sorry, but they took it from beautiful, amazing, and spectacular looking, to dull and boring looking. I will say the staterooms look very nice though, but overall I'm quite dissatisfied with what they've done.:(:(

2135102329_Voyager2.jpg.8de3f88df6ba2f59eeeebb69c141aff4.jpg

Voyager3.jpg.2aea581e23c610eff8dabac44101d989.jpg

Voyager4.jpg.1184d7b0bd3f70df3feda7709d5304e2.jpg

Alright, I just saw pictures of the Voyager after her recent refit, and am I the only one who thinks those Panoramic Staterooms ruins the graceful look these ships had??? I mean when I saw what it looks like, was like what???????? I just really don't like the way it makes it look now. I also saw what they did to the Royal Promenade, and I'm sorry, but they took it from beautiful, amazing, and spectacular looking, to dull and boring looking. I will say the staterooms look very nice though, but overall I'm quite dissatisfied with what they've done.:(:(

Just looks like a second Viking Crown Lounge. After a while you will like it.

Just looks like a second Viking Crown Lounge. After a while you will like it.
Idk, I hope so, I just don't like how it looks as if they've just plopped it on there, like it looks so obvious that it wasn't always there, it just doesn't proportionally look right anymore.

The look of the staterooms isn't what I would consider the worst thing about them. But will leave it at that.

Agree with you about the promenade though. Going in there it felt just like a shopping centre. I didn't find the previous promenade so incredible but it still felt distinct. Now... just blah.

Where can I see more pics of the refit?

I hear they're doing this to Explorer too (my favorite). I don't think there is anything wrong with her the way she is, sure a refresh would be nice, but not a drastic change or alter,she's perfect just the way she is! I was on Explorer this past July, and everyone in my group could not believe the ship is 14 years old, it's still very impressive, and very well kept up!

hm. Promenade used to be good for people watching and eating. Now it looks like it's mostly shopping.

At first I thought I was lucky to be on the newly-renovated VotS sailing out of Singapore. But then I thought about the other side of the coin - namely that I missed out on the last chance to see the original VotS.

What was disappointing was to learn that there used to be a great wine bar across from the Pig & Whistle called Vintages. Instead they've put in some boring jewelry/watch store that is useless and just ruins the ambiance.

At first I thought I was lucky to be on the newly-renovated VotS sailing out of Singapore. But then I thought about the other side of the coin - namely that I missed out on the last chance to see the original VotS.

What was disappointing was to learn that there used to be a great wine bar across from the Pig & Whistle called Vintages. Instead they've put in some boring jewelry/watch store that is useless and just ruins the ambiance.

To my knowledge, Voyager never had Vintages. That area was a sports bar on all the first gen (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) ships.

Edited by clarea

To my knowledge, Voyager never had Vintages. That area was a sports bar on all the first gen (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) ships.

What was there before the recent refurb?

I thought it was Vintages, unless there was another bar that excelled in wine selection. Ian Millar mentioned that the place was across from the P&G - so I assumed he was talking about the same ship and not another vessel in the same class.

What was there before the recent refurb?

I thought it was Vintages, unless there was another bar that excelled in wine selection. Ian Millar mentioned that the place was across from the P&G - so I assumed he was talking about the same ship and not another vessel in the same class.

Voyager always had a sports bar across from the pub. Mariner and Navigator and all the Freedom class ships had Vintages in that spot.

I think you're right. I remember the sports bar there. But my memory is fading after 9 years. I wish they would bring her back.

Am I the only one who doesn't care??? I'm sure the Royal Promenade hasn't changed that much or the ship overall. Things change.

Write to Mr. Goldstein, maybe they will take it back to dry dock and remove it for you.

Am I the only one who doesn't care??? I'm sure the Royal Promenade hasn't changed that much or the ship overall. Things change.
Did you see the before and after pictures of the Royal Promenade in my first post? looks pretty different to me, like I said, by no means ugly, just not breathtaking as it already was previously and didn't need to be changed. Like I said to me it looks a little dull and kind of boring now.

Writeq to Mr. Goldstein, maybe they will take it back to dry dock and remove it for you.
Hahaha and I'll ask for an all expenses paid cruise as well! They obviously don't need to remove it now, the damage and millions of dollars it cost has already been done. I just hope they don't do it all of them. I'm sure it looks cool from inside the stateroom but I just think it changes the look of the ship and not in a good way.

Hahaha and I'll ask for an all expenses paid cruise as well! They obviously don't need to remove it now, the damage and millions of dollars it cost has already been done. I just hope they don't do it all of them. I'm sure it looks cool from inside the stateroom but I just think it changes the look of the ship and not in a good way.

Unfortunately they will do it to all of them, and also to Freedom class. I totally agree this new look is a nightmare for all ship lovers!

I also do not understand why they call additional cabins an upgrade, it is just a revenue improvement that adds more people and reduces public space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately they will do it to all of them, and also to Freedom class. I totally agree this new look is a nightmare for all ship lovers!

I also do not understand why they call additional cabins an upgrade, it is just a revenue improvement that adds more people and reduces public space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I guess I'll have to enjoy the Freedom class, and what's left of the original Voyager class while I can :( . Looks aside, just how much is it going to cost to stay in one of them in relation to a standard? I could be wrong but I suspect a lot more, and in all honesty if I could get a balcony stateroom for the same price, I would hands down choose the balcony!

We were on Navigator in February 2004. It was our first cruise. I can tell you this, I remember very little of the details of the ship. It would be helpful if you labeled which picture of the Royal Promenade was pre-refit and which was post refit from this Voyager comparison.

Why does the Panoramic Staterooms ruin the graceful look of the ship?

We are planning to go on Navigator again in Nov 2015, when she is back to sailing from S. Florida. I know that she has gone through a major refit. It will be like taking our first cruise all over again, except in a new ship. Yet, since we can't remember much of our first cruise, other than we loved it....it will be a brand new experience -- complete with flowrider and Izumi.

Edited by Paulette3028