Allure cabin questions

Ok, so I noticed many posts and reviews in the past few months were of people mentioning their cabins got too warm. I am going in three weeks, and I need it cool in my room to sleep, so I like to ask a few questions and perhaps there is some type of room location or such that is more prone to rooms being warm. If you don't mind, I would appreciate your responses just curous to this issue whether there is a common demoninator of cabins that are cool and warmer at night, thank you so very much!

Considering you do leave the balcony doors closed:

1- Where is the location (aft, mid, forward) of your cabin you were in?

2- What deck were you on?

3- What type of cabin did you have (ocv, boardwalk lcv, central park, interior)?

4- Was the cabin cool to your liking (for those who like it on cool side) in the daytime?

5- For those who said their cabins got warmer at night was it set to lowest setting?

6- For those who said their cabins got warmer at night when around did you notice this (I realize your sleeping and may not be able to answer but maybe some can)?

7- If it got warmer in the cabin during the night, did it get cooler in the am?

8- Has anybody called maintenance or mentioned about it getting warmer in the middle of the night and what answer did they give you for the reason to this? Was this issue every corrected for you?

I am curious whether there is a certain pattern to area on the ship that has this problem and truly appreciate your inputs, thank you so very much!

We had 12546, OV balcony, starboard side near forward elevators, eastern itinerary, September. It was too warm all the time, even with the drapes closed all day. Called maintenance who sent someone to check and said it was working within spec.

Mid Ship

3- What type of cabin did you have (ocv, boardwalk lcv, central park, interior)?

Ocean View Balcony

4- Was the cabin cool to your liking (for those who like it on cool side) in the daytime?

Yes, the room was fine (and I stay hot)

5- For those who said their cabins got warmer at night was it set to lowest setting?

Yes, even at lowest setting, the room was warmer at night

6- For those who said their cabins got warmer at night when around did you notice this (I realize your sleeping and may not be able to answer but maybe some can)?

When I would get up for a drink, or when I would get hot enough to kick off all covers.

Yes it did

8- Has anybody called maintenance or mentioned about it getting warmer in the middle of the night and what answer did they give you for the reason to this? Was this issue every corrected for you?

I did not call. Had heard on CC about this happening, so we were expecting it.

Can anybody else help me here, I don't have enough people's answers and enough locations to determine if there are certain areas that get warmer at night in the cabins.

I also wonder whether they have motion detectors in the staterooms....trying to figure this one out lol.

Ok, so I noticed many posts and reviews in the past few months were of people mentioning their cabins got too warm. I am going in three weeks, and I need it cool in my room to sleep, so I like to ask a few questions and perhaps there is some type of room location or such that is more prone to rooms being warm. If you don't mind, I would appreciate your responses just curous to this issue whether there is a common demoninator of cabins that are cool and warmer at night, thank you so very much!

Considering you do leave the balcony doors closed:

Mid

central Park

Was it at the temperature we keep our house? No. But than again, it is a ship, and a ships cooling systems are not the same as a house. I stayed in Hotels. Those are worse than the ship, since the ship is consistent with one temperature, and the hotels, usually go on/off, and the cycling is annoying.

It's "warmer" at night because ships heat up during the hot day and you are more active. On a balcony, the door is being opened to the outside air, which also creates a warmer temperature!

It gets cooler in the am because the outside temperature is cooler, and most likely, you did not have your balcony door open, so the room remained consistent and had a chance to "cool down".

Temperatures in the room are not easily controlled, so if something goes wrong, than it will be really hot!!!!! I'm sure maintenance has to deal with this all the time, and just show up for customer satisfaction.

I am curious whether there is a certain pattern to area on the ship that has this problem and truly appreciate your inputs, thank you so very much!

If you are sailing in the Caribbean, then it will be hot. Expecting the room to be at 71 during the day, just will not happen. Different people like different temps, but the ship, puts out a steady flow of chilled air, and some will be happy, some will be hot, and others like me, just won't notice!!!!

We were in 10574, oceanview balcony. It was too hot, all the time. The AC was on its lowest setting, and I kept the drapes closed. Maintenance was called every day by either me or the room steward. They would make some adjustment and it would be good for a few hours and then get hot again. They said that part of the problem was the people next door to us who kept their balcony door open most of the time, making the AC in our "block" work less efficiently and sucking out the cool air from the hallway and neighboring cabins. It was really unbearable.

Edited by DonnaK

Can everybody give me the cabin number they have....so far three people did and the only common thing I can find so far (still need others to answer if they can) is that everybody who said its warm so far had their bed next to the closet...if I am getting the floor plans correct which I think I am.

We stayed in 7556 last July. I don't remember it being too hot, and my husband, who always is warm, never mentioned it. That being said, I can assure you it wasn't cold, not even as cool as our house. I remember sitting around in shorts and a t-shirt with dripping wet hair and being a comfortable temperature, which is definitely not something I can do at home.

Allure 4/6/14 sailing - Western - cabin 12572 - forward - starboard side- oceanview - bed by the balcony. It was a little warm at night, I would kick off the covers and put on my little tabletop fan* and in 5 minutes I was back under the covers quite comfortable. It was cooler during the day (which I noticed for the 5 minutes I was there after an excursion or whatever). I might put on the fan while blowdrying my hair because that heats me up anyways. But honestly it was tolerable except during the sleeping hours, for me anyways. But remember they have a lot of bedding that you just have to roll down. I did not call maintenance, it wasn't that bad. Great room, great location.

*Battery operated, rubber blades, $1.00 at Dollar Tree Store. It'll go everywhere with me. I'm now on a mission for more...

Thanks lets keep this going as I truly feel there may be a reason why some are warm...I just spoke to an owner of a car service that I just hired to take me hotel to port, and he went on the Allure was on bottom ship deck 6 balcony said very cool....and also my mom asked her friend what deck she was on it was deck 6...so if you all don't mind keep this going, wondering now whether lower decks have no problems and higher decks warmer, I appreciate it all.

Thanks lets keep this going as I truly feel there may be a reason why some are warm...I just spoke to an owner of a car service that I just hired to take me hotel to port, and he went on the Allure was on bottom ship deck 6 balcony said very cool....and also my mom asked her friend what deck she was on it was deck 6...so if you all don't mind keep this going, wondering now whether lower decks have no problems and higher decks warmer, I appreciate it all.

I sure hope so. We'll be on Deck 6 of Oasis in June.

I will also add that friends of ours, still deck 11, were bed next to balcony and their room was warmer than ours.

(Side note: never EVER shut off the master switch, you will have NO A/C)

I run hotter than normal people. Even right now, I am comfy in shorts and a t shirt and hubby is next to me in sweats and a long sleeve. I was warm at night, but it was never enough to be bothersome.

We are headed back on Allure, no fears about being too warm at night!

Our first cruise: The coolest room I have had has been our 1 inside cabin - no windows, no balcony - dark all the time - it was midship and on the lowest level of cabins. All of our other cruises we have had a balcony - and had to work to keep it cool (keeping curtains closed and balcony door closed). The exception to the balcony rule is our cruises to Alaska - :).

7130, bed next to balcony door. It was warmer near the bed area compared to near the closet where the air comes out of. It was not as cool as I like it, but I still slept because I was tired.

I could have used that fan that was mentioned above.

I personally like it very cold. I keep my bedroom at 65 degrees in the summer and 60 in the winter.

Aft-12329

Boardwalk

It was just ok. Could have been cooler. There were many areas on the ship that was warm. Especially the aft elevator areas. We brought a small 12 inch fan. It worked wonders in cooling things down.

Yes

Unsure

No difference noticed

No calls. The fan did the trick.

Regardless you will have a fantastic time on that ship. We sailed 03/30/14.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the additional cc people that just made comments thank you. I still making a log seeing if there is a pattern, so far I haven't had anybody but one that was on deck 7 or lower...lets keep this going all.

I think what would help also is to ask you all, what temperature do you keep your ac on during the summer months, this will give me a better idea of things as we all feel cooler and warmer in different temperatures.

I like my night temperature on 71 and daytime 73.

I was on Allure in a GS a few years ago and it was miserably hot at night. Maintenance was pretty useless, there's nothing they could really do though. I got them to take the grill off the vent so the air would blow down on the bed rather than into the ceiling.

The next day the hotel director bought a fan for us in port, so we were fine after that.

For the additional cc people that just made comments thank you. I still making a log seeing if there is a pattern, so far I haven't had anybody but one that was on deck 7 or lower...lets keep this going all.

I think what would help also is to ask you all, what temperature do you keep your ac on during the summer months, this will give me a better idea of things as we all feel cooler and warmer in different temperatures.

I like my night temperature on 71 and daytime 73.

I like nightime temp to be 72 and lower.

Why not just book an interior or oceanview cabin?

Can everybody give me the cabin number they have....so far three people did and the only common thing I can find so far (still need others to answer if they can) is that everybody who said its warm so far had their bed next to the closet...if I am getting the floor plans correct which I think I am.

I can't comment on our room, as I was pregnant and my internal temp gauge was just always off. But our table mates were complaining a lot about sweating 24-7 in their room. So much that at dinner night 3 the husband explained he fixed it. He somehow opened the thermostat and was able to turn it farther down that the dial on the outside allows. He popped the dial back on for the week, and did change it back before they left. I don't know that I would attempt this, as he sounded handy and knew what he was doing. But it def proves they restrict what temps we set the room to!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Mary521