Am I pushing it?????

cuted126

In my twelve cruises, the ship has always been back in port way before time and I am always off before 8 am. I am looking at flights and I see a departure from FORT LAUDERDALE at 10:45 am. We are docking in Miami. Do you guys think I will be pushing it by booking that?!?!

YES

Depends on how many other ships are disembarking ..how many taxis are there how the traffic is getting to FLL

I would not risk it

JMO

I feel so nervous and all my other options are terrible :( I don't want miss my flight though:eek:

In my twelve cruises, the ship has always been back in port way before time and I am always off before 8 am. I am looking at flights and I see a departure from FORT LAUDERDALE at 10:45 am. We are docking in Miami. Do you guys think I will be pushing it by booking that?!?!

Yes, cutting it way too close.

Why not just add an extra day of vaycay, enjoy Fort Lauderdale, and book the same flight out the following day.

Wow! For a 1045 flight you need to be at FLL by 9:15 (and earlier is better if you ahve seen the TSA lines at FLL recently); with a 45+ minute drive from POM that means in a taxi (no time for a shared shuttle, so figure $80+ :eek:) and rolling by 8:30 or before.

IF you carry all of your bags off, and IF the ship is on time and IF there are no customs/immigration delays you could make this flight. Do you feel lucky? :confused: Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

I would book something closer to noon or later and play it safe, but it is your call.

I feel so nervous and all my other options are terrible :( I don't want miss my flight though:eek:

I am worried about making a 12:15 flight from MIA after docking in Port Everglades

I would not even consider an earlier flight even from POM

JMO

Thank you all for your input. I wish I could add another day of vacay, but that's not in the budget :( My only other options are earlier than that 10:45am:( and there is one that is at 7:40pm which we will be sitting in the airport all day long but I don't want to be overly worried. So I guess that's the way to go.

Wow! For a 1045 flight you need to be at FLL by 9:15 (and earlier is better if you ahve seen the TSA lines at FLL recently); with a 45+ minute drive from POM that means in a taxi (no time for a shared shuttle, so figure $80+ :eek:) and rolling by 8:30 or before.

IF you carry all of your bags off, and IF the ship is on time and IF there are no customs/immigration delays you could make this flight. Do you feel lucky? :confused: Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused:

I would book something closer to noon or later and play it safe, but it is your call.

I'm clearly not feeling lucky at all. Haven't seen the TSA lines in FLL, haven't been there in a year. I thought FLL was 20 mins away, not 40:confused: Either way, I went with something else.

Maybe I am lucky after all, found a flight that's around 3pm......it's a little well a lot more expensive, but better than the early flights and that 7:40pm flight which would have us in the airport for 10 hours

Wise decision.

Now enjoy the cruise and be one of the last ones off and have no worries. :)

Keith

Thank you all for your input. I wish I could add another day of vacay, but that's not in the budget :( My only other options are earlier than that 10:45am:( and there is one that is at 7:40pm which we will be sitting in the airport all day long but I don't want to be overly worried. So I guess that's the way to go.

Why on earth would you have to sit in the airport all day? I can promise you Fort Lauderdale is a way cooler city with more to do than any on your Caribbean cruise.

Give your bags to Bags To Go, jump on the water taxi, get off at one of the restaurant stops, have a nice lunch, jump back on and spend the afternoon sightseeing.

Maybe I am lucky after all, found a flight that's around 3pm......it's a little well a lot more expensive, but better than the early flights and that 7:40pm flight which would have us in the airport for 10 hours

Glad you got an earlier flight but why would you stay in the airport all day?

I'm clearly not feeling lucky at all. Haven't seen the TSA lines in FLL, haven't been there in a year. I thought FLL was 20 mins away, not 40:confused: Either way, I went with something else.

FLL is maybe 20 min from Pt Everglades but not from POM

even MIA is 20-30 from POM on a good day

If you have a later flight rent a car for the day & go sightsee then late afternoon head to FLL

OR take the HOHO in Miami they will store your bags at Bayside I think

There are lots of options beside sitting in the airport

Enjoy the cruise

Yes, we think you are pushing it!

Glad you got an earlier flight but why would you stay in the airport all day?[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would you have to sit in the airport all day? I can promise you Fort Lauderdale is a way cooler city with more to do than any on your Caribbean cruise.

Give your bags to Bags To Go, jump on the water taxi, get off at one of the restaurant stops, have a nice lunch, jump back on and spend the afternoon sightseeing.

Love FLL, it definitely is a great city BUT our budget won't allow us to do that much extra after the cruise this year. We've planned a nice day before the cruise, but won't be doing anything but going home after. It is what it is! I am excited to have a better flight and everything is ironed out.