Am I going to have to pay...

Tenn4ever

Ohh, I so hope this is correct. Husband just did a 'google' and said that there is a charge forALL room service. I just can't imagine having to go down to the dining room in pj's to get my coffee and carting it back to the cabin :)

Edited by Tenn4ever

Ohh, I so hope this is correct. Husband just did a 'google' and said that there is a charge forALL room service. I just can't imagine having to go down to the dining room in pj's to get my coffee and carting it back to the cabin :)

No worries. A continental breakfast is still only the cost of a tip.

*during certain hours.

Edited by tarps14

http://www.ncl.com/faq#norwegian-cruise-line-now-charging-room-service

You just dashed my hopes. This sounds like there is a $7.95 charge just for coffee!!!. That's what husband had read today. Why would I want to pay $7.95 for a pot of coffee plus a tip :( Need some advice from someone who just sailed in a balcony room...not Haven or a suite.

Edited by Tenn4ever

There is no charge for the continental breakfast items. Order coffee, real cream, fruit plate, danish or croissants, all for free. We ordered for three adults every single day. Tipped $5 which was our choice. Just do not put the dishes in the hallway when finished. And, by the way, we ordered two pots each morning.

Just got off the pearl yesterday.... We had coffee room service every morning. No $7.95 for coffee in the morning.

We were in an ocean view.

I wish I took s pic of the breakfast room service card.

You just dashed my hopes. This sounds like there is a $7.95 charge just for coffee!!!. That's what husband had read today. Why would I want to pay $7.95 for a pot of coffee plus a tip :( Need some advice from someone who just sailed in a balcony room...not Haven or a suite.

A very simple continental breakfast is available from 6 - 10 am free of charge. Basically coffee and pastry. Outside of that there is always the new $7.95 room service charge.

HAPPY NEWS!! You are in a balcony cabin so there will be a coffee maker in your room. They will have the little cartons of dairy stuff in the cabin for you. You could pick up a carton of milk or some cream at the buffet to keep in your cabin fridge if this is more to your preference.

So no need to stress about your morning java you do have a couple of options and they are indeed free of charge.

Rochelle

There is no charge for the continental breakfast items. Order coffee, real cream, fruit plate, danish or croissants, all for free. We ordered for three adults every single day. Tipped $5 which was our choice. Just do not put the dishes in the hallway when finished. And, by the way, we ordered two pots each morning.

Do you mind my asking when this was? On my cruise in May on the Jade fruit, cereal and yogurt were no longer options on the continental breakfast card. Just coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, juice, pastries and preserves. Unless things have changed once again...ya never know. ;)

Rochelle

Just off the Getaway and we had 2 pots of coffee delivered every morning and there is NO service charge for morning continental breakfast. Leave the breakfast card out the night before and they are there right on time.

A tip is all that is needed.

Believe Google or believe the experienced people on CC - your choice.

It's not really a "double tip". Some travelers are just more generous than others.

It is really a double tip since room service shares in the daily service charge. Yes, some people like to tip extra to make themselves feel big and important and think it gets the better service , and some are tip for services rendered as expected as yielded.

It is really a double tip since room service shares in the daily service charge. Yes, some people like to tip extra to make themselves feel big and important and think it gets the better service , and some are tip for services rendered as expected as yielded.

Yes, tipping $2.00 makes me feel so much more important then others. :rolleyes: Get a life. :cool:

What is free is basically the continental breakfast. The same breakfast that is free at every hotel across America lol.

Really? What hotel in the US offers free coffee and pastries via room service? Heck, DH travels a lot for work, and there is NOTHING free in the hotels he stays in (which is the norm at higher end business hotels and conference centers). You wNt a cup of coffee? Try the Starbucks in the lobby.

Really? What hotel in the US offers free coffee and pastries via room service? Heck, DH travels a lot for work, and there is NOTHING free in the hotels he stays in (which is the norm at higher end business hotels and conference centers). You wNt a cup of coffee? Try the Starbucks in the lobby.

No I did not mean the room service part, I meant when you go to the lobby they usually have a continental breakfast. I never mentioned the room service. To be more clear, the room service you are getting for free is the continental breakfast the same thing you get at the lobby of almost any hotel in America

No I did not mean the room service part, I meant when you go to the lobby they usually have a continental breakfast. I never mentioned the room service. To be more clear, the room service you are getting for free is the continental breakfast the same thing you get at the lobby of almost any hotel in America

Okay, then I am going to challenge you about every hotel in America. Good luck finding that lobby set-up in major cities. Maybe small town America...

It is really a double tip since room service shares in the daily service charge. ... .

Room service is not included in Daily Service Charge. That is why the Room Service Charge was initiated. Since free continental breakfast has no service charge and those servers do not get extra from DSC, we always tip a dollar or two. Room service duties are in addition to servers other duties.