Port Canaveral Parking -- changes in payment routine

SherriZ366

I have read that Port Canaveral parking (the garage near the terminal RCI uses) has changed its payment routine: You used to drop of luggage, park and pay when you exited. Now, you drop off luggage, pay upon entering garage and then park.

Has anyone experienced this? Were there delays etc.?

Thanks

We were on the Enchantment at the beginning of July, and yes, we paid the parking before the cruise. I believe they had 3 or 4 people to take money so at the time we went through, there was no delay. We arrived at about 11:15am.

Edited by sandthrush

I have read that Port Canaveral parking (the garage near the terminal RCI uses) has changed its payment routine: You used to drop of luggage, park and pay when you exited. Now, you drop off luggage, pay upon entering garage and then park.

Has anyone experienced this? Were there delays etc.?

Thanks

No delays, you enter at the other side of the parking garage on Christoper Columbus Rd., drive through the garage an drop you luggage in the parking lot opposite the terminal. Hope this link works

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.4106648,-80.6292696,200m/data=!3m1!1e3

No problem at all. I do wonder, however, how long it will take them to realize that with the new process they are losing 50% of the parking revenue from anyone doing a back-to-back, since they do nothing to check how long you were there when you leave;)

You do not have to drop off your luggage before you park. Your choice. You do have to pay before you park now instead of when you depart. We were told that this was because someone somehow had embezzled quite a few thousands of parking dollars. Don't know for sure the reason but there was a slight delay as there was only one lane open.

No problem at all. I do wonder, however, how long it will take them to realize that with the new process they are losing 50% of the parking revenue from anyone doing a back-to-back, since they do nothing to check how long you were there when you leave;)
Shut up!!:rolleyes:

Baltimore is prepaid also and has been for years. We cruised out of PC in 2011 and it was prepay then to so this is not new, but it is a change from cruises we did prior to 2011 out of PC.

Baltimore is prepaid also and has been for years. We cruised out of PC in 2011 and it was prepay then to so this is not new, but it is a change from cruises we did prior to 2011 out of PC.

We've been sailing out of PC since 2006, and the only line that we ever had to pre-pay was Disney. RCL's lot has been pay-on-exit on every cruise we've taken out of that port until our last one in July, when they changed to pre-pay.

We've been sailing out of PC since 2006, and the only line that we ever had to pre-pay was Disney. RCL's lot has been pay-on-exit on every cruise we've taken out of that port until our last one in July, when they changed to pre-pay.
The Miami lot, not the parking garage across from the Carnival terminal was prepay a few years ago I don't know if it still is.

The Miami lot, not the parking garage across from the Carnival terminal was prepay a few years ago I don't know if it still is.

Don't remember. The one Carnival cruise we took out of PC was so disappointing that I've completely blocked it out of my mind.

Oops, did I have it backwards? All I know is our cruises in 2005, 2006 and 2008 out of PC were one way and 2011 was the opposite. We talked about it at the time trying to figure out how they were going to make it work with the drop off of luggage. It actually works better except for getting into the parking lot which was VERY slow. PC could learn from Baltimore having separate cash and credit lines.

But, as I previously stated, Baltimore has been prepay as long as I can remember and honestly, it's easier that way. In Baltimore, everything moves really smoothly unless you are charging your parking. That line is very slow. DH and I decided in Nov we're paying cash because boy does that line move. Most ports have gone to prepay now. It relieves the congestion for those leaving.

Edited by BND

Last year they had porters across the street from the terminal but this year we had to drag our bags all the way to porters next to the terminal....still preferable to me. Rather than dropping off bags and then parking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last year they had porters across the street from the terminal but this year we had to drag our bags all the way to porters next to the terminal....still preferable to me. Rather than dropping off bags and then parking

Too bad they eliminated the porters across the street from the terminal. One of the things I like about Port C. But as we are cruising after Terminal 1 opens and I think our ships will sail from there, it may be an entirely different arrangement.

Tampa has had pre-pay for several years. Of course they have fewer ships departing than Miami or Port Everglades (FLL). The parking lots are multi-story and across the street from the boarding area. You can drop off first or park first. Pretty efficient.

They still had porters across the street at the bag drop when we were there in July.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app