Goff Caye instead Harvest Caye but with which Company?

pitmindi

Hi, My group of 6 arrives at Belize Feb 17, 2016. We were excited about Harvest Caye but thats not happening so Goff Caye seems like an excellent alternative. We are on Norwegian and they don't offer Goff Caye so we need to book with a private company. The question is Which Company. I emailed belizecruiseexcursions.com after reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor and they responded with their prices and reservation info but after I asked them specific questions they have not responded so I don't think I will use them. Can people that have been to Goff Caye using non-ship providers who did you like and are there any to stay away from? Thank you so much for your help. I am making arrangements for our whole group so the pressure is on!!! This cruise community is wonderful in their willingness to share their experiences and advice. Also my mom is 79 with limited mobility (knee replacement, back pain) and she walks extremely sloW. Will she be ok on this excursion? She has gone on catamaran snorkeling excursions and enjoyed them. The boat does dock, right? We don't have to swim to shore right? THANKS EVERYONE

Edited by pitmindi

Good Morning

I just booked Goffs Caye this morning with Exotic Echo for us in April. The reviews were great for this company. It is 45.00 pp and 4 hours for the tour. I'm looking forward to the 2 for 12.00 Lobster tails. Make sure to take cash I read. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like (from what I have been reading around the boards) that most people are having positive experiences with various vendors. I'm wondering what the difference is between the vendors because they have such a different price range (from $40-$55). What justifies one vendor being able to charge $55? Do you get something more for them? :confused:

Hi , I'm considering Goff's caye and snorkeling as well with the shoreexcusioneer.com company. for 45p/p.

I admittedly never used their company, i will be booking them in April, so i wcan let you know. I do know that I will b e booking other excursions with them, mainly because they are priced right and , seem to get good reviews.

Costco has the same excursions but at $59??

If you are leaving in the later part of april, i will write up a review?

cj

oh, i just realized the belize shore excursion that you mentioned is with island marketing ltd.

they have been around while and I have heard about them, so ???

My mind is not made up yet?? I guess I'll do more research. Hopefully we will get back more review from the cruisers in March.

cj

We booked through belizeshoreexcursions.com but the confirmation came from Island Marketing.

We had a great time and the crew did a great job! Rojo makes a killer rum punch!

I will say, however, that the island was different than when we went a few years ago. There were more vendors selling stuff, and there is now a chair rental guy. We still had a great day and the island is beautiful, but it was just a little more commercial.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned and had an absolute wonderful day there! It's definitely a must and great snorkeling even from shore.

There was no chair rental guy there last week when we were there. But then again, I never sit in a chair because I'm usually too busy out in the water. :D

I will have a full review of our day there with tons of pictures to follow in the next several weeks. :)

Kim, I'm so glad to hear you had a great day there! I'm was looking forward to your review as we are planning to go to Goff's Caye on March 15. But I understand now from reading your other post how swamped you are (believe me, I get it!) so I'll wait and read it when we're back. :)

I'm getting a little worried, though, as it seems I keep coming across reviews that focus on the crowds, and rocks instead of sand, etc there. I'm going with a group of friends and our teen sons - not too many snorkelers in our group - and have to say now I'm second guessing myself on Goff's Caye as a good choice. We did Little French Key last year and loved it, so looking for something else.

Oh, these planning dilemmas! ;)

We just returned and had an absolute wonderful day there! It's definitely a must and great snorkeling even from shore.

There was no chair rental guy there last week when we were there. But then again, I never sit in a chair because I'm usually too busy out in the water. :D

I will have a full review of our day there with tons of pictures to follow in the next several weeks. :)

Glad to hear you had a good time. We are considering Goff's Caye in 4 weeks with our children, ages 1.5-12. Would you recommend this? Nice beach? I'm worried about being on the tender boat and then the excursion boat for so long with kids, but realize most any excursion in Belize takes time to get to. It's our first time in Belize and we are considering river tubing (since our little guy is too short for cave tubing) or an island trip. Goff's Caye looks the best for this. Any thoughts or suggestions? We'll be doing a roatan tour with part of the day on west beach and then chankanaab in Cozumel. Will this be too much beach time? Thanks.

Kim, I'm so glad to hear you had a great day there! I'm was looking forward to your review as we are planning to go to Goff's Caye on March 15. But I understand now from reading your other post how swamped you are (believe me, I get it!) so I'll wait and read it when we're back. :)

I'm getting a little worried, though, as it seems I keep coming across reviews that focus on the crowds, and rocks instead of sand, etc there. I'm going with a group of friends and our teen sons - not too many snorkelers in our group - and have to say now I'm second guessing myself on Goff's Caye as a good choice. We did Little French Key last year and loved it, so looking for something else.

Oh, these planning dilemmas! ;)

I have all my pictures ready for that day and just need to upload them to my host site. If you want to email me (mitsubishigirl19 hotmail) I can send you the link so you can at least see the place. There's quite a few pictures. It should give you some idea of what it's like there.

We absolutely LOVED this place. It will be put on my list of places I would return to. Yes, it's a small island and can get a little crowded, but I found there was plenty of beach space still. It's just a primitive type of place with no chairs, a few trees, 2 bathrooms and a shack that they cook the food at. I thought it was perfect. I have NEVER seen such clear water anywhere before. Seriously! I just couldn't get over how crystal clear the water was all the way to the shoreline. It never got stirred up when people were walking or anything. I kept taking pictures from above of the fish below and they turned out clear. I just loved this place!

Glad to hear you had a good time. We are considering Goff's Caye in 4 weeks with our children, ages 1.5-12. Would you recommend this? Nice beach? I'm worried about being on the tender boat and then the excursion boat for so long with kids, but realize most any excursion in Belize takes time to get to. It's our first time in Belize and we are considering river tubing (since our little guy is too short for cave tubing) or an island trip. Goff's Caye looks the best for this. Any thoughts or suggestions? We'll be doing a roatan tour with part of the day on west beach and then chankanaab in Cozumel. Will this be too much beach time? Thanks.

Please see above for my thoughts on the place. We loved it.

Our cruise line didn't offer an excursion there, so we booked with a local. They make sure you get back on time and we arrived a few hours prior to the last tender on our way back. The way ours worked was, we arrived in port at 9am. Tendered over (20 minutes) and had about 45-1 hour to look around and shop. Then got on the boat to head over to Goffs Caye, which took about 25-30 minutes. Not a bad ride. Then coming back, of course you have plenty of time in port before having to get on the tender to go back to the ship. So, you would have a chance to get breaks from the boats in between each ride and hopefully that would break it up for the children and not be going from one boat to another right away. :)

Sorry, you are asking the wrong person about "too much beach time" :D I would live on the beach if I could. We go to as many beaches as we can when cruising. Then we have to drag ourselves away from it. :o So I would not be one to tell you there's such thing as "too much" beach time. hehe :p

Thank you mitsugirly. I think we'll try Goffs caye. We love the beach too and it seems the easiest way to relax with kids in tow. I sent an email to Belize cruise excursions and I'm hoping they still have room for us at the end of the month. Can't wait!!

Thanks so much for the great review - it put my mind at ease that we're making a good choice with Goff's Caye.

You are so kind to share your pictures and experiences with all of us here on CC. It's very appreciated! :)

I loved Goff Caye when we were there in December. We used Exotic Eco Adventures. We waited till we got to Belize to decide what to do so we booked right at the pier with Bernie. It was 50$ would have been 45 if we had prebooked. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Very fun. I can't say much about the beach either I was in the water snorkeling most of the time, but my husband and one of our friends stayed on the beach and had a grand time with the free rum punch. They also said the food was very good.

Mitsugirly I can't wait to see your review, I have read them all and look forward to them. I actually chose Little French Key on your review, it was fantastic. Going back in April. I just love your pictures also. Sometimes on a cold rainy afternoon I will re read your reviews and look at the pictures. So THANKS.

I am going to try to upload a couple pics of Goff Caye.

DSCN4816.jpg.f7b55a02d6866155f8676ebc589c59d9.jpg

DSCN4820.jpg.dd4d126b75bbde18d79e44789b9d1b6b.jpg

PC150004.jpg.3be0c6c6a4db866f6a70902d19aec421.jpg

Where did you end up going? We are headed there in 10 days and I am curious. We went to Caye Caulker last year and it was fabulous, but was open to experiencing something new, too!

Thank you mitsugirly. I think we'll try Goffs caye. We love the beach too and it seems the easiest way to relax with kids in tow. I sent an email to Belize cruise excursions and I'm hoping they still have room for us at the end of the month. Can't wait!!

I hope you have a wonderful time there like we did.

Thanks so much for the great review - it put my mind at ease that we're making a good choice with Goff's Caye.

You are so kind to share your pictures and experiences with all of us here on CC. It's very appreciated! :)

No problem. Glad I could help and hopefully you'll have a great experience too. :)

I loved Goff Caye when we were there in December. We used Exotic Eco Adventures. We waited till we got to Belize to decide what to do so we booked right at the pier with Bernie. It was 50$ would have been 45 if we had prebooked. I would use them again in a heartbeat. Very fun. I can't say much about the beach either I was in the water snorkeling most of the time, but my husband and one of our friends stayed on the beach and had a grand time with the free rum punch. They also said the food was very good.

Mitsugirly I can't wait to see your review, I have read them all and look forward to them. I actually chose Little French Key on your review, it was fantastic. Going back in April. I just love your pictures also. Sometimes on a cold rainy afternoon I will re read your reviews and look at the pictures. So THANKS.

I am going to try to upload a couple pics of Goff Caye.

Thanks so much for the compliment. Glad you enjoy the reviews. We just came back from LFK last week and they have added some much more since the last time. That place is just amazing and so beautiful. :)

Where did you end up going? We are headed there in 10 days and I am curious. We went to Caye Caulker last year and it was fabulous, but was open to experiencing something new, too!

We went to Goffs Caye (what this threa is about :p). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a complete review done on Goffs Caye from the day we were there a few weeks ago. It's very picture intensive. If you are interested in it, you can click HERE and it will drop you off at the page it's located at. Just scroll down until that portion of the review starts.