no more mongolian wok?

Laurab23

Someone posted that when they went on the Splendor in November that there was no mongolian wok.Can anyone confirm or deny it? I hope they did not take it away,it was my favorite place to eat lunch.

Thanks

Laura

Someone posted that when they went on the Splendor in November that there was no mongolian wok.Can anyone confirm or deny it? I hope they did not take it away,it was my favorite place to eat lunch.

Thanks

Laura

I was on The Splendor in December and ate at the Mongolian Wok almost every day. It's one of the few things I still like about Carnival. Since we're doing The Liberty next January, I'm hoping they will still have it as well. Enjoy.

I was on Splendor in January and they had it. If you look on Carnival's website under explore our ships it shows that they have it. It won't be on the deck plans because it is just part of the Lido buffet. Where did you see info that they don't have it?

I was on Splendor in January and they had it. If you look on Carnival's website under explore our ships it shows that they have it. It won't be on the deck plans because it is just part of the Lido buffet. Where did you see info that they don't have it?

On the thread that says -mongolian wok-that is the trick to getting through quickly_one of the posters said they were on Splendor in Feb. and there was no more Mongolian Wok.And I sure hope they were wrong.

Laura

On the thread that says -mongolian wok-that is the trick to getting through quickly_one of the posters said they were on Splendor in Feb. and there was no more Mongolian Wok.And I sure hope they were wrong.

Laura

They were wrong wrong wrong. Son and wife were just on it last week. (they both hated it, by the way). :D

No problem. Hubby and I love it...BUT...be careful with the "spicy" (forgot the name of it) sauce. OMG....hot hot hot (for US ..anyway):o

I agree about the hot sauce. A nice Asian lady in line behind me recommended it saying it wasn't really hot. I was unable to eat all of mine because it was just plain too spicy. Next time I go with the black bean sauce.

Thanks

Laura

It was last August, but the Elation had Mongolian Wok (also, my favorite lunch join).

For some reason, they were serving rice noodles instead of the thicker Chinese noodles.

It's wasn't a deal, but I prefer the others.

Ecstacy, the year before, didn't do rice noodles.

JJ

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Conquest in January. It no longer exists.

We are about to cruise on the Glory. Not on there either unless they stuck some ware other than with the buffet.

In the middle across from one of the buffet lines where it usually is. Now is the staircase going to the steak house.

My wife was super upset. We talked to the head chef and he was also upset.

According to him. That is also his favorite lunch. He was just transferred to the Conquest. He was so very nice he made one up for my wife. Did not have all the things she likes in it but it was the thought as always.

So look at the deck plans for the Ledo deck and see if there are stairs shown across from the buffet line closest to the mid ship. If there is, no wok.

Like I said. I just looked for my wife at the Glory and there are stairs going to the steak house. We will be Diamond in September :-)

Mongolian Wok This Experience Is Available On:

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnival

Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnival

Will it still be on the Freedom after dry dock???

Was on the Liberty last October. Got in line for the Mongolian Grill. When they ask me about the sauce I said I did not like any of theirs. He told me if I would go get a packet of sugar he would make me sweet and sour sauce. I did and it was wonderful. Had it 4 times on the cruise. Got the friends we were sailing with doing same thing.

Butt...

I'm thinking about the Triumph, in December.

Is the problem with FunShip 2.0?

It seems like it's mostly restaurant changes.

I heard Elation is supposed to be upgraded, this year.

I hope they don't take it out.

JJ

Butt...

I'm thinking about the Triumph, in December.

Is the problem with FunShip 2.0?

It seems like it's mostly restaurant changes.

I heard Elation is supposed to be upgraded, this year.

I hope they don't take it out.

JJ

Just off the splendor today and I had Mongolian Wok twice. Best time to go is the first day. Lines get longer as the week goes on.

Was on the Liberty last October. Got in line for the Mongolian Grill. When they ask me about the sauce I said I did not like any of theirs. He told me if I would go get a packet of sugar he would make me sweet and sour sauce. I did and it was wonderful. Had it 4 times on the cruise. Got the friends we were sailing with doing same thing.

All the sauces were too spicey for me so I just ask for soy sauce......

No problem. Hubby and I love it...BUT...be careful with the "spicy" (forgot the name of it) sauce. OMG....hot hot hot (for US ..anyway):o

I will second this. I normally like spicy food, but their spicy sauce was so hot, it made me sick. I couldn't finish the bowl of otherwise great stir fry.

My husband gets the hotter sauce. I tried it and it was too hot for me. The next time he asked for mine with 1/2 the amt. of sauce.. Still too hot. Now he gets it with about 1/4 and it is great. I did not like the taste of the second hottest one.