cabs from port to jacks shack on turks caicos

jopal

i have a couple of questions, first the cost of a cab ride to jacks shack and where do you get the cab also the beach at the cruise center does it have a bar seperate from margaritaville and if so is it cheaper

i have a couple of questions, first the cost of a cab ride to jacks shack and where do you get the cab also the beach at the cruise center does it have a bar seperate from margaritaville and if so is it cheaper

Jopal,

No clue on the cab cost; it's too close to consider riding in a cab. Ten minute walk.

Yes Jack's Shack's bar is separate from Margaritaville and it's a lot cheaper.

We never did anything but put one foot in front of the other and poof, like magic you're at Jack's in just a few minutes! :eek::D

Seriously, it is really not a bad walk. Besides, when you walk to Jack's, you're ready for a cold beverage as soon as you arrive!

Failed to comment earlier on the jerk chicken at Jack's. It has to be some of the best I ever ate! If you get hungry, give it a try/

Jopal,

No clue on the cab cost; it's too close to consider riding in a cab. Ten minute walk.

Yes Jack's Shack's bar is separate from Margaritaville and it's a lot cheaper.

Not to steal the thread, but I finally signed up for the April Vista cruise to find you cancelled. We had a FANTASTIC cruise on the 7/1 Vista sailing.

Jopal, last year I was going to Grand Turk for the first time and wanted to go to Jack's shack, so I posted this same question over on the ports of call board. I got some of the same responses first ie; just walk, it is only 500 yards or so, 10 minutes walk etc. However, due to some physical limitations, I was/am unable to do such a walk, especially in sand. So someone said that I could take a taxi for about 4.00 . I ended up going on the cruise, but was barely able to walk the pier, so ended up not doing it/going to Jack's.

If you go over to the ports of call board, for Caribbean, and then to Grand Turk, you will get lots of info. I will try to dredge up my old post for you on that board.

Check out the ports of call boards for Caribbean/Grand Turk.:)

ps. I bumped up my old thread over on the Grand Turk board, someone said that it was 4.00 per person by cab.

Edited by SMSACE6

And depending on the time of year and the weather, there are other vendors along the beach that are closer than Jack's that rent loungers and grill up chicken and other stuff.

Edited by evandbob

Jopal, last year I was going to Grand Turk for the first time and wanted to go to Jack's shack, so I posted this same question over on the ports of call board. I got some of the same responses first ie; just walk, it is only 500 yards or so, 10 minutes walk etc. However, due to some physical limitations, I was/am unable to do such a walk, especially in sand. So someone said that I could take a taxi for about 4.00 . I ended up going on the cruise, but was barely able to walk the pier, so ended up not doing it/going to Jack's.

If you go over to the ports of call board, for Caribbean, and then to Grand Turk, you will get lots of info. I will try to dredge up my old post for you on that board.

Check out the ports of call boards for Caribbean/Grand Turk.:)

ps. I bumped up my old thread over on the Grand Turk board, someone said that it was 4.00 per person by cab.

I was going to say that if you walk along the beach, it can be very tiring depending upon your physical condition - I'm a pretty health 60-something and I was rather worn out by the time we got from the dock to Jack's (though not too tired for a few Turk's Head beers). You could (I believe) walk along the road behind the beach and it would be easier albeit just a bit longer. :)

Edited by joepeka

Not to steal the thread, but I finally signed up for the April Vista cruise to find you cancelled. We had a FANTASTIC cruise on the 7/1 Vista sailing.

Jim,

Britt's school has NO Spring Break next year..... :mad: All they get is a four day weekend that will likely be taken due to snow days.

I'm looking forward to trying Vista; hoping the cabana rooms are nice because that's where I plan to book. We thought about sailing her next summer, but Karen wants to sail out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami so we're sailing on Magic. We missed Magic so she'll be new to us.

Jim,

Britt's school has NO Spring Break next year..... :mad: All they get is a four day weekend that will likely be taken due to snow days.

I'm looking forward to trying Vista; hoping the cabana rooms are nice because that's where I plan to book. We thought about sailing her next summer, but Karen wants to sail out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami so we're sailing on Magic. We missed Magic so she'll be new to us.

We are staving in a Havana Cabana room in April and the 6th floor aft wrap Havana Cabana (we both love aft wraps) in August 2017. We have sailed the Magic 3 times (but not since the dry dock) sure you will enjoy it. Hope to sail with you guys again someday.

I was going to say that if you walk along the beach, it can be very tiring depending upon your physical condition - I'm a pretty health 60-something and I was rather worn out by the time we got from the dock to Jack's (though not too tired for a few Turk's Head beers). You could (I believe) walk along the road behind the beach and it would be easier albeit just a bit longer. :)

Thanks, I keep hoping to get into better condition for my next cruise, but so far does not seem to be happening, even though I am actively trying to improve my health, and physical setbacks. However...I am not yet giving up, I will get back to Grand Turk some day, and will attempt again:)