White Nights

travellgirl

good evening,

I have a question about the White Nights,

Are they normally held on a sea day or a day when you leave port early? We will be on a Mediterranean cruise and have a quite a few nights when the ship is docked till late.

Thank you. I assume when we board they will have the schedule for the trip. I has just assumed it was when we be sailing. We had planned on staying onshore on nights when we didn't leave till late, but do want to go to the White Night. We have been on Azamara twice before, but that was before they did these.

Thanks for the information.

Thank you. I assume when we board they will have the schedule for the trip.

The complete schedule, including any time zone changes, will be in the embarkation day Pursuits. They barbecue at the White Night pool deck buffet, and can't have open flames if the ship is moving at speed...a safety issue.

Very occasionally it is held at sea, had that on Quest last year. This happens when the schedule will not allow a port night or where the weather might be much better at a later point in the cruise. The ship is slowed down and modifications made to how food is prepared. Also had the barbecue element cancelled on a port white nights due to higher than expected winds rolling in.

I love White Nights great fun!

• 3 weeks later...
We have our first Azamara cruise booked for January 2018. Are white nights held on every A cruise?

Not on Repositioning / TA cruises.

We did our first Azamara cruise last fall, Southampton to Montreal, so unfortunately didn't have one.

We did our first Azamara cruise last fall, Southampton to Montreal, so unfortunately didn't have one.

I am wondering if that was exceptional because of the weather etc on that cruise because it was a different cruise to normal - we've always had them on TA/repositioning at either the beginning or end of the cruise depending on the ports we stopped at. You do not have an Azamazing evening but certainly had a White Nights

Oops, I was thinking Azamazing evening. We did indeed have a White night in Saguanay.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For sure. I think they are great fun and the food on deck (if the weather is good) is very nice.
Thank you, I didn't know about them. Is there anything else I need to know other than dress is white and it's held on deck?

Thank you, I didn't know about them. Is there anything else I need to know other than dress is white and it's held on deck?

Absolutely not compulsory to dress in white if you don't want to, but I normally wear something that is. If you can get a spot downstairs on deck 9 it saves having to carry your food too far and up the steps, but there is a nice view from the deck above where tables are also set up. It normally starts to get going with people eating food from around 6.30. The show and singing and dancing by the entertainers starts at around 8.30. There is a crew wave before that which is fun to try and spot your room steward or waiter or others that you know. It's a fun evening. If you have the weather and a nice port view it is even better.

Dress is whatever you want to wear that is suitable for dinner. Lots of people do not wear white.

DON

Absolutely not compulsory to dress in white if you don't want to, but I normally wear something that is. If you can get a spot downstairs on deck 9 it saves having to carry your food too far and up the steps, but there is a nice view from the deck above where tables are also set up.

There's an elevator. Don't have to do steps.

There's an elevator. Don't have to do steps.

Yes there is a lift, but to get to it you have to get through a door that is very heavy to open to get to it - or go a very long route round through Windows Café with your food. Pool deck is better, but we will go the deck above but we do see it as harder to go to the buffet.

Yes there is a lift, but to get to it you have to get through a door that is very heavy to open to get to it - or go a very long route round through Windows Café with your food. Pool deck is better, but we will go the deck above but we do see it as harder to go to the buffet.

I don't think I said it wasn't harder. I said there is an elevator if, for whatever reason, someone has difficulty taking stairs.

The best thing about sitting on deck 10 is no one and no thing obstructs your view of the stage. On deck 9 people rush to stand near the stage or on the benches by the pool and then often hold their smartphones high over their heads to record the folkloric show and/or the singers. Those sitting on the far side of the pool don't get to see much as a result.

I don't think I said it wasn't harder. I said there is an elevator if, for whatever reason, someone has difficulty taking stairs.

That's a different thing to what I was talking about i.e. generally. If someone has difficulty with stairs then they are better on deck 9 as it's more accessible than 10.

Reading these posts makes me eager to experience White Nights on our upcoming cruise. We have only one overnight port on that cruise and it is in Havana, where I was hoping to experience the Cuban nightlife. The next day we dock in Cozumel at 6:00 pm. Are we more likely to have White Nights in Havana or Cozumel? The other nights would all be at sea. Thanks for any insight.

Harriet