decorated shoes

For the first time ever I am probably getting sparkly multicolored shoes to wear with smart casual and formal clothes. The primary color is green. They're closed toe with a low heel support in the back. Would they look good any day on a HAL ship or only on formal nights, when I wear a sequined blue or red dress?

If you could post a photo, that would help! It really depends on the style of shoe, and the type of "sparkles"! Doesn't sound like a shoe to wear with casual things...but SEEING the shoe would really help!

I think a picture would help on this one. My mom owns some black sparkles, but they are more glittery- think ruby slippers, except black and ballet flats. I think she wore them with some of her dressier tops and black slacks.

I definitely see that as a casual shoe and would likely wear them in the daytime with jeans and such, but not on any evening onboard.

I agree with the above poster though - if you have foot problems and need comfort, do what you gotta do!

I definitely see that as a casual shoe and would likely wear them in the daytime with jeans and such, but not on any evening onboard.

I agree with the above poster though - if you have foot problems and need comfort, do what you gotta do!

I definitely have foot problems: a high arch, hammertoes, and ugly toenails. So these shoes will be perfect for me when I get them.

Nice casual comfy shoe, but for me would also look around for something else a bit more forma, but then it also depends on what formal clothes you're wearing as well. Long flowy palazzo pants or short cocktail dress.......

Sandy in Spain

I agree with the other posters. I would do what I needed to in order to be comfortable. If the shoe fits your style and has bling on it, so much the better.

This!

Girlfriends of a certain age wear sparkly, black Toms. Mom wears black neoprene slip-on Merrell sandals with black socks.

I understand the need for comfort. But those shoes look like slip on sneakers with a metallic trim. There have to be other comfortable shoes out there. Is there an SAS store, the Walking Company or other comfort shoe stores near you? I think the idea of a sandal with a black sock or knee high would look better. If you absolutely need the sneaker type shoe, at least get it in black.

This shoe would be cute with casual pants & maybe maxi skirts. I have many foot issues & now go for comfort & not style. People aren't going to look at your feet, wear what is comfortable

I definitely have foot problems: a high arch, hammertoes, and ugly toenails. So these shoes will be perfect for me when I get them.

Five years ago I had an accident that shattered my heals, fractured my back and hands. I was in the wheelchair for eight months. So yes, I understand your situation. Personally I would not wear those shoes at all. I believe the shoes can enhance or detract the outfit. Really, if you like them, wear them.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

• 2 weeks later...

Bottom line...wear what you like and feel comfortable in.

But in all honesty...I don't see wearing them with sequin dresses in the evening. There are so many comfortable shoes in such a wide variety of styles that I think you should reconsider wearing them with your fancy dresses...unless they are really long and cover up the shoe. For casual wear they are fine and even with a cute casual dress or skirts...but with sequin evening wear...not so much. Sorry JMHO and you did ask.

Edited by mousey

• 4 weeks later...

When I first read this I thought no you cannot wear green shoes with red or blue clothes as per the old rhyme. However when I saw the shoe I just thought nooooo it's just a sneaker to wear with shorts, or casual pants.

I hope you found something comfy but more suitable if wearing a formal outfit as even with foot problems there are honestly "fancier" options. If you use the search facility this has been covered a lot with great suggestions over the years.

Not trying to be mean about any of this but to me there is nothing formal or fancy about these shoes at all and IMO would spoil a lovely sequin dress.

QVC sell a brand called Vionic for people with heel problems. Here is an example but they have several dressier options.

http://www.qvc.com/Vionic-w-Orthaheel-Leather-Rhinestone---Afton.product.A264896.html?sc=A264896-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-A264896&catentryImage=http://images.qvc.com/is/image/a/96/a264896.001?$uslarge$

Edited by Dcpelletier
link

I own 5 pairs of Vionic/Orthaheel shoes. I do not have any feet issues, but find these to be my most comfortable shoes i always have a pair on my feet.