Pacific coastal cruise fall 2016?

jabrown40

I saw that Celebrity has a California coast itinerary for Sep 2015 and spring of 2016. Does anyone know if they are planning to discontinue this itinerary, or perhaps it will be added later? I know one was offered by Princess, but a little leery after reading so many negatives re Princess. We have not tried Celebrity yet, but will be in the spring to the Caribbean.

Infinity will do two 7-night Pacific Coastal cruises in Sept 2016 (Sept 18 and Sept 25). However, they are both round trip Vancouver, go south as far as San Francisco, then back to Vancouver. They are not your typical California coastal cruises that begin/end in SF or LA (like Princess operates).

Edited by BEAV

Infinity will do two 7-night Pacific Coastal cruises in Sept 2016 (Sept 18 and Sept 25). However, they are both round trip Vancouver, go south as far as San Francisco, then back to Vancouver. They are not your typical California coastal cruises that begin/end in SF or LA (like Princess operates).

The Sep 25 sailing is Vancouver to SF, ending with an SF overnight. True, though, it's not a true California coastal cruise. We booked this one, even though we have sworn off 7 day cruises as way too short, this cruise is too easy for us ending in SF :D

Michael

We have booked the Sept 18 and Sept 25 B2B. I have read that these cruises are newly-added because of the ship being chartered which resulted in itinerary changes, so there is a very good selection of cabins.

The Sep 25 sailing is Vancouver to SF, ending with an SF overnight. True, though, it's not a true California coastal cruise. We booked this one, even though we have sworn off 7 day cruises as way too short, this cruise is too easy for us ending in SF :D

Michael

Thanks for catching that. I thought they were both round trip Vancouver. Now I've got to take a look at the Sept 25 sailing since it would involve only a one-way flight to Vancouver and wind up at our home port (like you)!

Thanks for catching that. I thought they were both round trip Vancouver. Now I've got to take a look at the Sept 25 sailing since it would involve only a one-way flight to Vancouver and wind up at our home port (like you)!

Hope you join us! It's a nice cruise and easy trip!

Michael & Omar

Our September 11, 2016 Pacific Coastal cruise was cancelled due to it being chartered. Found out from people on the boards, not Celebrity.

Very disappointed as we were also doing the land portion as well to the Canadian Rockies.

We did this cruise on Princess Sept. 25, 2013 sailing from Vancouver to L. A. The first half of the cruise we had awful weather, we even had to miss a port in Oregon due to rough seas, but when we arrived in S.F. The weather got really nice so at least we ended on a good vibe. However it will take the perfect itinerary and price to get me back on a Princess ship and not because of the weather.

I saw that Celebrity has a California coast itinerary for Sep 2015 and spring of 2016. Does anyone know if they are planning to discontinue this itinerary, or perhaps it will be added later? I know one was offered by Princess, but a little leery after reading so many negatives re Princess. We have not tried Celebrity yet, but will be in the spring to the Caribbean.

Another option to consider would be RCCL. We are Cruising on the Jewel Of The Seas 18 September 2015 and on the Explorer Of The Seas 16 September 2016.

Edited by davekathy

I would ordinarily be all over either of these 2016 cruises. But... I booked something similar with Princess yesterday, for about $500 less, with a drinks package. I think their inclusion of these could be a bit of a game changer. Celebrity is still my first choice but I think their prices are starting to get a little out of control based on cruises I'm interested in.

I'm still on the fencepost! Starting to consider a land vacation instead to fully appreciate San Francisco, the wine country and a little driving along the coast. The San Francisco restaurants are supposed to be fantastic, although I did think about a couple days post cruise. Really prefer that southern route, since I've been in Seattle and Vancouver.

I did the math for the Infinity Sept. 25th 2016 cruise. For CC1 cabin per day price is $326. without any perks as it is a repo. cruise. Way too much for a CC cabin. My May 2016 Pacific Coastal that I will be on is AQ 1 $ 262. per day with all three perks and OBC is $400. These prices are per person per day. Hopes this helps. I booked May cruise while on the Summit in April.

I did the math for the Infinity Sept. 25th 2016 cruise. For CC1 cabin per day price is $326. without any perks as it is a repo. cruise. Way too much for a CC cabin. My May 2016 Pacific Coastal that I will be on is AQ 1 $ 262. per day with all three perks and OBC is $400. These prices are per person per day. Hopes this helps. I booked May cruise while on the Summit in April.

We booked before their latest GoBig... and have the drink package, free grats & $300 OBC. I just checked the X site and they are offering the GoBig now so you do get some perks.