Westerdam From a Wide-Eyed First Timer

Shellback801

Have to say, I've enjoyed your review so much :)

Good for you for being able to hang on until the last disembarkation.

For me, I find things get busy and 'sense' the need to get off. We usually get off by 9:00 at the latest and go wherever we are headed.

Don't know if I could hang on until the end. Kudos to you :)

Us too. As much as we may sometimes yearn to stay as long as possible, we don't want to outlast our welcome. And the last morning you definitely get the sense of "go already"!

...And the last morning you definitely get the sense of "go already"!

Sensed that from the room steward. As we were saying goodbye to our verandah he knocked at our door and said something like "Oh, you're still here." Realizing that he had work to do, we took our act down to some chairs by the Ocean Bar to wait for our group to be called.

Update on my camera card: I spoke with the technician this afternoon. After initial tests he said that he is "95% positive" that he can save the pics. It is going to take a week or so and set me back $385, so I am going to have to ask Pam for an advance on my allowance.

Don't tell him but I would have payed more. You only have one first cruise.

Update on my camera card: I spoke with the technician this afternoon. After initial tests he said that he is "95% positive" that he can save the pics. It is going to take a week or so and set me back $385, so I am going to have to ask Pam for an advance on my allowance.

What great news! I hope it continues and you get your pictures back. YAY!

Sensed that from the room steward. As we were saying goodbye to our verandah he knocked at our door and said something like "Oh, you're still here." Realizing that he had work to do, we took our act down to some chairs by the Ocean Bar to wait for our group to be called.

That is GREAT news! There is no price on memories ;) If I could have paid a reward and gotten my camera card back (and we did offer a reward), I would have gladly paid it. So happy for you:)

Money well spent. Hope it's not too soon to say congratulations.

Here are the missing 'animals'.....

On board WESTERDAM.... painting of WESTERDAM in Santorinio... the cross-legged cat with tail point to 12 o'clock!

On board ZUIDERDAM.... painting of ZUIDERDAM off the beach.... cat asleep under the boat next to the tree.

On board AMSTERDAM... painting of the old m.s. NIEUW AMSTERDAM... the log on the beach.... the lizard on log. And then painting of old s.s. NIEUW AMSTERDAM and old MAASDAM together at dock in Southampton.... the bollard on the dock at right... look for the rat!

The devil made me do it!!!!

On board WESTERDAM.... painting of WESTERDAM in Santorinio... the cross-legged cat with tail point to 12 o'clock!

On board ZUIDERDAM.... painting of ZUIDERDAM off the beach.... cat asleep under the boat next to the tree.

On board AMSTERDAM... painting of the old m.s. NIEUW AMSTERDAM... the log on the beach.... the lizard on log. And then painting of old s.s. NIEUW AMSTERDAM and old MAASDAM together at dock in Southampton.... the bollard on the dock at right... look for the rat!

Thank you - now it will be a "mission" to book cruises on those ships and find them. I really enjoyed the paintings on the Prinsendam.

Anything to look for on the Noordam???

5078. I did not think it a tight fit - more like cozy - until the very last night when I visited friends staying in a Signature Suite. Avoid deck 8 and you'll be just fine. :)

Now I have to start all over again and figure out what's up with Deck 8. Missed it on my first pass through! Great review!

Why avoid deck 8 - noise? Verandah size?

Verandah size. Poor attempt at humor on my part. Our room and verandah on deck five (VA) was perfectly adequate until I visited our friends' stateroom on deck eight (SY) on the last night of the cruise. I probably should have added decks 6 and 7 as well.

Seeing a Neptune or Pinnacle suite would surely ruin me.

What about the warranty on the camera? Same thing happened to us - we had one week left on the one year warranty - worth a try!

Good luck - love the review. Boarding the Westerdam two weeks from today.

I am going start that process on Monday. Initially we were more concerned about the card than a $135 camera from Costco.

Thank you and I hope you guys enjoy your cruise as much as we did. We are still reliving our trip.

• 3 weeks later...

The pics should arrive via thumb drive any day now according to the techie who accurately described several of my shots. When they do I'll post a couple of them here and allow this thread to die a slow death.

It's snowing here again. Man, I miss the Caribbean. Cheers to those of you sailing her this winter.

Edited by Shellback801

I enjoyed your reports very much. The way it should be - a day-by-day account! Looking forward to seeing some of your photos. We were on HMC recently, and really enjoyed watching the stingrays being fed. I took a lot of photos - those guys are really cute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums