Using rum runners in their checked bags

You would get them through any cruise line. Not sure if they still do.

we have used one for years in the checked luggage.

last year we were in the port of Ketchikan, Alaska. A liquor store there advertised we could take a box of wine back to the ship. I was really hesitant since this would be a carrion from shore. he gave us his business card and said to email him if it did not get through. He says he does this to everyone and never got an email saying someone couldn't.

Went right through......amazing.......

Has anyone used rum runners in their checked luggage? Going out of Ft.Lauderdale on Oasis, have any problems?

As you are relatively new to CC, you may not have realized that if you had done a search regarding rum runners you would have found that there are hundreds of previous threads regarding your question. It is certainly not a new topic, but one that always brings out the complete spectrum of responses. (Ranked up there with smoking threads and formal dress in the MDR threads).

You may not have wanted a particular opinion, but this is a public forum and asking any type of question - but in particular one such as this that is by its nature somewhat controversial - invites everyone's opinions.

Hopefully you got the information you were looking for.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Has anyone used rum runners in their checked luggage? Going out of Ft.Lauderdale on Oasis, have any problems?

The problem I'd have is signing my name to a contract agreeing to certain rules and then breaking that contract. If your word is no good, then no problem.

Okay, I'd like to have NO responses from the "holier than thou" people who only have negative comments to write, and apparently have never lied or done ANYTHING wrong in their life....what exactly does this thing do? It says that it's undetectable....so the x-ray machines don't see that there's liquid in there? As stated previously, I have never heard of this before, but am interested.

Again, only constructive answers please. No answers from those that are perfect, please.

Okay, I'd like to have NO responses from the "holier than thou" people who only have negative comments to write, and apparently have never lied or done ANYTHING wrong in their life....what exactly does this thing do? It says that it's undetectable....so the x-ray machines don't see that there's liquid in there? As stated previously, I have never heard of this before, but am interested.

Again, only constructive answers please. No answers from those that are perfect, please.

You are out of luck. When cheapskates post ridiculous questions that a simple search could have answers they are just outing themselves as being cheapskates.

You just know the kind of people that you are dealing with when they just can't stand to not reply with a nasty and rude comment. Either they are 8 years old, or just rude. Hmmm....

The whole point to these boards is to get constructive and new answers without having to search and find answers that are outdated or not relevant or recent. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

However, after perusing some of bchalker's previous posts, I wouldn't expect anything more or less than a rude comment.

Just a thought but don't you think that the people, staff and security alike. who work for the cruise ships, read these posts?:rolleyes: Boy, if I wanted to do something sneaky and run the risk of getting caught, I sure as heck would not be posting it for all to see on CC!:eek: Sorry about this comment but DUH!:o Carry on!