Photo Tour of the Navigator, Sept 2014

computerworks

Computerworks, you really did a fantastic job of putting together a photo schematic of our favorite ship!!! It's truly hard to say why one ship is the favorite over another. I think it has a lot to with the friends you get to know and of course, the wonderful crew you become attached to on a particular ship.

We have sailed on all three ships but seem to really have an attachment to the Navigator. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to give us all a super guided tour. I hope it was fun for you as well

Fantastic post and pics! We have booked Navigator Suite 930 for 2015 and it was great to see all the wonderful pictures. All our thanks!

We are scheduled on the January 17, 2015 cruise to the Caribbean. First time on Navigator. Best photos I have seen. Thanks for your hard work. Really looking forward now. The ship looks nicer than I expected.

Sheila :)

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic post and pics! We have booked Navigator Suite 930 for 2015 and it was great to see all the wonderful pictures. All our thanks!

We have two of Navigator's 9th deck suites (close to your 930 suite) on 13 November,greygypsy. I think we will be just high enough to see the keel line of the nearby lifeboats on Disney Dream and the other megas. Above those dangling boats I expect to see a wall of balconies, shimmering glass and lots of people taking pictures and pointing at that little 'White yacht down there!' Jack

Thanks so much for the pictures. Our fourth trip on the Navigator will be a 17 day on 11/6 and we can't wait! Love this ship for many reasons and are looking forward to yet another Caribbean cruise.We are both just happy to do these journeys over and over.

Again many thanks for a great job!!

Debi

• 3 weeks later...

Love your photos and tour of the Navigator, Computerworks! We were passengers on her when you visited. But we weren't in your photos because we were out enjoying NYC! :D

This was our first cruise on the Navigator and I hope that it will not be our last. I am most fond of small ships (we have done all the Seabourn "Little Sisters") and I must say that our cruise on Navigator was one of, if not the best cruise I have taken. I love her layout. And I think you have captured her well in your photos.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks very much Computerworks for your wonderful photos and narrative! My wife and I were on Voyageur a few years ago and were contemplating the Navigator but were a bit concerned about some of the (albeit few) negative remarks on the board regarding the ship needing a drydock refreshing as well as the usual comments about brown water/vibration etc. There was an itinerary next April which really appealed to us but we had some concerns due to the above.

Now that we've reviewed your photos, we're excited to book Navigator for next April. The ship looks terrific and we can't wait to board! Many thanks!

Rob

Robroy (and others) - I completely agree that Computerworks did a wonderful job with his great photos in building some new excitement and interest among many of us to sail on Navigator again.

I think Regent owes him a big "Thank You"! He did (for free) what some of Regent's high-priced (and endless) advertising has perhaps failed to do....he "showed" us the actual ship, rather than just "talking about it"! Regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the Caribbean - 10 days on the Navigator. We viewed your photographs before we left and expected a lovely cruise. It wasn't! It was fabulous!!! The suites were so comfortable, the dining was luxurious. The crew attended to your every need. The tours were fun. And, we met the nicest people. Can't rave enough!

DH, who hates cruising, said that he will only cruise on Regent from now on.

Just returned from the Caribbean - 10 days on the Navigator. We viewed your photographs before we left and expected a lovely cruise. It wasn't! It was fabulous!!! The suites were so comfortable, the dining was luxurious. The crew attended to your every need. The tours were fun. And, we met the nicest people. Can't rave enough!

DH, who hates cruising, said that he will only cruise on Regent from now on.

Thank you for posting on the Regent board. I read on our Roll Call how much you were enjoying the Navigator and, after reading a couple of recent negative posts about the Navigator, it is refreshing to read such a positive review. It is sad that negative reviews get so much attention while little attention is paid to positive ones.:)

• 2 weeks later...

We returned from our Navigator cruise on the 28th. Fabulous time! I have many comments to share:

1. We were on Deck 8, suite 850. Perfect location as the elevator/stairs were just steps away. Very little vibration. Our friends were in suite 852 so we had engineering remove the partition between our balcony.

2. Brought seasick patches. Glad we did as the first two sea days were a little tough getting our sea legs.

3. Food and service were excellent. I had read reviews about how Prime 7 quality wasn't up to par. Not sure where this came from as the quality of food and service in Prime 7 was excellent. We were also told we could dine at Prime 7 one time while on a 10-night cruise. This was incorrect. We dined there twice and loved it. Steaks were prepared perfectly. Had the bone-in rib-eye with seared sea scallops and was cooked to perfection. First night at Compass Rose I had the Lemon Sole and it was fresh and perfectly prepared. The last night I had the Mahi and it was just okay. In suite dining allows you to order anything from the Compass Rose menu for breakfast lunch or dinner. Had egg Benedict in-suite and it was delivered hot and perfectly prepared.

4. One day for lunch in Compass Rose they were serving Peach Melba for dessert. A must try!

5. Our booked "all inclusive" excursions were not managed very well. When in port please note that the same excursions that Regent books are also used by the mass market lines so beware of long lines and wait times. One of our excursions was cancelled in St. Barths due to a power outage so we rented ATVs and toured the island and had a blast. Stopped for lunch at Nikki Beach and the food was excellent (and expensive). We were bumped off the Champagne and Lobster Catamaran Sail excursion but later we found out the excursion was overbooked and there were not enough seats so people were crowded on the boat forced to stand and eat. Glad we missed it. The best excursion IMHO was the swim with the dolphins in Nassau.

6. Yes there are pool chair hogs but if you get to the pool early you can reserve whatever chairs you need. One of the pool attendees, Manu, was delightful and always knew what we wanted.

7. As many have previously stated, the coffee sucks! Having the Illy in-suite espresso machine was delightful. The coffee connection coffee was better than in other areas but still BAD. I stuck to cappuccino and espresso the entire trip.

8. The ice cream served poolside was amazing. I think I miss that the most.

9. La Veranda by day and Sette Mari by night was wonderful but you will get the vibration of your life. Hopefully Regent fixes this obvious problem when they take the Navigator in for re-work.

O-Town Travelers - really enjoyed reading your review. Wish you had started a new thread so that more people will read it. Good to hear that your experience in Prime 7 was so good. Your ATV adventure in St. Barths sounds like so much fun:-)

In terms of the Navigator vibration, it used to be considerably worse. Not sure if you noticed what some of us call the "duck tail" at the back of the ship. It was installed a few years ago in an attempt to fix the vibration. While it lessened it, it is doubtful if it can ever be fixed.

Sorry to hear about pool hogs. This should not be happening. Items are suppose to be removed by the staff after approximately 30 minutes. Sometimes they need to be reminded. Wanted to mention this so people understand that "reserving" seats is not a good idea and your belongings may be removed.

Hope you booked another cruise while onboard!