Great Catch -- Col. Wes Spots Benefit Decreases

Travelcat2

It is really a surprise that the "useless" (IMO) Concierge Program has cut some benefits in half. While it may be better to make cuts in this area rather than in quality, why not just quietly allow this ill-conceived (IMO)program to disappear?

Wondering if this cut means the fares for 2014 won't be as high??? Hmmmm, doubt it.

Maybe Regent will put some of their extra revenue derived from their cost-cutting into their tech dept./website so we can "remove" our saved cruises! :rolleyes: That feature is still not working for me, although some people have had success removing saved cruises from their account. Not a big deal, I know, but I can't figure out why it works for some and not others....

The reductions I see are:

10% premium wines (it was 25%)

5% pre-post cruise hotel/land packages (it was 10%)

5% off Regent choice excursions (it was 10%).

It seems the biggest reduction is for the wine. To me is not big deal since I'm silver so I don't book Concierge level because I get privileges with silver status.

We did have a Concierge level cabin on our Alaska cruise and took advantage of 25% discount on premium wines. Even though I feel Regent serves decent wines, my husband likes to order better wines when we dine at Prime 7 or Signatures.

Has anyone noticed price increses on any of the cruises? For at least the last 2 weeks we have received emails regarding the price increases on Oct. 1. Our cruise in May of next year is still the same price. Do you receive the old benefits if you already had your cruise booked?

Kandy

The reductions I see are:

10% premium wines (it was 25%)

5% pre-post cruise hotel/land packages (it was 10%)

5% off Regent choice excursions (it was 10%).

The 60 minutes of free Internet access has been reduced to 30 minutes as well. :eek:

If you go to the Regent Web site and check the cruises you will notice the price increase. Hope it ok to put this here Wendy?? Don't want to be the cause of anotherr new thread:)

Not sure why it wouldn't be okay with me. My point was that it's hard to see the increases unless you've been tracking prices for particular cruises.

I agree TC2. I can work with less than what the Concierge program offers. It was the only category available for our June 2013 cruise and wanting to stay as low as possible I still feel ripped off!

According to my TA who referenced a memo from Regent, the reduction in Concierge benefits will only take effect for cruises booked on or after October 1, 2012. I'll check it out on my cruise next month and will report back.

Archived