Ruby / Emerald Differences?

emmysmom

For those of you that have cruised on the Ruby and Emerald ~ what, if any, are the differences between the two?

We have cruised on the Ruby before and loved her!/quote]

Ruby-Riviera deck 4 aft facing cabins are balconies.

Emerald-Riviera deck 4 aft facing cabins are OV.

I have read so many posts about both ships and they seem to be favorites of many. As far as I can tell from reading the only down side to either of them is the fact that there is no Alfredo's. Sigh...

Oh, and Share instead of Sabatini's. That is a down side for many. I'm looking forward to sailing on Emerald for the first time in October. Never been on Ruby either but someday...

For those of you that have cruised on the Ruby and Emerald ~ what, if any, are the differences between the two?

We have cruised on the Ruby before and loved her!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fake wood trim in the elevator lobbies is darker on ruby.

Emerald has share. Ruby does not.

Ruby got club class early on, I don't know the schedule for Emerald.

You can access the backstage area by going all the way forward on deck 5 on Ruby.

On Emerald, you can not.

Fake wood trim in the elevator lobbies is darker on ruby.

Emerald has share. Ruby does not.

Ruby got club class early on, I don't know the schedule for Emerald.

You can access the backstage area by going all the way forward on deck 5 on Ruby.

On Emerald, you can not.

Not quite true. Both ships have SHARE. I, for one, am looking forward to dining at SHARE on the Ruby in November and on the Emerald next April.

Neither have Sabbatini's.

In the Lotus Spa area, the lockerroom placement is reversed; the starboard is for ladies on Ruby and men on Emerald. I speak from awkward experience.

The swim-against-the-current setup in the Lotus Spa Pool has been removed from Ruby; it is still in place on Emerald.

Temporarily, one will find stocks of Australian supplies on Emerald, including Bundaberg sugar in the coffee condiment caddies and Bundaberg rum in a few of the bars and in the Duty-Free.

Emerald consistently uses Botticelli for MDR breakfast, and sea day/departure day lunch; Ruby usually uses DaVinci.

do Princess ships like Emerald have the carpet in cabin areas that tell you which way you are walking. On NCL they had little fishes swimming towards the front of the ship; that way you knew which way to go if you got turned around on the decks. Thanks

do Princess ships like Emerald have the carpet in cabin areas that tell you which way you are walking. On NCL they had little fishes swimming towards the front of the ship; that way you knew which way to go if you got turned around on the decks. Thanks

Ummm... If the cabin numbers are getting larger you are heading aft. If the cabin numbers are getting smaller you are headed forward. It's pretty easy to see the numbers on two doors and make the determination which way is which.

Also if the cabin numbers are even you are on the port side of the ship. If the cabin numbers are odd you are on the starboard side of the ship.

Ummm... If the cabin numbers are getting larger you are heading aft. If the cabin numbers are getting smaller you are headed forward. It's pretty easy to see the numbers on two doors and make the determination which way is which.

Also if the cabin numbers are even you are on the port side of the ship. If the cabin numbers are odd you are on the starboard side of the ship.

Why thank you; this will help me a lot. cheers

Unless it's been changed in the past couple years, the border ("waves") of the hallway carpeting is red on the port side and blue on starboard -- or vice versa, I can never remember until we're on the ship!

Why thank you; this will help me a lot. cheers

Happy to be of service. It's amazing the little things we all miss that are obvious when pointed out. It happens to most of us fairly frequently. :)

Unless it's been changed in the past couple years, the border ("waves") of the hallway carpeting is red on the port side and blue on starboard -- or vice versa, I can never remember until we're on the ship!

Some of the ships got new carpet. I don't remember which ones but I do remember people commenting (and grumping) that the new carpet no longer had this feature. That is why I didn't mention it.

In the Lotus Spa area, the lockerroom placement is reversed; the starboard is for ladies on Ruby and men on Emerald. I speak from awkward experience.

:eek: ;p:eek:;p:eek:

On both the Emerald and the Ruby, unless you are in the the Panorama elevators or in the two mid ship sideways elevators, all the elevator doors open toward the bow of the ship. Port is to the left and starboard to the right. For the two Panorama elevators and the midship sideways elevators, just look for the two forward facing elevators for your orientation.

On both the Emerald and the Ruby, unless you are in the the Panorama elevators or in the two mid ship sideways elevators, all the elevator doors open toward the bow of the ship. Port is to the left and starboard to the right. For the two Panorama elevators and the midship sideways elevators, just look for the two forward facing elevators for your orientation.

Thanks, this will help me get my bearings. Usually by day 5 or six I have it figured out.