Carnival Horizon

Travel325

We are thinking about booking a 4 day to Bermuda from NY in July on Carnivals new ship Horizon. But it's only 4 days. Do you think it's going to be filled with people looking to drink and party? We want to take the kids and that's not the atmosphere we are looking for.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Edited by Travel325
Add a month

We are thinking about booking a 4 day to Bermuda from NY in July on Carnivals new ship Horizon. But it's only 4 days. Do you think it's going to be filled with people looking to drink and party? We want to take the kids and that's not the atmosphere we are looking for.

Short cruises and school breaks usually attract party cruisers.

Young crowd and short cruise typically leads to a party type of atmosphere.

LOL' date=' I guess it depends on what "young" means. If it means there will be lots of kids (meaning children), I might debate "party cruise". While I get the shorter cruise aspect of it, time will tell, but I don't necessarily feel that it will be a party boat, actually feel it will be just the opposite (for several reasons, it is more costly, the destination does not work to that end, and more). We will see how it works out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL, I guess it depends on what "young" means. If it means there will be lots of kids (meaning children), I might debate "party cruise". While I get the shorter cruise aspect of it, time will tell, but I don't necessarily feel that it will be a party boat, actually feel it will be just the opposite (for several reasons, it is more costly, the destination does not work to that end, and more). We will see how it works out.

Wish they would do these as 8 day cruise. Bermuda a great place to go but if we go back not worth it for just 1 day.

Looking more likely that when we go back will be with a different cruise line

I am going crazy trying to find the best cruise for our family and we are very restricted on time. What is your reason for picking a different cruise line. I want to find something that all the kids will love and they range in age from 6 to 21

I don't think it will be a party cruise. Bermuda doesn't exactly attract party people. And for the prices of these 4 day trips, folks can fly down to Florida, jump on a cheap cruise, and still spend less. We are booked on one, and it's not because we want to party. We actually plan to relax.

For what it's worth, I've done plenty of 4 day cruises and never found them rowdy or more party oriented. My 7-day last year on the Magic was non-stop partying - IF that's what you wanted to do.

I don't think it will be a party cruise. Bermuda doesn't exactly attract party people. And for the prices of these 4 day trips, folks can fly down to Florida, jump on a cheap cruise, and still spend less. We are booked on one, and it's not because we want to party. We actually plan to relax.

For what it's worth, I've done plenty of 4 day cruises and never found them rowdy or more party oriented. My 7-day last year on the Magic was non-stop partying - IF that's what you wanted to do.

I would agree

We're booked on one of these for June and I don't think it's going to be a booze cruise at all, not at current pricing anyway. We're paying $1600/room for an inside for 2 people, I think the booze cruise folks aren't going to do that, they'll want cheaper.

If your looking for something longer that is family oriented, try Royal Caribbean. Anthem of the Seas is very family friendly and will probably be doing 7 night Bahamian out of NJ. They are only booking through April right now but it looks like they'll continue those cruises through July. Can you do the 8 night on Horizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums