American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

Posting this in case you don't know about it.

www.americanexpress.com/wlcl

If you don't see the offer when you log in to your account, go to the link above.

-----------

Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $500+ while booking cruise line sailings with Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn or Cunard by 4/14/2017. See http://www.wlcl.com/amex . Terms and exclusions apply.

Terms

Enrollment is limited. Offer valid only for reservations booked between 10/14/16 and 4/14/17 with (1) Carnival at http://www.carnival.com or via phone 1-800-764-7419; (2) Holland America at http://www.hollandamerica.com or via phone 1-877-932-4259; (3) Princess Cruises at http://www.princess.com or via phone 1-800-774-6237; (4) Seabourn at http://www.seabourn.com or via phone 1-866-755-5619; or (5) Cunard at http://www.cunard.com or via phone 1-800-728-6273; or (6) through your Travel Professional between 10/14/16 and 4/14/17. Excludes the following brands: Costa, P&O Cruises, P&O Australia, Aida and Fathom. Excludes onboard purchases, transfers and transportation to the ship, gift and services, full ship charters, Base Camp at Denali Park (Holland America), McKinley Chalet Resort (Holland America), Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Special events in Culinary Arts, Digital Workshops, Special Entertainment Venues, Cancellation Protection plan (Holland America), formalwear rentals and charitable donations. Excludes the following if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, Prepaid food/beverage programs, prepaid gratuities, prepaid wi-fi packages, spa packages, photo & video packages, onboard celebrations, luggage valet services, Travel Insurance, Vacation Protection, motorcoach program, charters, meetings and incentive bookings. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. An "eligible Card" means a valid American Express® US Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/14/17, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction may not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CDEF:0001

Edited by izmeeh

You have to "Add" the wlcl offer to your card.

Thanks for the additional information.

Some people claimed to have added the offer to multiple American Express cards and split the payment on a cruise. You can do that if your American Express cards are not linked.

I didn't call the numbers listed in the offer. I just added it to my card, called the number listed on the Carnival website, paid my deposit and immediately got an email from Amex that I had used my offer. Statement credit followed.

Does anyone know if it has to be one $500 charge or can it be more than one charge that adds up to $500?

In my case, it was two separate charges that added up to $500, but not because I submitted it that way. One of the charges was for Carnival's insurance and the remainder in a separate charge when to the cruise balance. I was concerned that two separate charges may not qualify for the credit but they did. Probably because I made a single $500 payment and Carnival split it up between insurance and cruise balance.

Edited by joepeka

In my case, it was two separate charges that added up to $500, but not because I submitted it that way. One of the charges was for Carnival's insurance and the remainder in a separate charge when to the cruise balance. I was concerned that two separate charges may not qualify for the credit but they did. Probably because I made a single $500 payment and Carnival split it up between insurance and cruise balance.

So for sure it works on a cruise that has been booked previous to the date on the offer that says 10/14/16?

So for sure it works on a cruise that has been booked previous to the date on the offer that says 10/14/16?

You bet. We booked the cruise in question back in July, 2016 and submitted the charge and got the credit not long after it became available (last October).

Any time FBW. ;)

Actually I'm kind of surprised you did not know about this as there was another thread here on this board (as well as Princess and HAL) about the offer back in October.

I didn't see it in my offers as I only have the Amex Delta Platinum SkyMiles card now and usually they aren't included. But thanks to the link I was able to get it added to my offers [emoji3]

Edited by firemanbobswife

I took advantage of it, love the big payment on my cruise and the smaller due on my AE. The offer has to be specifically on your AE card. Not everyone is offered the same offer. I got the offer, my DH didn't. I have 143 offers designated to my card, my DH has 98.

On payments, we added the offer last Nov. Called Amex Rewards to advise them of our Oct. 18 payment, covered by their Oct. 14 start date. Initially told that it will be credited within 90 days as stated on the Offer Terms. But received the credit on our account in 48 hours.

I took advantage of it, love the big payment on my cruise and the smaller due on my AE. The offer has to be specifically on your AE card. Not everyone is offered the same offer. I got the offer, my DH didn't. I have 143 offers designated to my card, my DH has 98.

It wasn't on mine, but I clicked the link in this thread and it got added to it.