Carnival's BEST cruise??

chill6x6

So…. If someone were to ask you to recommend CCL's BEST cruise(8 days or less) what would your response be? When I say "best" I mean as in best combination of ship, itinerary, crew, amenities, port of embarkation, and ports of call.

What do you think Carnival's BEST cruise is?

OK, I will bite!

I would nominate the 7 day out of Puerto Rico. It leaves from OSJ, goes to St. Thomas, Barbados, St Kitts, St Lucia and St. Maarten.

We did it on the Valor.

Puerto Rico is wonderful, the ship doesn't leave port until 10:00 pm. You can take your time getting on, grab a quick lunch and then get out and explore the city on foot. There are many things to do and see. Then you can stroll leisurely back to the pier, stopping for a nice dinner before getting ready to depart.

The islands visited are all unique and beautiful. The ports are diverse, some are more industrial, some very typical of cruise terminal ports.

Three of the stops were new to us. On them we swam with turtles and sea lions, saw fantastic scenic views and emmersed ourselves in the local cultures and heritage. We walked around, ate local when we could and just flat out enjoyed ourselves.

The crew was great, the cruisers were very diverse. There was music everywhere, from both Carnival and passengers.

Also, it is really two cruises in one. You leave Puerto Rico, go to St. Thomas and then down to Barbados. Then some leave and others get on and back up through the other islands you go.

I would do it again this Sunday if I could!

I am going to have to agree with the previous posters about the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. We did the Valor last January and are doing it again because we like it so much. Each island is unique and although the Valor is a bit old it is clean and neat and the crew are great.

Now that the Liberty (our favorite Carnival ship) will be based in San Juan, it's a no brainer. Best ship from the best port of embarkation visiting the true Caribbean (not the tourist trap crap found at places like Cozumel and Nassau, ugh).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's not a regular itinerary, but Carnival Glory has an 11 day cruise out of San Juan on Feb2, 2016. Ports are St Croix, St Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Curacao and Aruba with 3 sea days, ending in Miami.

I'm actually combining this with a 10 day cruise from Miami to the eastern Caribbean ports, so it becomes a 21 day B2B.

I've sailed the old Destiny and Celebrity Summit out of San Juan and they were both great cruises, but I have a feeling this one will top those.

So…. If someone were to ask you to recommend CCL's BEST cruise(8 days or less) what would your response be? When I say "best" I mean as in best combination of ship, itinerary, crew, amenities, port of embarkation, and ports of call.

What do you think Carnival's BEST cruise is?

The next one I'm on.

I also agree with southern Caribbean -Carnival Valor. Beautiful and diverse islands! If only they would add Dominica and Grenada it would be perfect!!

The October 18, 2015 voyage on the Liberty (taking the Valor's place) will swap out St. Kitts and the sea day for a stop in Dominica.

I first did this cruise on the Festivale 20 years ago and then it was called the "Exotic Southern Caribbean" Cruise and we stopped at Dominica and Martinique as well as Barbados and St. Martin. No stops at St. Lucia or St. Kitts back then. I have done different versions of this cruise over the years on Princess and NCL as well stopping at different islands over the years but to me its still the best. I have done eastern and western caribbean but sourthern is the only cruise I will take now. Have never done Alaska or Hawaii. Would not do Alaska cause I do not like to be cold but I would like to do Hawaii someday.

Edited by rferr

I also agree with southern Caribbean -Carnival Valor. Beautiful and diverse islands! If only they would add Dominica and Grenada it would be perfect!!

Sailed on the Victory a few years ago when Dominica was still on the itinerary. An absolutley beautiful island and so glad we had the opportunity to visit. The excusion to Ti Tou gorge will always be fondly remembered. Seven islands-seven days says it all.

Very close second is the Breeze 8 day sail to Aruba and Curacao. Just an awesome triup.

If only they would add Dominica and Grenada it would be perfect!!
Grenada is just too far South again when home-porting out of P.Rico.

You have to consider transit time and Carnival's fuel expense

while trying to keep costs low for you and me.

Dominica could happen again (maybe) since they used to stop there anyway

but Grenada is very doubtful. Too far.

And... not enough days in a week!

Now if Carnival home-ported a ship out of Barbados

they could do St.Vincent, Grenada, Tobago, Isla Margarita, the Dutch ABC islands

and call it a Spanish Main cruise

but Barbados is not a U.S. territory like P.Rico is

and I reckon that has a lot to do with home-porting.

Edited by Aplmac

Grenada is just too far South again when home-porting out of P.Rico.

I've done Grenada out of San Juan. In fact, I did it on Carnival aboard the Tropicale when she used to be home ported in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did a southern itinerary out of SJ on Fascination years ago. Went to Aruba, Grenada, Martinique, etc. Great, but now I like sea days better.

Did an 8 day from FLL that went to Costa Rica and Panama on Liberty. Hands down best to date....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I haven't been on all of the Carnival ships. But my favorite Carnival cruise was aboard the Carnival Breeze on a 8 night exotic eastern Caribbean cruise including ports such as, Miami, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and lastly Nassau. Hope this helps! Enjoy your next Carnival Cruise!

My favorite cruise was our 'Three Saints and a Miracle' trip aboard the Miracle. Something about that ship... And St Maarten, St. Kitts, and St. Lucia were fabulous. The Miracle is something special.

Close runner up was our Freedom cruise to San Juan, Tortola, St Kitts, and Antigua.

8 day cruises rock. Leave on Saturday, come back Sunday. Mm mm mmm.