Pride Update

FirstAlto

Just a quick update on what's happening on the Pride.

We were just notified that we are skipping our stop in Freeport tomorrow because of Hurricane Joachin. sp??? Lol

We will be getting 50% off our cruise fare for this cruise and 50% off a future cruise.

I was really surprised as a hurricane is obviously no ones fault - especially when you cruise the end of September

Kudos to Carnival :):)

Because you're missing one port? Or is their something else going on? Like too wavy or rainy to enjoy the cruise? I understand there is a hurricane but am surprised they are giving that compensation just for a kissed port.

Sorry - in a hurry so didn't go into detail - Grand Turk was 5 hours of torrential rains and wind , we skipped Half Moon Cay :( then Freeport was just cancelled.

Agree that CCL stepped it up with compensation when it wasn't even their fault. So are you on a 7 day CTN???

Which is interesting since someone on another thread was just wondering how that would work since they had to stop doing CTNs. Wonder how it will be handled since they were not able to stop at a foreign port?

Which is interesting since someone on another thread was just wondering how that would work since they had to stop doing CTNs. Wonder how it will be handled since they were not able to stop at a foreign port?

Exceptions are made when weather or emergencies preclude port calls. No fines.

Which is interesting since someone on another thread was just wondering how that would work since they had to stop doing CTNs. Wonder how it will be handled since they were not able to stop at a foreign port?[/quote

I thought that became effective in 2016,.

I thought they made a brief stop at Gran Turk

Missed that they were at Grand Turk for a short while.

I didn't think they would be fined because it would have been out of their control. Just wondered how it would be handled. I had just read a thread yesterday questioning what would happen if they never docked at a foreign port.

Thanks to those who pointed out they did dock at Grand Turk.

Sorry - in a hurry so didn't go into detail - Grand Turk was 5 hours of torrential rains and wind , we skipped Half Moon Cay :( then Freeport was just cancelled.

I thought they made a brief stop at Gran Turk

It sounds like they were there 5 hours which is not really a brief stop.

Well done, Carnival.

Roy

They did stop at a foreign port Grand Turk for a few hours.

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry about your cruise but I'm glad Carnival compensated so well! Just another reason I love them. We are supposed to leave Sunday when you get back. So far, we've received two emails saying things are still a go. Hoping for the best! Stay safe! ANY day onboard is better than a day on land!