Discount Pricing on Shore Excursions,

carefreecruise

Was checking out Seabourn’s new website tweaks and see in the excursion tab; they show red slashes through offered pricing and list new discounted excursion pricing. Short of canceling all my existing excursion and rebooking. Decided to call and found out; we are to print our existing receipt and bring it to the ships excursion desk. Supposedly they are to credit our credit card if we bring the detailed, paid credit card receipt. Just wonder if other have already been through these hoops with pricing changes in prepaid excursion?

Edited by carefreecruise

Was checking out Seabourn’s new website tweaks and see in the excursion tab; they show red slashes through offered pricing and list new discounted excursion pricing. Short of canceling all my existing excursion and rebooking. Decided to call and found out; we are to print our existing receipt and bring it to the ships excursion desk. Supposedly they are to credit our credit card if we bring the detailed, paid credit card receipt. Just wonder if other have already been through these hoops with pricing changes in prepaid excursion?

It's a bit cumbersome but it works out ok.

Can the prices go back up?

Found out today its just problems with the new features they added to MySeabourn module in their website. Should be all straightened out in a few weeks.

They also added a phone number to make Diner Reservation in my-seabourn. That should not be there till the new ship comes on line with the added specialty restaurant.

Has it been established that the new specialty restaurant on the new ships will require advance reservations? I sure hope not as that is one of the things that sets Seabourn apart from the other lines. Luxury means not having to decide months in advance where you're going to eat on any given night.

I an worried about this telephone number for restaurant reservations, will it encourage more block booking from some guests who then decide on the evening if they are going to use or not.

We have found with the Two restaurant on some cruises it has been easy to get a reservation on the day and on others it was always booked although when you walked past at 8.30 there was plenty of spare tables.

I too do not like the idea of booking restaurant reservations before getting on board - it is done on Regent and IMO does not work very fairly. Excursions, probably yes, but definitely not dinner reservations.

I think when there is plenty of room in restaurant 2 it is sometimes not so much that people have not turned up, but that they stagger bookings to make for excellent service, and by 8.30 quite a few will have been and gone?

I certainly hope that Seabourn knows what it's doing with reservations for specialty restaurants if what we fear is true: that one can call months before a cruise and book lots of places to the detriment of any and all who have not done so. Especially for seasoned veterans of Seabourn this would create an unwelcome and unsavory precedent which others (above) dislike on other lines. No, not in keeping with the one class Seabourn brand where everyone is treated in all restaurants - and everywhere else (apart from R2 now *) - fairly and equally.

Seabourn must make its policy on booking the specialty restaurants clear asap given the pending end of the current Restaurant 2 venues. I get the first come, first served idea for reservations, but those desiring to repeat their visits should be waitlisted until others also have their chance to partake. (* This principle would be a change from what happens at R2 now which is a free-for-all for the shrewd and the sharp.)

Happy sailing!

Even if SB does what Regent and Silversea do, which is to restrict reservations online to one per restaurant, it's a slippery path. I love not having to think about where I'm going to eat months in advance. And what about fleet consistency? Does this mean the same policy will be adapted on the older ships?

Has it been established that the new specialty restaurant on the new ships will require advance reservations? I sure hope not as that is one of the things that sets Seabourn apart from the other lines. Luxury means not having to decide months in advance where you're going to eat on any given night.

Agree entirely.

I really enjoy perusing the menus of each dining venue in the Herald and then making a decision (and sometimes changing my mind - THAT is luxury!)

Agree entirely.

I really enjoy perusing the menus of each dining venue in the Herald and then making a decision (and sometimes changing my mind - THAT is luxury!)

Exactly what we are going at the moment on the Quest, deciding where to dine ... and have chosen The Restaurant, the menu is excellent.

Agree entirely.

Agreed. We like to take the decision on the day and based on the menus.

I believe that they cross out the price and below it in red show what your price is after applying your discount based on your specific Seabourn Club Membership level. (10% for Silver and Gold; 15% for Platinum and Diamond)

Cwisleman, good show. that is exactly what is happening. If you change your selection in club membership from wine to excursions, the website now knows to alter your displayed pricing in excursions. Nice job, will have to get used to the new website.

Agreed. We like to take the decision on the day and based on the menus.

Totally with you: often we do not decide where to dine until either finished w/ drinks at whatever bar we went to, or what our companions, who we may have only met 20 minutes prior, would like to do. A big appeal of Seabourn is not having to decide until time to go enjoy dinner.

One time there was a couple who, somehow but I don't have any idea how, managed to dine in R2 (on an O class) every night and get food served from the Main Dining Room. I KNOW this happened as I overheard them speaking to the R2 manager who told them "not a problem, I will save this table for you" and saw them in there - even if we were not dining in R2 just had to see if it really was possible - multiple nights in a row. And they did get jacketed potatoes and steak served when I was dining in R2 - which were not on the tasting menu that night. Only once out of the 20+ days did I see them in the MDR

Totally with you: often we do not decide where to dine until either finished w/ drinks at whatever bar we went to, or what our companions, who we may have only met 20 minutes prior, would like to do. A big appeal of Seabourn is not having to decide until time to go enjoy dinner.

One time there was a couple who, somehow but I don't have any idea how, managed to dine in R2 (on an O class) every night and get food served from the Main Dining Room. I KNOW this happened as I overheard them speaking to the R2 manager who told them "not a problem, I will save this table for you" and saw them in there - even if we were not dining in R2 just had to see if it really was possible - multiple nights in a row. And they did get jacketed potatoes and steak served when I was dining in R2 - which were not on the tasting menu that night. Only once out of the 20+ days did I see them in the MDR

On at least our last 3 sailings we have not managed to secure one reservation at R2. This is a hard pill to swallow when you talk to fellow passengers and they inform you that they have eaten there three times as was the case on our last cruise in February. Sure, as Markham points out above you have to be quick off the mark, but surely some kind of "spread the love" needs to be adopted and not kept for the chosen ones. I think our last attempt on that cruise was to try and book with about 3 days notice and still no availability.

I am totally against any kind of booking system when you need to decide where you want to eat months out. We can barely decide what to put on the plate that evening at home without thinking as we do when we book cruises sometimes 18 months in advance (although if they did adopt this then I guess some time frame of within 3 or 4 month before sailing would be adopted)

I do understand SB problem here as they are dealing with a larger restaurant that obviously they want filled, but they need to consider their options carefully and adopt a "luxury" approach.

One thought I have had here is that SB website is obviously been put together from HAL format…….and it is still being developed, so could this just be a point that has been carried over from their policies and will be removed before it comes online properly?……..was just a (hoping) thought anyway

jimmyw9

Bet you they were in a Wintergarden or Owner's suite.

I am concerned that once Thomas Keller has his restaurants onboard they will be overwhelmed with reservation requests. Could they be anticipating that and trying to deal with it by instituting advance reservations?

Bet you they were in a Wintergarden or Owner's suite.

I am concerned that once Thomas Keller has his restaurants onboard they will be overwhelmed with reservation requests. Could they be anticipating that and trying to deal with it by instituting advance reservations?

Regarding my post above we were in one of the Owners Suites on two out of the three occasions and then in a PH the last.........so I do not think that matters.

We were told by Seabourn that a newly created theme restaurant will be too popular for the first year and having reservations will allow all the passengers to give it a try.... And those in the Signature suites will get to dine there every night (just kidding on this last sentence)

We were told by Seabourn that a newly created theme restaurant will be too popular for the first year and having reservations will allow all the passengers to give it a try.... And those in the Signature suites will get to dine there every night (just kidding on this last sentence)

While those in lesser suites may pay a small $100pp cover to dine after they've used their single reservation. And for only $5000pp you have access to the crew helicopter to take you to tours in tender ports without having to wait for the tender.;)