blue lagoon

margincall

O'Sheehan's on the Epic was our favourite spot, anytime. We had lunch there every sea day and snacks most evenings. Of course, there were days we were on excursions which sometimes included lunch, and we wished we were at O'Sheehans :eek:

Won't miss Blue Lagoon at all, never had anything there worth missing. Wings were great but O'Sheehan's has them so, no worries.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Count me in among the disappointed if there's no more brownie sundae, but my waistline will be much better off. Here's a question: reading this thread, I just told DH about Blue Lagoon being replaced by O'Sheehans, and he, not a CC member, thought I was just saying "Oceans" funny, having only heard it, not seeing the name. I said, No - it's the CEO's last name -- but he insists it's an intentional pun. Any truth to that? It never occurred to me before!

Count me in among the disappointed if there's no more brownie sundae, but my waistline will be much better off. Here's a question: reading this thread, I just told DH about Blue Lagoon being replaced by O'Sheehans, and he, not a CC member, thought I was just saying "Oceans" funny, having only heard it, not seeing the name. I said, No - it's the CEO's last name -- but he insists it's an intentional pun. Any truth to that? It never occurred to me before!

Not sure that the Brownie Sundae is no longer available, but think there may be a fee... as far as the name goes... Kevin Sheehan... O'Sheehan's... hmmmm

Last October on the BA I remember having a brownie sundae in osheehans and was not charged.....I hope they don't change that, its the only free dessert I really like :(

Not sure that the Brownie Sundae is no longer available, but think there may be a fee... as far as the name goes... Kevin Sheehan... O'Sheehan's... hmmmm

There's no "hmmmm" to it. NCL freely acknowledges that it's named for Kevin Sheehan.

I happen to like the wings when we were on the Epic (garlicky flavor I thought). The only thing w/ Blue Lagoon was most of the time my wings or fries were room temp at best. I solved the problem by asking for fresh hot ones. I don't personally like room temp food. So red hot or garlicky, wings are one of my favorites. Now******** if they have put a charge on the brownie sundae............there may be a problem. Ate at least one every day, cheese cake also, and my son would always go order two before returning to the cabin at night after teens club. I think NCL (if this is true about a charge) should now come up with an unlimited desert package like they do with the soda and alcohol. LOL !!!!!!!! Wow !!!!!!!!!! I guess I will see when we are on the Dawn in November for 2 weeks!!!

Yes, part of the change to a new name is to allow NCL to get an extra nickel or dime from you.

they could have added a few extra items without changing the name: one has nothing to do with the other. From what we are being told, by those who know, most everything is still included in the cruise fare...What is your point?

they could have added a few extra items without changing the name: one has nothing to do with the other. From what we are being told, by those who know, most everything is still included in the cruise fare...What is your point?

Part of coaxing nickels and dimes from passengers is to do it gently. If it is in your face people tend to get upset. No company wants that. My point is in your own statement "most everything is still included". Slowly but surely, more and more things are NOT included, thus the nickel and diming.

P.S. Your source 'in the know', uh huh, you bet. I will stick with what I know.

P.S. Your source 'in the know', uh huh, you bet. I will stick with what I know.

The post you quote doesn't mention those "in the know". I'm pretty sure that it refers to us who have posted on this thread and have been in o'Sheehans very recently and are reporting that almost everything is at no extra cost.

Good thing I can still have my fish and chips:)

I can't eat their fish and chips as the fish tastes different to what I'm used to. I Can't eat the wings as I'm not used to the taste of vinegar with chicken, but the brownie sundaes and the cheesecake were yummy! I actually might lose weight on my upcoming cruise for a change.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The post you quote doesn't mention those "in the know". I'm pretty sure that it refers to us who have posted on this thread and have been in o'Sheehans very recently and are reporting that almost everything is at no extra cost.

Thanks Keith, some people just like to think they are a little more important than they are.