Inside stateroom or free upgrade to a 2D obstructed view

And in addition to that, I also think about what if a norovirus hits the ship and you succumb. That would be bad enough, but to be trapped in an inside stateroom for the quarantine time (is it three days?) - sounds like hell on earth to me! And if you are a cabin mate, even if you are not sick you are trapped in there as well. Ugh!! For that reason alone I will never again book an inside room, although I have sailed in a couple in the past and the rooms themselves are perfectly fine.

And in addition to that, I also think about what if a norovirus hits the ship and you succumb. That would be bad enough, but to be trapped in an inside stateroom for the quarantine time (is it three days?) - sounds like hell on earth to me! And if you are a cabin mate, even if you are not sick you are trapped in there as well. Ugh!! For that reason alone I will never again book an inside room, although I have sailed in a couple in the past and the rooms themselves are perfectly fine.

Good point about illness! I am not clostrophobic ( I do not think so) , but truly think I would get cabin fever!

I wouldn't even hesitate - go for the upgrade. Plus, you will be central. I avoid forward cabins if I can because of the motion.

No problemo, I grab that obstructed view state room in a heartbeat.

Can't beat the natural sun light. Also, anytime I was in a inside stateroom, I had that 'I am living in a cave kind of feeling'.

But the OP has clearly stated that they were offered a cabin on Deck 6.:confused:

First of all, when the ship is moving, the smoke will dissipate very quickly. Secondly, I have never seen a lot of people smoking on 5, more seem to be by the pool or Sunset Bar.

To the OP, you made a great choice, you will not regret it!!

You are sooo smart Cathycruiser :D

I would definitely take the upgrade but while I was on the phone to them I would politely let them know that if they dared to charge me an "upgrade fee" just to alter my booking that they wouldn't be my T A for much longer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Booked through uk TA, offer was 1199 for inside when we booked now it's 1199 for balcony, I phoned, I asked they said no probs.

I have managed to get cabins changed via Celebrity UK, but never through a TA.

I have also had a refund of £495 from Celebrity UK, a few days before final payment, when I changed from 2B to 1A.

I noticed that the prices had reduced and there were 2A's available. I rang and was told those were for new bookings only. I told the agent that there were no 2A's available when I booked. She said 'I can do better and came up with 1A mid ships, with a huge balcony and we also had the refund.

I agree with the concern about the smoking area on Deck 5. On the Silhouette, I believe the smoking was limited to the Port side. (if my memory is incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct me). If smoke is a concern, hopefully you are on the non-smoking side.

We were in an inside stateroom on deck 7 in a good location, an upgrade is available to a 2D obstructed view balcony on deck 6, These are obstructed by the big life boats, has anybody had any experience of these stateroom and can you share your experience or photos.

Is a balcony always better than an inside

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it is the Eclipse, it is a Solstice Class ship. The obstruction means that if you look down, you will see the top of a lifeboat. We were on the Eclipse last November in one of those cabins, and we liked it very much. For me, it is a no brainer. However, I would not go on an inside cabin because I can not stand the darkness, and I know I would feel confined. But others do not mind!

• 4 weeks later...

I would take the upgrade. We saw a 2D on a cabin on a cabin crawl on the Eclipse and the balcony was very obstructed. The top of the lifeboat was almost even with the top of the balcony railing. Since it is the same price as an inside you really have nothing to lose.