just booked guarantee and was assigned immediatly

melsmom303

thats never happened to me before but i just booked a suite guarantee on the dawn and was immediatly assigned a room .well i should say a booked it as a hold. im not happy because it must be the only suite left and its a handicapped room i dont want a handicapped room so im probably gonna cancel the hold. i just feel they should have just left that cabin showing to book if its what was left. i know it wasa guarantee but i thought this very odd. i tried to do a mock booking and it says that catagory is sold out. :(:(:(:(:(

Sounds like no harm, no foul. Just let your hold expire. Now you know there are no suites available to your liking.

Would you have been more disappointed if you had been assigned this HC cabin under a guarantee booking at a point when you couldn't cancel without penalty?

thats never happened to me before but i just booked a suite guarantee on the dawn and was immediatly assigned a room .well i should say a booked it as a hold. im not happy because it must be the only suite left and its a handicapped room i dont want a handicapped room so im probably gonna cancel the hold. i just feel they should have just left that cabin showing to book if its what was left. i know it wasa guarantee but i thought this very odd. i tried to do a mock booking and it says that catagory is sold out. :(:(:(:(:(

Just call them and tell them you dont want the handicap suite and to put you back on the GTY list..

Jancruz1

ty i will try that. i booked an sj family suite it was booked as a suite guarantee and when i went to my vacation summary there it was cabin 12032 a handicapped suite. i understood i was booking a guarantee and really would accept whatever i got i have booked guarantees before but this is my first suite i booked it for our 25th wedding anniversary and really wanted the tub too. :(:(:(

I would certainly be asking my PCC or TA for an explanation of what happened here. This sounds very odd considering that NCL does NOT sell Studio (Cat T) or Suite (Cat H or S) cabins as a guarantee.

I just returned from a 12 day cruise on the Breakaway. Just before we left, Studios were being sold as GTY. I know because I was in one and checking prices.

As Sea Shark said, NCL doesn't do suite guarantees. So though it may have come up as a guarantee, I'm not at all surprised that there was a specific cabin number attached to the hold.

I had a similar thing happen a few days ago. I chose my cabin (suite). On the left hand side of the next page it was listed as a suite guarantee. Weird. Since I wasn't planning to pay the deposit until later that day anyway, I finished filling in our information and clicked through. The confirmation page showed the cabin number that I had picked.

Edited by Pikaia

Studios were being sold as GTY. I know because I was in one and checking prices.

Did you go through a whole mock booking and get to a deposit/payment page? If not, what you saw may have been a "phantom" guarantee.

When a suite guarantee shows up on the website, if you try to click on it and proceed with the transaction, you should get an error saying the category is no longer available. Or you might get what happened the OP: an immediately assigned cabin.

If it is close to time for your sailing or a very popular sailing the handicapped or accessible family suite may be the only family suite remaining. This is the least expensive suite category on the Star. We've stayed in family suite with balcony (SG) and family suite without balcony (SJ) and enjoyed both. Suite perks on Norwegian are very nice.

I would not deliberately book a disabled stateroom because I think they should be kept open for someone who needs it. However since this was not the case I might go ahead and keep the assigned stateroom knowing that if later a disabled person did need it I could be moved to another suite. I'd also keep checking availability and if another family suite opened up request to be moved.

A google search brought up this series of photos for Star stateroom 12532.

https://plus.google.com/photos/+DavidHolmanHolmanTravel/albums/5580776307550516545/5580776687978750114?banner=pwa&pid=5580776687978750114&oi

When suites get to the last one available in a category they usually come up as a guarantee. NCL does not sell guarantee suites (discounted price). It does not matter why it is the last one, courtesy holds will take them out of inventory for a while. If you try to book they will tell you to call. If you happen to be online when one comes back available it will then go back to being online available.

When the only cabins in a given category available are handicaps, they will let you book without issue.

If you really want that cabin, go ahead and take it.

I would certainly be asking my PCC or TA for an explanation of what happened here. This sounds very odd considering that NCL does NOT sell Studio (Cat T) or Suite (Cat H or S) cabins as a guarantee.

Do me a favor and input a mock booking for the 2/22/15 sailing on Norwegian Epic for a Studio and tell me what you come up with.

A "Studio Guarantee" only?? Perhaps?? Is that what you get as well as the rest of the world??

Yes, there are guarantees on Studios as well as Suites. I've seen both when checking for future bookings.

Thanks for your participation in this experiment.

Do me a favor and input a mock booking for the 2/22/15 sailing on Norwegian Epic for a Studio and tell me what you come up with.

A "Studio Guarantee" only?? Perhaps?? Is that what you get as well as the rest of the world??

Yes, there are guarantees on Studios as well as Suites. I've seen both when checking for future bookings.

Thanks for your participation in this experiment.

Let's conduct a more accurate experiment, shall we? How about somebody post a copy of an NCL invoice/confirmation that indicates a GTY for a Studio or Suite-level stateroom.

Anyone?

CABIN 12532 on the NCL STAR is port side just across from the library - there

is mirror image sister to this cabin 12032 on the starboard side.

The doors to these suites are 36 inches across as opposed to the standard of

30 inches. As pictured the bathroom does not have a tub and separate shower.

If this was the very last only suite left I would take it without a qualm.

Better to be in a suite than not and these are lowest priced suites on the ship.

Normally when shopping for suites on the DAWN class ships which the STAR

is these HC cabins will come and go with sales of all the rest of the suites until

taken as a last resort and not necessarily will the occupants be HC.

The cabins 12032 & 12532 have location location location written all over.

Just around the corner to the pool deck activities and then onward to the

buffet without a change of deck level.

I booked suite 12030 which is adjacent to the starboard HC suite 12032 on my

recent DAWN voyage out of New Orleans and after the trip when everyone

was getting off the ship had an opportunity to take at look see at how that cabin was arranged.

No Balcony (floor to ceiling windows) and ample room for 4 passengers

As noted by some posters not wanting to take a prime HC from someone needing

it if it is the last suite to be sold don't be offended by taking it.

If NCL needs that cabin for someone who is HC they will no doubt work out

some kind of arrangement with you.

Let's conduct a more accurate experiment, shall we? How about somebody post a copy of an NCL invoice/confirmation that indicates a GTY for a Studio or Suite-level stateroom.

Anyone?

I'm not certain it could get more accurate.;)

I was going to post one from an acquaintance who's also on a sailing next week, but since it's already been done now (above), I don't need to spend any time doing a copy/redacting of info.

They sometimes put a guarantee on studios if there are just a few left, or they are sold out, as sometimes people already booked will upgrade to a balcony if the price gets close enough for them to pay the extra. However I've known people who have booked a studio guarantee to be upgraded to an inside. So if you really want a studio it is best not to go guarantee. I now some passengers on my sailing last year that were very disappointed they didn't get a studio cabin even though they had booked guarantee.

They sometimes put a guarantee on studios if there are just a few left, or they are sold out, as sometimes people already booked will upgrade to a balcony if the price gets close enough for them to pay the extra. However I've known people who have booked a studio guarantee to be upgraded to an inside. So if you really want a studio it is best not to go guarantee. I now some passengers on my sailing last year that were very disappointed they didn't get a studio cabin even though they had booked guarantee.

So what were they offered (guaranteed) when NCL could not come up with the

studio ? It had to be something better - 50 % more cabin space ? OV ? Balcony

with/out obstruction ?

yes probably . i just feel like for the price i paid i wanted the bathtub and this one doesnt plus i feel they should have saved it for someone who really needs it. :(

If it is the only suite left, if they have an abundance of HC cabins left and very few of any other, or for any other reason they coudl have assigend that to you. A GUA is a GUA. If you want a specific cabin or if you DON'T want a specific cabin do not book a GUA.

[/b][/color]

So what were they offered (guaranteed) when NCL could not come up with the

studio ? It had to be something better - 50 % more cabin space ? OV ? Balcony

with/out obstruction ?

As long as they give you a cabin at the level you booked or higher they are fulfilling their obligation.