Looking for hotel close to port in Miami

Golden Nugget Cruiser

Any suggestion for hotel stay night before cruise leaving out of Miami. Thanks

Check in with CCs Embarkation Ports / North America Home Ports Forum here = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=412

Or better yet, Cruise Critic's sister website TripAdvisor... Never plan any vacation (even a cruise) without checking out TA for info on the land based Destinations

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Here are some:

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn

Holiday Inn Bayside

Marriott

Hyatt

Epic

They are all relatively close to the port. 5 to 10 minute taxi ride.

I gave you a range of prices.

Have a few friends who just stayed at Intercontinental last week. They were not pleased with the rooms in terms of that they were looking warn.

Their lobby is beautiful.

Newer one is Marriott Marquis and close by to Intercontinental.

There are still other hotels but thought this was a good list to look at.

Keith

I would add the Doubletree to Keith's list.

There are also cheaper properties closer to MIA that are fine if you are flying in late and just want dinner and a bed.

A cruise date, budget and any other factors (honeymoon? travelling with kids? Etc.) would help to narrow down the suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just booked two rooms at the Hampton Inn. It was the Airport South-Blue Lagoon. It has good reviews on Trip Advisor. We will have a car rented through Alamo and will return it to the airport rental counter and catch their shuttle to the port. The Doubletree seems to get recommended a lot on here too :)

Any suggestion for hotel stay night before cruise leaving out of Miami. Thanks

Miami is a LARGE city with lots of hotels and neighborhoods/areas - and that is not counting the separate city of Miami Beach. For the suggestions from this board to be meaningful and accurate you need to give us a little more to work on:

Cruse date?

Budget?

Travelling with kids or as a group?

What time of day do you arrive?

Flying into MIA? FLL?

Driving? Need parking?

Desires (i.e. Beach? nearby dining? last minute shopping? view of the port/ships?)? :confused:

The cruise date and budget are the most important factors - the same room that is $300+/night :eek: in Feb can be under $100 :cool: in August.

Come back and give us some more specifics. :)

My favorite hotel downtown is The Viceroy just because of the spectacular pool deck.

Amazing.

Is there anything near the Viceroy to walk to? The reason I'm asking is my flight was just changed and we are now landing at 10:00!! UGH! We were going to just stay at a hotel near the airport, but now that we have the entire day to spend in Miami, I want to stay somewhere other than near the airport. We are booked two days post cruise at the Epic so I really don't want to stay downtown....and I do want to try somewhere new! We aren't sailing until September so we have lots of time to decide....:o.

Is there anything near the Viceroy to walk to? The reason I'm asking is my flight was just changed and we are now landing at 10:00!! UGH! We were going to just stay at a hotel near the airport, but now that we have the entire day to spend in Miami, I want to stay somewhere other than near the airport. We are booked two days post cruise at the Epic so I really don't want to stay downtown....and I do want to try somewhere new! We aren't sailing until September so we have lots of time to decide....:o.

The Epic is actually across the Miami River from the Viceroy. Great hotel with a nice pool deck. I think theirs is on the 16th floor.

You can walk to DB Moderne, Trulucks, and Mary Brickell Village from there.

The Epic is actually across the Miami River from the Viceroy. Great hotel with a nice pool deck. I think theirs is on the 16th floor.

You can walk to DB Moderne, Trulucks, and Mary Brickell Village from there.

I've seen the pictures of the pools! Good to know that Mary Brickell is within walking distance! We can dump our luggage and hang out there until we can get into our room! Time to book it and spoil myself even more!! :D

Thanks, BlueHerons!!!! Between you and Keith1010, I can't go wrong!!!