HAL Docks at Havensight in St. Thomas

lvz2cruz

HAL will be docking at the main docks in St. Thomas known as West Indian or the Havensight mall docks.

I haven't seen anything on here and have been to STT so many times I don't go to their ports board, so thought it would be helpful to share here.

I think many will prefer this to Crown Bay.

wow - what a nice change.

For those who want to see who is in port and at which dock, here is the website: **********/cruise/ship-schedule/

The stars are vinow dot com (no clue why CC did this...) which you can also access thru http://www.whatsinport.com/US-Virgin-Islands.html

Edited by take us away

We docked there on the Koningsdam last week. I asked a port person and they want to only use that dock if at all possible to consolidate resources. Tour companies complained about having two different destinations when one could hold all ships for a day.

HAL will be docking at the main docks in St. Thomas known as West Indian or the Havensight mall docks.

I haven't seen anything on here and have been to STT so many times I don't go to their ports board, so thought it would be helpful to share here.

I think many will prefer this to Crown Bay.

Where did you get your information?

HAL signed a contract a number of years ago to dock at Crown Bay.

Will this be for all ships or just the Koningsdam?

Crown Bay is a satisfactory dock, but Havensight is the one I prefer. There is shopping available at Crown Bay. But, the last time I was at Havensight, there was MUCH more shopping available there. it is a long and relatively uninteresting taxi/shuttle ride from Crown Bay to downtown; fairly short from Havensight. If one is a "walker". it is possible to walk to downtown from Havensight. Doing so from Crown Bay would take much time and not be as safe, I think.

Where did you get your information?

HAL signed a contract a number of years ago to dock at Crown Bay.

Will this be for all ships or just the Koningsdam?

Royal Caribbean has a contract to dock at Crown starting January 1. I read about it on the Celebrity boards a while ago. If you look at vinow, you will see starting in January Celebrity docks at Crown and HAL docks at WICO/Havensight.

Royal Caribbean has a contract to dock at Crown starting January 1. I read about it on the Celebrity boards a while ago. If you look at vinow, you will see starting in January Celebrity docks at Crown and HAL docks at WICO/Havensight.

From a personal point of view, I hope you are correct! That is good news to me.

Allure and Oasis have dockedc at Crown Bay for years.

i like the poximity to YaCHt hAVEN Marina and shops. (next to Havensight Wewatched for years while they built it and were happy with the product as we saw it shortly after c ompletion.

Edited by sail7seas

We stayed a week at the Marriott Frenchman's Cove last month. It is AMAZING to watch cruise ships arriving and leaving Havensight. The channel is only a couple hundred yards offshore from Frenchman's Reef hotel. The channel to Crown Bay uses a separate channel.

Our regular cab driver did tell us that HAL was moving back to Havensight with start of this season. They know everything.

Dennis

I was in St Thomas last week on a RCL cruise, and there were two HAL ships in port. One was docked at Havensight, the other at Crown Bay. Neither was the Koningsdam. I think the Crown Bay ship was the Eurodam, and the Havensight ship was the Oosterdam, but I could be wrong there.

We are sailing on the Koningsdam in March, and I hope we get Havensight.

To see which ship docks where on each date, check out the St Thomas port website:

**********/cruise/ship-schedule/

The stars are vinow dot com (no clue why CC did this...)

Thanks! That shows the Koningsdam at haven sight, like I was hoping! :D

I was in St Thomas last week on a RCL cruise, and there were two HAL ships in port. One was docked at Havensight, the other at Crown Bay. Neither was the Koningsdam. I think the Crown Bay ship was the Eurodam, and the Havensight ship was the Oosterdam, but I could be wrong there.

We are sailing on the Koningsdam in March, and I hope we get Havensight.

What about Princesss? didn't they sign the Crown Bay contract about the same time as HAL?