Mountain Top vs. Paradise Point

Canadian Tyler

You can walk to Paradise Point from WICO but not to Mountain Top. Mountain Top stops are included in most island tours, so you can take an island tour from one of the local taxi drivers for not much more than it costs to ride the tram up to Paradise Point. Views are completely different, however. Both are beautiful, but Mountain Top is higher up. You won't see the cruise ships from Mountain Top but from Paradise Point.

From Havensight (WICO) it's a 10 minute walk to the aerial tram station, the tram takes you up to Paradise Point or you can taxi up to PP. Not that far but too steep a road to walk up. PP is a great spot to relax before returning to the ship, small restaurant/bar and often live music and a great view of the harbor.

Mountain Top is a large souvenir store with a nice view of Magens bay and the north side. The original MT burned down and had more charm IMHO.

Tours will stop in at MT and it gets very crowded. We'd choose PP before returning to the ship. The BirdLady has a fun show if she's there.

• 5 months later...
They offer different views and Paradise Point has a full service restaurant. You can't walk to Mountain Top but if your ship docks at Have insight/WICO you can walk there.

Paradise Point also has bird show.

I am on the Norwegian Escape. Can I walk to Mountain Top?

Thanks.

Assuming this hasn't changes in all the years since I was there:

Have a Bushwacker at Paradise Point and a Banana Daquiri at Mountain Top which are the special drink at each place.

Also, go to both places. Easy to do.

I am on the Norwegian Escape. Can I walk to Mountain Top?

Thanks.

I did walk to Mountain Top, thence to Hull Bay, thence back to the ship with five minutes to spare. Technically it can be done, but I considered it extreme even by my standards. And I have no standards.

Uphill every inch, a big barn full of bric-a-brac (and cool drinks, thankfully), and I consider the view better from Drake's Seat anyway. This is maybe a half-hour stop on a taxi tour.

I did walk to Mountain Top, thence to Hull Bay, thence back to the ship with five minutes to spare. Technically it can be done, but I considered it extreme even by my standards. And I have no standards.

Uphill every inch, a big barn full of bric-a-brac (and cool drinks, thankfully), and I consider the view better from Drake's Seat anyway. This is maybe a half-hour stop on a taxi tour.

Definitely not an option for us mortals...

And the original Mountaintop had some charm but the new version is more a trinket or souvenir store with a nice view. But everyone should see that and Paradise Point.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any idea how much a taxi would be for 3 people is we wanted to take the taxi up to Paradise Point?

I hear you can save money so it must be cheaper than $63?

It's a little hard to remember, but I think you can take the tram one-way for 1/2 price to the top of Paradise Point. Then you can walk down. That would be about $30-35.

The vendors on St Thomas are pros and it is pretty hard to avoid their prices one way or another. They have seen it all.

Walking could be the only option....but don't miss your ship.

However you get to the top of Paradise Point, have a Bushwacker....it makes the whole day seem better! LOL (based on Bailey's Irish Creme)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

About taxis, can anyone please give an (estimate) cost of a taxi fare from Havensight to Paradise Point to Sapphire Beach then back to Havensight? Or correct me if it's better to go to Sapphire Beach first, then to Paradise Point then back to Havensight. Thanks!

About taxis, can anyone please give an (estimate) cost of a taxi fare from Havensight to Paradise Point to Sapphire Beach then back to Havensight? Or correct me if it's better to go to Sapphire Beach first, then to Paradise Point then back to Havensight. Thanks!

We always walk to PP from Havensight. Not much mre than 3or 4 city blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The taxi fare from Havensight to Paradise Point should be approximately $4 per person. From Paradise Point to Sapphire $10 per person each way.

Thank you very much!

On the other hand, Dean offered $39 PP which includes the island tour (2 hrs) + beach stop + return to the ship for our group of 15. Is that a decent price?