I Love My PCC

Cqis

I don't know if this has ever been a post; but I love my PCC. I am assuming that you can't print name, so I won't; but would love to.

I have used the same PCC since my first HAL cruise.I probably have had every problem that you can possibly have. Before sailing she has been able to help me , satisfactorily , with all of them. What happens the first time she can't? Nothing since she has been 100% these many years.

I *might* love my PCC - if he would return my emails. I had such a lack of interest on his part that I decided to book my cruise myself through an agency. I saved $600 from the price quoted online.

Edited by Sundagger

So what is the actual advantage of using a PCC?

When I booked my last cruise, I did everything myself online through the website. When I had anything come up, I just called customer service and they adjusted anything for me (basically, I moved around the ship a few times).

During that time, I did get some e-mails from someone saying they're my personal cruise consultant, blah blah, but I never e-mailed them or called cause I never asked for one. Now I've returned from my cruise and I still get e-mails and regular mail from this PCC about booking my next cruise. Should I use her or does it not really matter?

So what is the actual advantage of using a PCC?

One advantage is the same as when you use a TA: that is, you have someone to do things for you. No DIY! :D

It's like having staff; you tell them what you want done, and it happens. Leaves you time to do other things you want to do.

One advantage is the same as when you use a TA: that is, you have someone to do things for you. No DIY! :D

It's like having staff; you tell them what you want done, and it happens. Leaves you time to do other things you want to do.

Ruth, I love your concise, focused observations and insights!! You have helped me see through the fog many times. :D

And I hope you had a fabulous Alaskan cruise trip!

OP: My current booking is our first with a PCC, so far so good. Some nice OBC to start with, maybe a late adjustment if the price drops later on (something my TA never could get arranged) and he always answers my emails promptly,

Blessings, m--

I like having a name and phone number of a person I can call. I am not waiting to be transferred to an unknown. I may be one in a million of her clients, but a booking # and a name, and I am her only client, at least for a time.

We have had the same on Line TA for the past eight years.

We call her directly. She prices, reprices,changes our cabin on request. She gives us a heads up on cruises/ships that we may be interested in. Last Dec she put us together with a Princess 'move over' offer. Essentially full refund to give up our cabin on the sailing plus any free cruise of the same length, a cabin upgrade, and a refund of some are cancellation fees.

And we always get very good OBC's. Dealing with an on line agency does not necessarily mean that you have no personal contact or that you cannot establish a relationship with a TA. It simply means, similar to a cruise line 'consultant' that you are not dealing with a local bricks and mortar agency.

Edited by iancal

We have had the same on Line TA for the past eight years.

We call her directly. She prices, reprices,changes our cabin on request. She gives us a heads up on cruises/ships that we may be interested in. Last Dec she put us together with a Princess 'move over' offer. Essentially full refund to give up our cabin on the sailing plus any free cruise of the same length, a cabin upgrade, and a refund of some are cancellation fees.

And we always get very good OBC's.

Does she charge for any repricing or changes? Our biggest gripe with the online TAs we have used is that they charge us every time we ask for a repricing. And they act like they're doing us a favor. :mad:

Some cruises we have asked for as many as 4 price drops. Our PCC congratulates us on the catch, and does not charge a penny.

No, the agency does not charge for re pricing. Nor for cabin changes. And there are no agency cancellation fees. Our cruise fare is processed on our credit card by the cruise line, not the agency. Most reputable on line agencies will do this...plus provide great OBC's.

We would not deal with an agency that did not do business in this fashion.

But, we have to monitor price/category changes. She does not do that for us. We call her and she makes the necessary changes to our bookings.

Edited by iancal

No, the agency does not charge for re pricing. Nor for cabin changes. And there are no agency cancellation fees. Our cruise fare is processed on our credit card by the cruise line, not the agency. Most reputable on line agencies will do this...plus provide great OBC's.

We would not deal with an agency that did not do business in this fashion.

But, we have to monitor price/category changes. She does not do that for us. We call her and she makes the necessary changes to our bookings.

Interesting, thanks. The well advertised ones we've checked out do charge. Nice to know some don't.

I am curious - how did you go about finding a good PCC or TA? Do you choose based on friends' recommendations, or by chance and luck in calling the cruise line directly, or is there some search engine that people find helpful (I know names can't be used, just the method)?

Thanks much

I am curious - how did you go about finding a good PCC or TA? Do you choose based on friends' recommendations, or by chance and luck in calling the cruise line directly, or is there some search engine that people find helpful (I know names can't be used, just the method)?

Thanks much

The first PCC we had was terrible. The one we have now is the best friend of my best friend's daughter :D She just so happens to be perfect and wonderful. I know the service we get isn't just because of the connection, as I've heard from others who think she's great too.

So I guess ours was luck, not the usual route. :)

Thanks much

We got assigned a great PCC by HAL. She left, and the next one was a complete dud. We endured him briefly, then he left and we got a rock star PCC assigned. Love him. Would adopt him :D

As for TAs, a few friends have had really bad TAs, lazy, uninformed.... so I have avoided those ones, and the agencies they represent. Other friends have TAs they love, and if I'm in the market for a TA, will check out their recommendations.

It was luck. For years I had a great TA who did my business and personal travel.

She retired.

I tired one of those cruise reverse bidding sites or tender sites that we heard about on cc. Called one of the lowest bidders and was fortunate enough to be assigned to our current TA. We just kept on dealing with her because she is so responsive. We do test her prices from time to time but so far we have stuck with her.

I also like the agency. On more than one occasion we have had a time sensitive issue-usually re price or air a cabin change. I hit zero and someone is there to help. Last time, as I later found out, it was the agency VP who was pinch hitting to assist.

Edited by iancal

>SNIP<

I tired one of those cruise reverse bidding sites or tender sites that we heard about on cc. Called one of the lowest bidders and was fortunate enough to be assigned to our current TA. We just kept on dealing with her because she is so responsive. We do test her prices from time to time but so far we have stuck with her.

I also like the agency. On more than one occasion we have had a time sensitive issue-usually re price or air a cabin change. I hit zero and someone is there to help. Last time, as I later found out, it was the agency VP who was pinch hitting to assist.

That's interesting info. Good to hear of your good experience. I tried one of those bidding sites, several times for several cruises, and got truly ScArY replies. No replies from anyone I would trust with my credit card number :D Might try again, though!

Thanks for that input. So if you are assigned a PCC that is a 'dud' - is she/he who you get or can you request a change of PCC?

And if you have preciously booked using a TA, the next trip does HAL expect/require you to use that TA again - or can you change?

You can change any time you want, for both instances. You aren't tied to anyone or anything if you don't want to be!

I don't know if this has ever been a post; but I love my PCC. I am assuming that you can't print name, so I won't; but would love to.

I have used the same PCC since my first HAL cruise.I probably have had every problem that you can possibly have. Before sailing she has been able to help me , satisfactorily , with all of them. What happens the first time she can't? Nothing since she has been 100% these many years.

You are SO lucky!!! I loved the first one we had. He was fabulous! He remembered us from one call to another and was really there to do the best for us. I will never forget how he handled the cruise we had to cancel with HAL insurance when we were in a traffic accident. He handled everything. Our current one, unfortunately, has been rude to us and obviously only out for a booking. I imagine that's what she has been told to do...not the rude part but book or don't talk to them. Our first one would tell us if he could match a deal we saw....and we did book with him and once he told us to go ahead with an agency as he could not meet their deal. The PCCs should be out to promote HAL not just be a commission position which they may be. I will never book with our current PCC.. She burned that bridge with her attitude. I keep hoping for an email introducing a new one. I have PCC envy!