Constellation Sky Suite

Momma Rene

We just upgraded ourselves from Aqua to a Sky Suite. Just wondering what we can expect in terms of the mini bar in the room, laundry, extra amenities.

I thought I had read somewhere that because we booked Sky Suite, we would be "honorary" elite passenger amenities. I don't see anything on the Celebrity site, however, I know that cruise critic members are often "in the know"!!!:):):)

We just upgraded ourselves from Aqua to a Sky Suite. Just wondering what we can expect in terms of the mini bar in the room, laundry, extra amenities.

I thought I had read somewhere that because we booked Sky Suite, we would be "honorary" elite passenger amenities. I don't see anything on the Celebrity site, however, I know that cruise critic members are often "in the know"!!!:):):)

Which suite did you book? But, I am curious to read the answers people give you to your original question.

I think that you might be mixing up the benefits one gets in a Royal or Penthouse Suite.

They do get the Elite coupons even if they are not elite.

But the mini bar has nothing to do with being elite. People in Royal and Penthouse Suites get complimentary mixers, water and soda.

You do not get the mini-bar included in a Sky Suite. The Royal Suite and Penthouse only have a fully stocked mini-bar with beer, wine and soda and 2 bottles of liquor provided all included in the price of those suites.

Anything you use from the mini-bar will be charged to your account.

The Celebrity website clearly states what you get staying in a Sky Suite.

Some of the amenities are a butler, Luminae as your dining venue, Michaels Club, afternoon snacks and full dining service in-suite.

You don't get "elite" status, free laundry, free internet and such.

In reality, a Sky Suite is a very nice room and on most cruise lines would be on the scale with a mini-suite, which on most others, don't get anything special at all.

We almost always book sky suites. There are three main benefits: the size of the room - which for us is good, because we do actually spend time in the room besides sleeping and showering.

Luminae is your designated main dining room. Oh my gosh! Best thing, IMHO, that Celebrity has done in a long time. Love Luminae!

Michael's Club. You will have special mini concerts and teas, invitations for bridge tours, engine room control room tours, private galley tours, etc. If you want one, just ask. And the free drinks. Whatever you'd like on the entire ship, let them know and the bartender will get it or make it for you. If it's not in his regular bar set-up he'll make sure it is next time you walk in.

You can also go in Michael's and pick up waters and soft drinks, whatever you'd like, whenever you'd like. Great if you don't have a beverage package.

We are pretty independent and don't use the butler very much, but on all our port days we have breakfast room service and he brings that. We have him bring different afternoon snacks - shrimp, cheese and crackers and fruit, vegetable tray with hummus on a rotating basis every day. We prefer not to have the sweets at 3 pm. Butlers can also set up a small party in your suite. Not too many can fit in a sky suite but you *can* have 6 or 8. We never have him make reservations for us because we can make a phone call as easily as he can.

Have fun and enjoy your suite. You will have a hard time going back. Ask me how I know.

Thanks for the replies. I had overpaid for the Aqua class but given the event-- 50th Anniversary, retirement, etc., we thought we would do it.

We are close to sailing -- about two months out -- they gave us a handicapped unit. I am working thru an agent and am hopeful that if they need the unit, they will move us to a different cabin. Don't want to take a handicapped unit away from someone who really needs it.

You do not get the mini-bar included in a Sky Suite. The Royal Suite and Penthouse only have a fully stocked mini-bar with beer, wine and soda and 2 bottles of liquor provided all included in the price of those suites.

Anything you use from the mini-bar will be charged to your account.

The Celebrity website clearly states what you get staying in a Sky Suite.

Some of the amenities are a butler, Luminae as your dining venue, Michaels Club, afternoon snacks and full dining service in-suite.

You don't get "elite" status, free laundry, free internet and such.

In reality, a Sky Suite is a very nice room and on most cruise lines would be on the scale with a mini-suite, which on most others, don't get anything special at all.

Actually, the Celebrity website does not state that Royal Suites get the mini-bar included. It does mention the two bottles of booze, plus the Premium Beverage Package -- that's where the mini-bar comes in, because everything in it costs less than $13. We were in a Celebrity Suite which does not mention the Royal Suite perks, but because of the BEST package we were never charged for anything out of our minibar. So as long as your Sky Suite comes with the BEST package, you should be able to enjoy the minibar without charge. [but maybe check with your Butler early in the cruise?]

Beverage packages do not cover ANYTHING in the mini-bar. Also if you order drinks from room service, they also are not included in a beverage package.

You were very fortunate that your butler/room steward did not charge your account for what was taken out of the mini-bar.

That certainly is not the norm.

I believe when the latest suite perks went into effect, that is when the mini-bar was made available to RS and PH guests.

Telling people that having the premium beverage package entitles them to their mini-bar is misinformation.

Suite Class flyer link.

The information is there stating that only Reflection, Signature, Penthouse and Royal Suites receive complimentary mini-bar

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Edited by CruisersTimesThree

If you are in the Suites Class,they should offer you the BEST Peckage.:confused:

Edited by iSailor

In the past we have also been assigned an Accessible sky suite after final payment when we booked a suite gty. They do this because they are trying to fill the ship. On the "M" class ships they are in a very convenient mid ship location. Even if you are right next to the elevator don't worry you won't hear it at all. I believe the room is a bit larger and the bath is quite a bit larger. There is a roll-in shower which is quite nice but since there is no lip they can tend to leak. All we did is put an extra towel at the base of the door. The attendant will give you fresh towels multiple times a day.

The Michaels Club and Luminae are both wonderful perks which go along with the suite.

if you are booked in the US and a non-accessible S2 cabin becomes available I believe your TA can get you changed to that with no problem.

But I would be over the moon with this upgrade from AQ to S2 in this room.

If you are in the Suites Class,they should offer you the BEST Peckage.:confused:

I was told by my travel agent that we are getting the best beverage package plus internet. We were delighted to get the sky suite. This is our 50th anniversary cruise so we wanted it to be wonderful for us. Did some research on Lumanae and it looks amazing!

I am going to be calling Celebrity myself to make sure that we don't take anyones disabled cabin. I know it is bigger, but I don't want to take something that someone else needs.

Thanks for all the notes. There is confusion over what is offered and what actually occurs. I did look online at the Celebrity web site but it is always better to check with the cruise critics. They are in the know.

Hi Momma Rene

Our last couple off cruises in a CS we recived the Elite vouchers and invitations to the happy hours etc... in fact on our first ever cruise we recieved the vouchers and status so I believe it is pretty much a given. Bear in mind that none of these perks seem to be written in stone and appear to be at the wime of the MCCs.

That said if you want it ask the MCC and unless it is very unreasonable you'll get it.

One thing that is certain if you ask Miame, Shoreside Concierge, Captains Club or even your TA the answers may be different. Don't rely on a no from any one of these as the MCC on the ship in which you sail is the only certainty. Rest assured regardless you will enjoy the Suite life and struggle to book anything less in the future:D

Actually, the Celebrity website does not state that Royal Suites get the mini-bar included. It does mention the two bottles of booze, plus the Premium Beverage Package -- that's where the mini-bar comes in, because everything in it costs less than $13. We were in a Celebrity Suite which does not mention the Royal Suite perks, but because of the BEST package we were never charged for anything out of our minibar. So as long as your Sky Suite comes with the BEST package, you should be able to enjoy the minibar without charge. [but maybe check with your Butler early in the cruise?]

Mini bar and/or room service beverages are never included in any drink package. Here's the quote from the website:

Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

As to Royal Suite perks, here's the link to the Celebrity summary of perks from Connie and it clearly states the RS includes a complimentary well-stocked mini bar.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-constellation/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cs-rs

Mini bar and/or room service beverages are never included in any drink package. Here's the quote from the website:

Use your Beverage Package many places on board

Your package can be used many places on the ship—in the Main Restaurant, any specialty restaurant, the casual dining restaurants and buffet, plus all bars and lounges. Beverage packages cannot be used at the in-stateroom mini bar, through Room Service, or at the Enomatic® wine-dispensing system in Cellar Masters.

As to Royal Suite perks, here's the link to the Celebrity summary of perks from Connie and it clearly states the RS includes a complimentary well-stocked mini bar.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-constellation#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-constellation/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cs-rs

Sorry for the confusion, although Celebrity seems to be helping it spread. I was looking here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suite-class

and there is no mention of the mini-bar when you click on the Royal Suite details!

Sorry for the confusion, although Celebrity seems to be helping it spread. I was looking here:

and there is no mention of the mini-bar when you click on the Royal Suite details!

No surprise that their website contains multiple variations of information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Momma Rene

Our last couple off cruises in a CS we recived the Elite vouchers and invitations to the happy hours etc... in fact on our first ever cruise we recieved the vouchers and status so I believe it is pretty much a given. Bear in mind that none of these perks seem to be written in stone and appear to be at the wime of the MCCs.

That said if you want it ask the MCC and unless it is very unreasonable you'll get it.

One thing that is certain if you ask Miame, Shoreside Concierge, Captains Club or even your TA the answers may be different. Don't rely on a no from any one of these as the MCC on the ship in which you sail is the only certainty. Rest assured regardless you will enjoy the Suite life and struggle to book anything less in the future:D

Sorry, but what is a MCC?

This page states....

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch or gin with mixers, a choice of spirits and wine)

This is what I find when I follow the link on my cruise summary....

Special amenities for Royal Suite include:

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Specialty Dining

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Complimentary mini-bar stocked daily with water, sodas, beer

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge

Separate whirlpool bathtub

Whirlpool on private veranda

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers • (beginning January 2016, a choice of spirits or wine)

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Separate living room with dining and sitting area

Two entertainment centers with televisions

Walk-in closet

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouet

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

(https://secure.celebritycruises.com/my-celebrity/Celebrity-Constellation/stateroomview)

Real consistancy:rolleyes:

Nothing new that the Celebrity website is not up to date, but once again I will post the link to the "official" suite class program FAQ's that at one time was on their website. It is very detailed and basically tells you what is included in each class of suites.

Really a shame that their website is always such a mess!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Hi - hope everyone is well. We are booked in our first Sky Suite in Jan17. I'm looking forward to using Luminae. But on the Constellation it's still showing as Ocean Liners? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

On our last cruise we stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Infinity. Since we are CC Elite we got Elite vouchers. However, we also got a second set of vouchers that were very much like Elite vouchers but with a few differences. Perhaps there are Elite-like vouchers for CS suites and above. When we sailed last Nov on Reflection in a Sky Suite we did not get these extra suite vouchers.

Hi - hope everyone is well. We are booked in our first Sky Suite in Jan17. I'm looking forward to using Luminae. But on the Constellation it's still showing as Ocean Liners? Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.

All ships, including Constellation have Luminae. It is the dedicated suite dining room. There is no additional charge to dine there.

Ocean Liners is a specialty restaurant on Constellation. There is an extra charge to dine there, unless you are in a Royal Suite or Penthouse Suite.

Luminae is the assigned dining room for all suite guests.

It was sectioned out of an area in the main dining room.

Ocean Liners is a speciality restaurant onboard the Constellation, but I'm not sure if it's been turned into the Tuscan Grille.

They are two different restaurants.

Sadly, the BEST package is not an available perk on re-positioning cruises, even in suites. In fact, there are zero perks available on re-positioning cruises. Our upcoming TA on the Equinox will be the first time we can actually apply the shareholder benefits, which are not combineable with any other OBC.