Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel

Trinity1981

We've done it twice and loved it. Limiting the number of guests means extra attention. We had the same waiter throughout our visit and he kept those drinks coming. Lunch was amazing. We ordered appetizers and entrees, but had so much food we never got to the desserts.

there can be a bit of a drop off right at the edge of the sand/water line (an escarpment) which can be a bit steep, but the water is beautiful.

We were never hassled by vendors as they don't exist. The staff might stop by with the photo taken upon arriving, but that was it.

If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them.

This sounds like a great place and decently priced, but I can't find any recent reviews. Anybody been there recently that can provide some information about their visit?

Thank you! :)

We spent the day in Nachi Cocum last year on Carnival Liberty on a western Caribbean cruise. I did a review of our whole trip, but the section on Nachi Cocum is on Page 9 with details about our day and also pictures. The link to the review is in my signature.

I'd definitely recommend Nachi Cocum, it's all inclusive so unlimited drinks and lunch are included in the price. We felt it was definitely worth it. The food was VERY good and filling. I only had a box of Cheerios cereal on the ship that morning since I wanted to save room for lunch at Nachi and was so glad I did.

The day we were there, actually the whole week of our cruise, was affected by wind and rougher than normal water, so the pictures I have of the beach at Nachi Cocum don't really do it justice. It was mentioned elsewhere here on CC that the water is normally calm and clear and there are only a few days out of the year that it's choppy like the day we were there. We were still able to get into the water, it just wasn't clear. There is also a pool and swim-up bar. Since they only allow 100 guests per day, it never seemed crowded, although other people were there. There is a thread all about Nachi Cocum, with comments (and some pictures) from more recent visits. It's under the "Port of Call" section, under "Caribbean", then "Cozumel". Hope this helps.

Thank you! We will have a 3 year old and 8 year old with us. It does not sound like there is much "kid stuff". But not sure you need too much with the whole ocean in front of you! How was the sand? The biggest concern I had with other beaches I read about was rocky/jagged, rather than actually sandy.

I think the kids would enjoy it. Food is excellent! Bahama Mamma was my fave drink and the coconut ice cream was out of this world! Here is a pic from our palapa.ImageUploadedByForums1429383734.773306.jpg.39ddddd6d3c9892c63a269e441d6a6c4.jpg

Edited by LMB122

Thank you! We will have a 3 year old and 8 year old with us. It does not sound like there is much "kid stuff". But not sure you need too much with the whole ocean in front of you! How was the sand? The biggest concern I had with other beaches I read about was rocky/jagged, rather than actually sandy.

Nachi is very nice, but if you are going with kids I'd strongly recommend you look into Mr Sanchos. Nachi is more laid back with more crowd control. Sanchos is more upbeat with more for kids to do. Both have wonderful service.

Nachi Cocom is adults only. Mr Shancho's is kid friendly.

I love Nachi, it is a perfect relaxing day. Lots of food, drink, swimming. don't bother taking snorkeling gear, not much to see, and you can't go far out, but it is lovely. Shady, Pool, nice restrooms. Highly recommended.

Nachi isn't adults only like was mentioned, I took my 13 and 11 yr olds at the time there. The day was calm so they put out one of the big jumping floats for the kids to use (there was 4 other kids there other than mine). The thing was though, you had to also then buy "admission" to the float for the kids which was I think $15 each but also included snorkel equipment rentals.

We weren't the biggest fans of the food at Nachi, it wasn't bad, but wasn't amazing IMO. The drinks were good and they kept them coming though which was a good thing with it!

Down the beach from Nachi is Mr. Sanchos though also, I know looking down the beach I kinda wished I would have taken my kids there instead. A lot more kid friendly stuff there and the price was pretty comparable for the All-Inclusive. So I would check out Mr. Sanchos also before making a final decision.

I don't remember having any complaints about the sand there so it must have not been to rocky. I know my 11 yr old played in the sand for awhile also.

Depending on what your full cruise is and what you have planned, even with an 8 and 3 yr old the quiet day might be nice. We did the Coz, Cayman, Belize, Rotan cruise and we were so active everywhere else, the quiet of Nachi is what was needed for us.

We were there this past Tuesday for the third time and had a wonderful day. Food, drinks and service were excellent as usual.

But....... if I had small kids I would probably check out Mr. Sanchos since it seems to be more family oriented. Kids are certainly welcomed at Nachi, but it is very quiet (no music) and the majority of the crowd will be adults.

We plan to visit Nachi every time we go to Coz!

I hope you have a great cruise?

There were young kids there when we were there this January, and they were having plenty of fun even though it doesn't have the traditional amenities geared towards children. No water trampolines or anything like that, but there's water and sand. As someone who used to be a kid, I can confirm that water and sand is awesome.

Nachi's sand is soft (some have complained that it is "too soft? :confused:).

IMHO your 3 & 8 year old would prefer Playa Mia with a kiddie water park, water toys, pool and a variety of food/drink packages.

My husband & I loved Nachi Cocum. Although we saw a few kids, I don't really know if I would necessarily recommend it. It's rather low key and they didn't have any water toys out when we were there. It had more of an adult feel to it. Not wild or anything, but very quiet, relaxing & laid back.

Thank you all for your great advice and guidance to other sources of information! I love how quick everyone responded.

I just reserved our spot at Nachi! I think there is plenty enough music and stimulation on the Paradise, so a nice relaxing day at the beach with my girls sounds perfect! :):):):):)

We did nachi with our 8,10 and 17 year old girls. They loved it. Yes,it's quiet and no giant water toys. But we brought some sand toys and snorkel and fins for them and they had an awesome beach day. It was like going to the beach at home in NL except warm, lol. And we have had Joseph attending to us both times at nachi and he is so warm and hospitable. Going back next January!

We went to paradise beach. $3 per person. Chairs pool beach bar food and lots of activities. Peoe there said they liked it better than nachi cocum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two very different experiences, not sure how you could "compare" a small, all-inclusive beach club with limited admission to a pay-as-you-go beach club that is among the largest on the island and offers water toys, etc. ? :confused:

Been there a few times and we love it. This will be the first time bringing the kids.... ages 3 years old and 8 months old. Good for their age. When they get a little older, we will look at other options but Nachi is great. Can't beat it if you want to relax and be at a AI -- for the price.

Do both Nachi & Mr Sanchos have umbrellas at the loungers? I'm really fair & need shade even with sunscreen.

Yes - you'll find Nachi less crowded and easier to find shade, but you can get as much or as little sun as you want at both.

I think we are going there. We were going to book an excursion to the ruins, but I think this sounds much better. What time should we leave there to head back to the ship? I believe our ship leaves at 3pm. Do we just take a taxi?

First time cruisers. :)