What underarm deodorant/anti-perspirant do you recommend?

DonnaK

I find that in the summer in general, but most especially in the Caribbean, my usual products lose their effectiveness. I've tried switching between a few brands, but nothing really works satisfactorily.

Has anyone stumbled upon a deodorant/anti-perspiration that is very effective in tropical heat?

Degree Clinical Protection is the strongest one I've ever found. I usually use the Degree Dry Protection, but when I know it's going to be super hot and humid or I will be in a highly stressful situation, I go for the Clinical.

Another vote for Mitchum's Power Gel. I use the unscented because I hate spelling like my deodorant.

I live in Florida and even after an one hour bike ride in high temperatures and humidity, the Mitchum Power Gel doesn't let me down.

I use Degree for men. Yup, men's deodorant. I would have to respectfully disagree with one of the above posters - you can be clean, but still smell if you sweat! I do, and I shower every day.

I am not an expert, but I believe the clinical strength deodorants have aluminum, which has been shown to have health effects. I have tried them, and they are very effective on sweat, but not as good with odor.

Hi Angel!

Where do you purchase Kiss My Face Sport?

I got the last one at Whole Foods but I know I have seen some Kiss My Face products at Kroger, too. KMF products are more expensive but I find that they never make me itch so that justifies the higher cost. I am on a big "eliminate as many unneeded ingredients as possible" kick.

This will help you find a retailer in your area:

http://www.kissmyface.com/store

You have to take a cruise from Baltimore one day so that we can meet!

I use Crystal or Naturally Fresh deodorant. It comes in a spray, roll on, or a solid crystal that you wet and rub underarms. It is a deodorant only (wont stop wetness), but is amazingly effective with odor. Most mainstream antiperspirants break me out or at least cause awful itching, and I'm sensitive to the scents in them too. I noticed some wetness when I first started using the crystal stuff, but I think it was a rebound from stopping the antiperspirants because now, I don't have much of a problem. Hubby sweats a lot and has problems with odor even though he works in an office and showers twice a day. I had him start using the crystal at night and his preferred antiperspirant in the morning...problem solved! Bonus: I'm not using all the aluminum chlorohydrate and other chemicals too!

I got the last one at Whole Foods but I know I have seen some Kiss My Face products at Kroger, too. KMF products are more expensive but I find that they never make me itch so that justifies the higher cost. I am on a big "eliminate as many unneeded ingredients as possible" kick.

This will help you find a retailer in your area:

http://www.kissmyface.com/store

You have to take a cruise from Baltimore one day so that we can meet!

I agree! Or, you take one from NY/NJ!

Used to use Secret clinical protection and though it worked well, I thought over time its effectiveness decreased. I happened to read an article that said you should switch deodorant brands and types every six months so I switched to regular Degree and it worked really well and was 1/3 the price of the Secret. Just bought Degree active and that's good too.

Same story as bbduck. Crystal deodorant stops the smell. Hubby's t shirts and work shirts used to smell awful until he started using it. it does not stop perspiration but does stop smell. Even after working in the yard or running him and his clothes do not smell.

Guest maddycat
My new go -to is Dove antiperspirant . It's not sticky or yucky feeling. It has a very fresh scent that's not at all overwhelming. Works for me.;)

I've been using Dove for years and a I'm very happy with how effective it is.

• 1 month later...

I stumbled across CRYSTAL..and am still using it...notneven rolled it up...did find a 1"x1 1/2 one..for travel..$1.00..keep it in a small plastic jar. CVS has their own brand.......less than $6.00...no odor, not greasy, non powder, no stain..no small on body.......OP spoke of it earlier...can't be beat.. I have turned many gal pals on to it!..just apply to damp pits after shower..DONE !

"

• 4 weeks later...

Certain-Dri. This is some powerful stuff. It stings slightly when applied and is recommended to apply at night. Really can go 2 days between applications. I am a heavy sweater and it seems like everything else pales in comparison. I am in the prosthetic industry and we recommend this for our patients to minimize moisture under their prostheses.

I like Arm and Hammer also, and Arrid XX is an acceptable standby. All unscented.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Certain-Dri. This is some powerful stuff. It stings slightly when applied and is recommended to apply at night. Really can go 2 days between applications. I am a heavy sweater and it seems like everything else pales in comparison. I am in the prosthetic industry and we recommend this for our patients to minimize moisture under their prostheses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Certain-Dri is incredible! You seriously Will. Not. Sweat. It seriously has changed my life (got made fun of for pit stains once in 7th grade gym, scarred me for life!). I find that if I have just shaved it can sting a bit, so I usually skip it on those days. I probably use it every-other day, and it works great. You put it on at night before you go to bed. They have a solid and a roll on, and I've found that the solid doesn't sting the way the roll on does, too, so that's an option!

• 2 weeks later...