Great deals

Bennybluehat

We are planning to do the transatlantic at the end of next year but have noticed some of the interior & atrium view cabins are already sold out. We were hoping to hold out for a good deal but are now wondering if we need to book sooner rather than later. Do Cunard put good offers on at various times or are the prices likely to remain the same as they are now? Thanks in advance.

I've been tracking transatlantic fares over time, for the last few years. There are periodic sales every few months. But one of the the biggest drops is about 90 days out (I assume that's the payment deadline, so Cunard knows, at that point, how many cabins they need to fill.) If you can steel yourself to waiting that long, there's usually another drop about 30 to 60 days out. So, if it's cost versus comfort of having booked or selection of cabin, it pays to wait.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Forums mobile app

If you're prepared to play the waiting game you might be lucky, but equally it could go the other way. We have usually booked around the six months out mark but people who want a definite stateroom will probably tell you that you should book sooner rather than later.

We booked our upcoming cruise (not a transatlantic crossing) for next January in February and have watched the price soar to a point where it is now £1500 more per person! The price may drop down after the 90 days pre-cruise point but it could just as easily not.

Basically the choice is up to you as to whether to wait to see if there are any offers.

If you wait until after Final , Cunard generally has FLASH rates (category guarantee's, no promo, no OBC. etc.) on Transatlantic's especially non summer crossings . You TA will have details at that time only.

Since you will be happy with Inside , those are usually what is available.

Thanks for all the advice. I think in our circumstances we might be better booking quite soon. I don't think I want to risk waiting until a couple of months before the sail date because they might sell out completely or the only rooms that are left may be in a poor location. I wasn't sure if Cunard do any promotions or deals at various times like other companies do.

Thanks for all the advice. I think in our circumstances we might be better booking quite soon. I don't think I want to risk waiting until a couple of months before the sail date because they might sell out completely or the only rooms that are left may be in a poor location. I wasn't sure if Cunard do any promotions or deals at various times like other companies do.

The constant "best deal" is the OBC for Carnival Shareholders, plus dividends.

I've seen two types of posts regarding late deals. One type is where someone booked a year in advance but complains that there is now a late deal for new bookings only. The other type of post is where somebody waited for a late deal that never happened (or they waited for an even better deal) and the ship sold out.

Pricing is all about supply and demand. The time of the year and whether the TA is tied to a longer sailing will greatly affect fares.

You're already told us that you don't want to settle for a bad stateroom location so waiting until very late will mean that you get the locations nobody wanted. Late promotions in the US (or Saver fares in the UK) are category guarantee and some recent posters here didn't get an assignment until just a few days before sailing. Nor would you be able to choose your dinner sitting - you note your preference but don't know what it will be until on board.

When you see an agreeable price book it and lock in your stateroom and dining. If there are drops Cunard will adjust your price until the final payment date.

When you see an agreeable price book it and lock in your stateroom and dining. If there are drops Cunard will adjust your price until the final payment date.

That depends where the OP is based, if booking in the UK there are no price adjustments.