FAO Celebrity Official - Luninae answers needed please!

Mynki

Hello Celebrity Official

As you may be aware there are a number of suite customers who have questions about the dining arrangements regarding Luminae. In my UK brochures dated 2015 / 2016 and 2016 / 2017 it states that breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in the specialty restaurant for suite guests.

However, as you are probably aware, guests are now reporting that the advertised three meals per day are not being served and people do not appear to be getting what they paid for.

I assume that this could cause Celebrity a lot of reputational damage and I am sure you will be working to get these issues resolved. But, there are people such as myself who are seriously considering booking suite class cruises but are concerned that what is being advertised will not be delivered.

Could you therefore please do us all a favour and state exactly what the deal with Luminae is? If I book a suite, will I be able to dine three times a day in Luminae? Will the restaurant be unavailable at certain times or on certain days?

Can you please provide a detailed reply so that we all understand what is going on?

Thank you in advance

Mynki

To everyone else, I will send a PM to 'Celebrity Official' to make them aware of this thread. Just in case they miss the thread and don't answer.

Edited by Mynki

Sadly Celebrity Cruises 'Official' has disabled their personal message facility. So I shall bump the thread if and when required hoping they notice it.

They don't appear to have logged on since 04/05/15. Hopefully they will do soon.

Sadly Celebrity Cruises 'Official' has disabled their personal message facility. So I shall bump the thread if and when required hoping they notice it.

They don't appear to have logged on since 04/05/15. Hopefully they will do soon.

Not sure where you are getting your information, but according to their profile statistics, they posted just a couple of days ago, and they were apparently online this afternoon.

When they have a response, and when they can post decisive information, I am sure they will. They have been very responsive in the past.

Celebrity Cruises' last activity on cruise critic was at 4:01PM today...that's just 10 minutes ago. Personal messaging is disabled for everyone.

I am sure Celebrity Cruises has seen your post and the various threads talking about Luminae...and it's likely, they aren't sure what to say, so saying nothing is safer, at this point.

I am confident that ID will post something about Luminae to address the various concerns and observations....hours open, wine menu and so on.....after, perhaps it has been carefully worded and reviewed by legal, marketing and whoever else is involved.

They really do have a difficult problem to work through.....as it likely involves staffing and $'s.

Edited by ghstudio

Online a couple of minutes ago

Not sure where you are getting your information, but according to their profile statistics, they posted just a couple of days ago, and they were apparently online this afternoon.

When they have a response, and when they can post decisive information, I am sure they will. They have been very responsive in the past.

That's what I said. I'm in the UK. Therefore I use a UK date format. ;)

That's what I said. I'm in the UK. Therefore I use a UK date format. ;)

You said:

"They don't appear to have logged on since 04/05/15. Hopefully they will do soon"

Now that we know you used the UK date format, your statement makes even LESS sense... It means they were online TODAY.

LOL

Celebrity Cruises' last activity on cruise critic was at 4:01PM today...that's just 10 minutes ago. Personal messaging is disabled for everyone.

I am sure Celebrity Cruises has seen your post and the various threads talking about Luminae...and it's likely, they aren't sure what to say, so saying nothing is safer, at this point.

I am confident that ID will post something about Luminae to address the various concerns and observations....hours open, wine menu and so on.....after, perhaps it has been carefully worded and reviewed by legal, marketing and whoever else is involved.

They really do have a difficult problem to work through.....as it likely involves staffing and $'s.

I won't be expecting an answer anytime soon. From what I can see they have a lot of issue to resolve like you say. It looks like they have gotten themselves into a real mess. :(

You said:

"They don't appear to have logged on since 04/05/15. Hopefully they will do soon"

Now that we know you used the UK date format, your statement makes even LESS sense... It means they were online TODAY.

LOL

Indeed I did post 04/05/15 when I meant to post 02/05/15. My bad... Then they just so happened to log in minutes after I posted. Never mind, I'm sure the smart people will keep up if they have nothing better to do.... :D

Personally I find the thread subject matter more interesting and important though. ;)

How many Luminae threads do we need? Perhaps a moderator can merge them all. Personally I don't care at all whether Luminae is open for lunch or not, and the "I didn't get what I paid for" argument is a bit easy i.m.o. given the countless other perks. I'm starting to get a bit put off by the "entitlement" attitude here on Cruise Critic to be honest. X continues to deliver excellent value for money, and I for one look forward to trying Luminae next week.

Edited by florisdekort

Thank you OP for starting this post - a great idea.

As a recent suite cruiser who found lots to love, something's to like and a couple of things that need to be adjusted I would welcome the opportunity of giving celebrity more feedback. We completed our on line questionnaire following our cruise but perhaps after a new launch it did not ask enough, or the right, questions.

Can I suggest, celebrity, if you are reading, you could perhaps design a specific questionnaire for suite guests which did include the opportunity to give comments on meals available, number of menu choices.......I am aware that all our views may not tally. For example, I really do not understand brunch but I know others love it. It should, however, indicate the details that are really important to most people.

For those who have not yet experienced having a suite I am concerned that all the recent negatives could put people off trying. Certainly customers do need to know the details of what they are buying into. We loved our recent cruise experience and will suite cruise with celebrity again (already booked). However, I could identify things that could be improved. Like many other cruisers I am sure, I would rather speak to celebrity than complain and would welcome the opportunity to give my views and positively make 'The Suite Life' even better.

I have a better idea....how about if we just leave the original post which was direct and to the point. All other posts, including mine were to clarify mis-statements or mis-understandings....now all resolved and handled.

There are two other Luminae threads...one dedicated to lunch, the other to Luminae overall. Post there....not here.

Thank you OP for starting this post - a great idea.

As a recent suite cruiser who found lots to love, something's to like and a couple of things that need to be adjusted I would welcome the opportunity of giving celebrity more feedback. We completed our on line questionnaire following our cruise but perhaps after a new launch it did not ask enough, or the right, questions.

Can I suggest, celebrity, if you are reading, you could perhaps design a specific questionnaire for suite guests which did include the opportunity to give comments on meals available, number of menu choices.......I am aware that all our views may not tally. For example, I really do not understand brunch but I know others love it. It should, however, indicate the details that are really important to most people.

For those who have not yet experienced having a suite I am concerned that all the recent negatives could put people off trying. Certainly customers do need to know the details of what they are buying into. We loved our recent cruise experience and will suite cruise with celebrity again (already booked). However, I could identify things that could be improved. Like many other cruisers I am sure, I would rather speak to celebrity than complain and would welcome the opportunity to give my views and positively make 'The Suite Life' even better.

Well said!

Heaven forbid suite guests would have to eat with us steerage folk!! [emoji57]

It is not about eating with "steerage". It is about getting an advertised perk that we were promised. I cruise many times (not always in a suite) and when I am not in a suite, I do not consider myself in "steerage". I also do not get bitter about what those in suites are entitled to since I chose not to pay for a suite and the perks associated with it.

With that said, I am very curious to see what the celebrity official will say on this topic. We are going to Bermuda in a few weeks and will be docked for three days straight. I was expecting to be able to have a nice, sit down, gourmet lunch each of those days. We have been to Bermuda many times, and booked this trip SPECIFICALLY to experience Luminae.

It is not about eating with "steerage". It is about getting an advertised perk that we were promised. I cruise many times (not always in a suite) and when I am not in a suite, I do not consider myself in "steerage". I also do not get bitter about what those in suites are entitled to since I chose not to pay for a suite and the perks associated with it.

With that said, I am very curious to see what the celebrity official will say on this topic. We are going to Bermuda in a few weeks and will be docked for three days straight. I was expecting to be able to have a nice, sit down, gourmet lunch each of those days. We have been to Bermuda many times, and booked this trip SPECIFICALLY to experience Luminae.

Who's bitter... Just don't see what all the fuss is about...

I had 2 cruises booked when they changed michael's into a suite venue... Did I take to cruise critic no I just moved on and used another venue! [emoji33]

This is such a typical cc thread....if someone started a thread asking what color the sky was on a sunny day, we would probably find posts on weather forecasting, clouds, the weather yesterday in Peoria and what color will the sky be on my cruise in 2017.....you get the drift.

The OP asked a very simple question in their original post. They was a little confusion which was cleared up with a couple of other posts. Now we are headed in what direction?????

If you have a comment about lunch in Luminae...why not post it in the thread on that topic....etc.

How many Luminae threads do we need? Perhaps a moderator can merge them all. Personally I don't care at all whether Luminae is open for lunch or not, and the "I didn't get what I paid for" argument is a bit easy i.m.o. given the countless other perks. I'm starting to get a bit put off by the "entitlement" attitude here on Cruise Critic to be honest. X continues to deliver excellent value for money, and I for one look forward to trying Luminae next week.

If someone booked a suite with the intention of going to Luminae for breakfast, lunch and dinner AS PROMISED, and now Celebrity decided it won't be open for lunch, they are NOT getting what they paid for.

It isn't an argument - it's a fact.

It has now lessened the value for the money for this person. Perhaps it isn't important to you, but that's irrelevant for this discussion.

Someone paid for something they are not getting.

This isn't "entitlement" in the derogatory sense you mentioned. They ARE entitled to this perk by paying for the suite they chose.

Has anybody looked at the information celebrity website if you click on luminea under insider tips it states very clear when the restaurant will be available.

yes...it does...and that page was only available very recently. The folks who are raising issue are those who booked suites, some have already sailed, some are past final payment, some have air tickets and are locked in....and they all based their bookings on what Celebrity announced and reiterated as part of the build up to the roll out....which is not what they are delivering.

Someone who books today should look at the web site. The folks who have concerns are those I mentioned....booked prior to the new pages.

There are also a group of folks who feel that just floating out that new page of meals/hours without telling anyone is "less than ethical", "sneaky", "fill in the blank".....and as far as anyone knows, Celebrity hasn't even told those who did book suites, prior to that page appearing, of the changes.

Yes...Celebrity can change anything any time they want....they can change your cabin, your meals, your itinerary...as a matter of fact, they can decide to just sit in the harbor for the week. We all book cruises expecting what we are told we are going to get....in this case, folks aren't getting what they believed they were buying in to.

Edited by ghstudio

Has anybody looked at the information celebrity website if you click on luminea under insider tips it states very clear when the restaurant will be available.

This is new. It wasn't there prior to the initial roll out.

Sounds like Celebrity has solved the problem by changing the rules for Luminae.

I had personally recommended that if Celebrity felt they could not afford to have Luminae open for lunch the best solution would be to allow suite guests free dining at Bistro on 5 at lunchtime (including embarkation day). Bo5 is already open for lunch on port days and embarkation day so it is a very easy fix:)

Sounds like Celebrity has solved the problem by changing the rules for Luminae.

I had personally recommended that if Celebrity felt they could not afford to have Luminae open for lunch the best solution would be to allow suite guests free dining at Bistro on 5 at lunchtime (including embarkation day). Bo5 is already open for lunch on port days and embarkation day so it is a very easy fix:)

I agree. It isn't ideal, but it would certainly be better than nothing! Staff, restaurant, and food already in place. Hopefully Celebrity listens to this suggestion!