Robes to and from Pool

I've seen people wearing stuff that was far more questionable than robes. I guess my opinion on this subject is that if I can't smell it then I don't really care what people wear. I can turn my head if someones clothing really bothers me but I can only hold my breath for so long.

Um, my beach cover up is a lightweight white robe. Easier and far more attractive, IMHO, than most of the terry cloth coverups out there. I'd like to apologize in advance if I horrify anyone. Please feel free to approach me onboard to let me know that I'm wearing something that you feel is inappropriate, and I will then critique your outfit - then we can go get a drink!

I promise not to try to wear it into the Grande, though ;)

KC

I dont see why a robe cant be used to cover up swimwear whilest going between cabin and pool and vice versa.

Definitely not to wear to elsewhere around the ship.

Exactly...I really don't see what the problem is with doing that. I have been on elevators too many times with people (Men & Women) leaving the pool area dripping wet with no robe or coverup at all dripping water all over the dang place. What exactly is the problem of wearing a long terry cloth robe to and from the pool anyway?...I don't get it!

:confused:

If teens can wear pajama bottoms anywhere and everywhere, than why can't some of us older folk wear our Royal robes to the pool? I personally, would not, but if someone else wants to who cares??!!:)

Only time I objected to robes being worn to the pool was at about 6 am and the people wearing the robes were covering their pajamas and wearing fuzzy slippers as they were placing towels on the pool loungers. Didn't care about the robes, but do object to the "chair hogs."

As for the "teens" do it, teens also pierce everything, tattoo everywhere, wear their pants below their butts, etc. As an "older person," I sure wouldn't do it because teens do. :)

Still don't think pajamas are appropriate attire for public wear. But that's only me.

IMHO wear what you are comfortable in. I personally am not going wear my robe outside of my room, but you paid for the cruise so if you want to wear your robe just do it. If I were to see someone sitting in a lounge having a drink with their friends/family wearing a robe I wouldn't mind a bit. It's your vacation, and you deserve to relax in anyway you'd like to anywhere you'd like to.

On another note, I will be going on RCC's Indy in the spring, and I recall reading (either on their website or another board I can't remember) that unless you are in a junior suite or higher then you do not get a robe. Is this true or did I misunderstand something?

Edited by hannahjo8

On another note, I will be going on RCC's Indy in the spring, and I recall reading (either on their website or another board I can't remember) that unless you are in a junior suite or higher then you do not get a robe. Is this true or did I miss understand something?

That is true unless you are platinum or higher in the C&A program. In that case the cabin type doesn't matter. However, I have heard that even if you don't "qualify" if you ask your cabin attendant for one you are likely to be accommodated if any are available.

Edited by Ocean Boy

On another note, I will be going on RCC's Indy in the spring, and I recall reading (either on their website or another board I can't remember) that unless you are in a junior suite or higher then you do not get a robe. Is this true or did I misunderstand something?

We may have to different animals here. Crown and Anchor benefits mention a robe available for platinum and above members. I'm thinking the robes offered in suites much be different (nicer) I've heard people refer to them as plush and too heavy to wear outside the cabin. On that note I refer again to this photo showing the robes we get.

meetming2.jpg

That is true unless you are platinum or higher in the C&A program. In that case the cabin type doesn't matter. However, I have heard that even if you don't "qualify" if you ask your cabin attendant for one you are likely to be accommodated if any are available.

Thanks for clearing that up. That doesn't seem like a very good policy to me. I feel everyone should get a robe; however, I don't wear them anyways something about wearing something that hundreds of strangers have worn before (what if a hairy sweaty person had that robe before you :eek: ) plus they aren't that comfy anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. That doesn't seem like a very good policy to me. I feel everyone should get a robe; however, I don't wear them anyways something about wearing something that hundreds of strangers have worn before (what if a hairy sweaty person had that robe before you :eek: ) plus they aren't that comfy anyway.

They are laundered the same way the bedsheets are, or do you sleep standing in the corner? ;)

They are laundered the same way the bedsheets are, or do you sleep standing in the corner? ;)

That's very true. I guess the fact that they wear them bugs me though haha. For some reason I just don't think I realize that someone else has slept on those beds.

That's very true. I guess the fact that they wear them bugs me though haha. For some reason I just don't think I realize that someone else has slept on those beds.

Thanks for understanding the levity of my post :D

Given the state of our overpacking we will probably be wearing ours to the airport and on the flight home. Does anyone have a problem with that??? Guess the only ones I need to worry about are the TSA officers

On a recent flight to Spain I was in the check in line at the airport when a young woman wearing a blue terry robe and slippers checked in!

We may have to different animals here. Crown and Anchor benefits mention a robe available for platinum and above members. I'm thinking the robes offered in suites much be different (nicer) I've heard people refer to them as plush and too heavy to wear outside the cabin. On that note I refer again to this photo showing the robes we get.

Did your robes have the C&A logo on it? I thought the robe was pretty heavy and I used it to cover up when I took a nap. However, I do remember a few years ago that the robes were VERY heavy and they were light blue.

What exactly is the problem of wearing a long terry cloth robe to and from the pool anyway?...I don't get it!

:confused:

Well, why not use a pair of drapes ?

You are still missing the point.

Its all about the correct attire in the right place.

Ouch

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn's eyes are hurting from that awful purple. Will have a glass of wine. Nice

Until Royal provides a room where you can change out of your wet bathing suit into dry clothing, we're going to continue wearing our robes back to our room after hot tubbing.

I can't believe some here think nearly naked fat old folks dripping wet in an elevator is a better solution than covering up with a nice robe. Throw on a t-shirt? Wear a gauze-like cover up? LOL.

On a recent flight to Spain I was in the check in line at the airport when a young woman wearing a blue terry robe and slippers checked in!

That's a great idea! Probably made security screening so much more pleasant. Or perhaps she woke a tad late... [emoji33]

Well, why not use a pair of drapes ?

You are still missing the point.

Its all about the correct attire in the right place.

Ouch

The fashion police have spoken. I wondered how long it would take to specifically use an expression like this -- "Its all about the correct attire in the right place'.