Headed out on the Regal today

CintiCruzer

Spent the night at the B Ocean in Ft Lauderdale as part of our pre cruise package...

Getting here yesterday was a challenge because the airport was a congested mess... I kept telling myself and DW to relax and enjoy... it's vacation!!!

The hotel is very nice newly remolded....

The beach bar was the best... great view, fantastic drinks and the fish tacos are great... we had everyone poolside eating them!!!

Ate dinner off campus at the 15th Street Fisheries last, a short Uber ride away....

Currently waiting at the. Naked Crab bar for the show to begin to head out to the ship.... Relax and be patient.... the motto for the day!!!

Time for a Bloody!!!

Sunset beach gal - We board next Sunday and are on for 2 weeks - the CD is Billy Hygate - I'm not family with him. OP - I'll be following your (hopefully) live review - we have long time friends on this cruise, it's their first Princess cruise so hoping they have a great experience. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spent the night at the B Ocean in Ft Lauderdale as part of our pre cruise package...

Getting here yesterday was a challenge because the airport was a congested mess... I kept telling myself and DW to relax and enjoy... it's vacation!!!

The beach bar was the best... great view, fantastic drinks and the fish tacos are great... we had everyone poolside eating them!!!

Ate dinner off campus at the 15th Street Fisheries last, a short Uber ride away....

Currently waiting at the. Naked Crab bar for the show to begin to head out to the ship.... Relax and be patient.... the motto for the day!!!

Time for a Bloody!!!

Bon voyage!

I just disembarked the Regal and am halfway home. I hope your cruise is as good as mine was. Enjoy.

Time for a Bloody!!!

Great motto and ship.

Just booked the Regal for next January 7, B2B.

As part of the celebration, (and to pretend I'm not surrounded by cold and snow) .....decided to watch the sail away on port webcam. Probably watched you wave goodbye!

We stayed at the B Ocean about 3 years ago, got to stay in one of the rooms that looks like the bow of a ship, hope to book it again.

Did Princess offer the B as part of a precruise package or did you book on your own? Glad to hear they've renovated the place, it was nice but a little old, but can't beat the location. Did they still have the mermaids swimming behind the bar?

Have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Time for a Bloody!!!

I would be interested in knowing what the congested mess was... more than normal? If so, why? We will be there in 3 weeks.

Bill

We usually stay at GalleryONE post cruise and take the yellow water taxi to the 15th Street restaurant. Just love the fish tacos and sitting next to the water is great. We were on the Regal in December and immediately booked her for this coming December after we returned home . . .even booked the same cabin! Now I just need to keep checking to see if/when there is a price drop (right now, that cruise is way up there $$$). Enjoy your vacation - we did!

Happy sailing!

To answer a couple of questions:

First off the congestion at the airport... the two ladies serving as the Princess reps were late greeting our flight - there were 6 of us on the flight from CVG and another group from New York...

the booth was stuffed in the corner with no attendants... The Celebrity people said they should be there... finall they showed up... gathered a group of about 40 people went outside to wait for a bus.. stood there about an hour then finally one showed. not really sure what the issue was..

The B Ocean was very nice... the people there say it was just finished up about a month ago... it is a place I'd come back to in a heart beat.. very nice accommodations.

Amber Cove was an interesting place... we chose a tour of the city and the ranch... the view of the harbor is beautiful and the facility is almost brand new.. . the heart of the city was very disappointing. lots of people standing around and there is trash everywhere. very dirty!!!

the most disturbing thing were the police and military EVERYWHERE. our guide said the police presence is protect the tourist.. just not accustomed to see this type of high presence... I would think twice about venturing out to explore alone here... there were a couple of resorts some of the passengers visited and they said everything was good there... to me, it was uncomfortable...

St Kitts & St Thomas were outstanding - this was my fist visit to St Kitts and it is someplace I'd like to revisit and explore some of the plantation ruins... very cool...

St Thomas - so much to do, it really depends on your desires... one of my favorites is the snorkeling trip to St Johns... the water is crystal clear in the national park and the ride up and down the roads are where some of the famous "Bond" movies were filmed

Shopping is always fun - last trip the DW went shopping and I was photographing the interesting doors on the old buildings... and of course, a trip is not complete without visiting Gladys' for lunch... everything on the menu is homemade - my favorite are the salsa & chips to snack on while deciding on a menu item!!!

This year we did a sunset cruise on a catamaran, just beautiful... did not need a jacket after sunset, the temps stayed pretty warm.

We found out about a new trip on the underwater scooters that tour the underwater reef areas.. it sounds like lots of fun - it's like a helmet dive and you are on a underwater jet ski... i'm told you don't need any experience and you don't even need to know how to swim... your face never gets wet...they said the typical group is 40 to 45 people and you get about 45 minutes of underwater time with 15 people on each dive... so lots to do

This past trip to St Kitts, we did an island tour... the usual thing that give you highlights of the island... the Batik factory is very interesting and the plantation at Romney Manor where it is located has some beautiful grounds to explore...

in talking to other passengers, the rain forest is spectacular...the walk is not too difficult and very neat scenery... they even saw some monkeys running around.. sounds like something to consider on my next visit...

I would not be afraid to book something with a private company at either island if you find something that interests you... getting around on these two islands is fairly easy with lots of interesting to see & do... On some of the other islands in the past, we have just hired a driver for the day... ask him to show you the highlights... for around $100 you can get a guy all day... on St Martins last year, the guy dropped off for lunch, then shopping later... we just called him when we were ready and he came to get us... that worked like that in Aruba too...

so pick out what interests you and set it up - Enjoy

the latest I can remember shipping in St Thomas was about 7pm... we had dinner in town and took a cab to the old Navy pier.. I would think everything stay running until the ship gets ready to leave...this year walking back from the catamaran, things were very quiet and the bars along the way were open but we did not see many customers in them - that was about 7:30pm

St Thomas - so much to do, it really depends on your desires... one of my favorites is the snorkeling trip to St Johns... the water is crystal clear in the national park and the ride up and down the roads are where some of the famous "Bond" movies were filmed

Shopping is always fun - last trip the DW went shopping and I was photographing the interesting doors on the old buildings... and of course, a trip is not complete without visiting Gladys' for lunch... everything on the menu is homemade - my favorite are the salsa & chips to snack on while deciding on a menu item!!!

This year we did a sunset cruise on a catamaran, just beautiful... did not need a jacket after sunset, the temps stayed pretty warm.

We found out about a new trip on the underwater scooters that tour the underwater reef areas.. it sounds like lots of fun - it's like a helmet dive and you are on a underwater jet ski... i'm told you don't need any experience and you don't even need to know how to swim... your face never gets wet...they said the typical group is 40 to 45 people and you get about 45 minutes of underwater time with 15 people on each dive... so lots to do

This past trip to St Kitts, we did an island tour... the usual thing that give you highlights of the island... the Batik factory is very interesting and the plantation at Romney Manor where it is located has some beautiful grounds to explore...

in talking to other passengers, the rain forest is spectacular...the walk is not too difficult and very neat scenery... they even saw some monkeys running around.. sounds like something to consider on my next visit...

I would not be afraid to book something with a private company at either island if you find something that interests you... getting around on these two islands is fairly easy with lots of interesting to see & do... On some of the other islands in the past, we have just hired a driver for the day... ask him to show you the highlights... for around $100 you can get a guy all day... on St Martins last year, the guy dropped off for lunch, then shopping later... we just called him when we were ready and he came to get us... that worked like that in Aruba too...

so pick out what interests you and set it up - Enjoy

Thanks for the info!