Corkage Fee

cruzluvers

Note that this is limited to the 2 bottles per cabin that you are allowed to carry on at embarkation. Still a nice benefit, but not unlimited.

I really don't know about that 2 bottle limit. This is what I've gone by in the past. As a rule, when we fly, we do not pack any alcohol but since we were in France a few days prior to our cruise, we did take wine on board. We did not try to hide it whatsoever. As far as I know, this has not changed.

Possibly someone else can verify this.

Azamara Club Cruises

Are You Legal?

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Azamara ships is 21. However, on ships in Europe, South America and Australia, where the legal drinking age is lower than 21, parents can sign waivers allowing their 18- to 20-year-old sons or daughters to drink.

Bringing Booze Onboard

Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: Liquor can be brought aboard and consumed in-cabin for no fee; however, there is a $10 corkage fee at any of Azamara's bars or restaurants.

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers may bring an unlimited amount of wine onboard, but if consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, there is a $10 corkage fee per bottle.

There is NO limit on what you can bring on Azamara. I am assuming the reference to two bottles at embarkation per cabin related to Celebrity though the poster was not entirely clear

Edited by uktog

I really don't know about that 2 bottle limit. This is what I've gone by in the past. As a rule, when we fly, we do not pack any alcohol but since we were in France a few days prior to our cruise, we did take wine on board. We did not try to hide it whatsoever. As far as I know, this has not changed.

Possibly someone else can verify this.

Azamara Club Cruises

Are You Legal?

The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on all Azamara ships is 21. However, on ships in Europe, South America and Australia, where the legal drinking age is lower than 21, parents can sign waivers allowing their 18- to 20-year-old sons or daughters to drink.

Bringing Booze Onboard

Bringing liquor onboard at embarkation: Liquor can be brought aboard and consumed in-cabin for no fee; however, there is a $10 corkage fee at any of Azamara's bars or restaurants.

Bringing wine or Champagne onboard: Passengers may bring an unlimited amount of wine onboard, but if consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, there is a $10 corkage fee per bottle.

Midwestchick, Jazzbeau was referring back to Royal Caribbean, the line that took away the corkage fee. Their drinks--wine included--are not complimentary unless you've bought an liquor package. Each cabin is allowed two bottles of wine upon boarding and at no other time, so removing the corkage fee translates into a $50 saving and no more.

I have carry on from wine tours and markets up to four or five bottles. I just can not hold anymore . Azamara does not care abd I enjoyed every bottle Ina restaurant

There isn't a corkage fee to drink these in the restaurants? I thought you could consume them in your cabin only.:confused:

Royal Caribbean just changed their policy on the corkage fee.

Thanks, upon re-reading this thread, I see that the topic has strayed from corkage fee to how many one can bring on board and they were mutually exclusive.

I thought the original post was that "on RCCL, you can now bring 2 bottles on board without paying corkage to drink them in a restaurant" and that there was a rebuttal that "you could bring as many as you want on Az without paying corkage to drink them in a restaurant", when the rebuttal was really just "you could bring as many as you want on Az but you still have to pay corkage on each one you drink in a restaurant".

[i had skipped over Midwestchick's posting of Az's policy thinking it was part of her signature :o]

Thanks, upon re-reading this thread, I see that the topic has strayed from corkage fee to how many one can bring on board and they were mutually exclusive.

I thought the original post was that "on RCCL, you can now bring 2 bottles on board without paying corkage to drink them in a restaurant" and that there was a rebuttal that "you could bring as many as you want on Az without paying corkage to drink them in a restaurant", when the rebuttal was really just "you could bring as many as you want on Az but you still have to pay corkage on each one you drink in a restaurant".

[i had skipped over Midwestchick's posting of Az's policy thinking it was part of her signature :o]

My apologies...for some reason, I was thinking this was ACC, since the post is on this forum. Duh on my part. :o :rolleyes:

I remember dear Bill Leiber's take a few years ago on the question "how many bottles of wine can we bring on board"? He said "use your common sense....you won't be stopped for any reasonable amount.....but please remember that we aren't in the Freight Business!" :)

On corkage, I have three times bought special bottles of wine to be consumed on board. I was charged corkage of $10 once, which I think is a very reasonable amount. The other times my wine was served in Aqualina with a smile and a gentle waving of the hand, but no corkage charge!

I remember dear Bill Leiber's take a few years ago on the question "how many bottles of wine can we bring on board"? He said "use your common sense....you won't be stopped for any reasonable amount.....but please remember that we aren't in the Freight Business!" :)

On corkage, I have three times bought special bottles of wine to be consumed on board. I was charged corkage of $10 once, which I think is a very reasonable amount. The other times my wine was served in Aqualina with a smile and a gentle waving of the hand, but no corkage charge!

This made me smile :)