Why all the Vision of the Seas negativity?

I've never minded what I've received on vision

Sad so much of an issue now

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. I don't think I've read about any other ship where the quality of food has been so thoroughly discussed.

I like eating good food as much as the next guy, but I'm not too fussy either. I will say this, while good food is an important part of our cruising experience, we sail for the itinerary.

Having said all that, I encourage readers to post their experiences, on this particular ship, here on this thread. It provides a wealth of information to future cruisers of VOS.

as far as i am concerned...the good always outweigh the negatives (which i seldom do encounter on any RCL ship).

we board Vision October 4th and are looking forward to a wonderful cruise....:)

So fully agree

We can't expect everything to be Rosie for all 2000 guests all the time

It's how you deal with it

Regardless. I'm cruising and that makes it great

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are Diamond but this will be our first time on this ship.

I have a few Questions for the board.

On a four day trip, what night is Formal night?

Can anyone tell me about Izumi we have reserved for day 3 and never had tried this restaurant before

What was your experience there? and what was good?

We got a great deal for inside cabin and will spend the saved bucks on drinks and paid restaurants on ship.

Any bar a great hang out over the others?

Diamond lounge, was the hostess attentive and was it crowded?

We have late setting and enjoy hanging out there before dinner.

We love to dance, NC Shag, any dance floor playing music for us?

Thanks,

MCATMCAT

So true. If you have a negative experience on Vision, its your own fault. . Your expectations were too high or had the wrong attitude.

Posters only want to hear positive reviews

Not necessarily directed at you, but this post has the feelings of what I perceive many.

How do you explain when two individuals are on the same cruise and one says the service was horrible, the other says the service was great? Maybe it is where they went on the ship, or maybe it is their expectations or their attitude. If a poster can quantify why they feel a certain way others can determine what 'camp' they fit in to see if they will perceive things the same way. All reviews and opinions are definitely more than welcome, at least IMO.

I have been on a cruise where I met the person giving the review, sat next to them, talked to them, and still came out with a very different OPINION of the cruise. How do you explain that?

Someone suggested it was the higher level C & A members that had a good time due to their status. I commented I was not a higher level when I was on Vision, but still enjoyed greatly. That in no way negates anyone else's opinion, just puts additional color to the comment. As I said all comments, both pros and cons, are definitely appreciated.

So true. If you have a negative experience on Vision, its your own fault. . Your expectations were too high or had the wrong attitude.

Posters only want to hear positive reviews

I Personally was upset by this comment. We went with the expectation of a good time. Is it really MY fault that the room steward didn't make himself know to us or a few of our other cabins? Is it my fault the food in the MDR wasn't good. All we did was report facts in OUR opinion.

The noticeable items that e are used to on OTHER RCI ships was just lacking. Will we stop cruising? NO. Will we go back on Vision again? maybe.. we made some wonderful friendships with the staff. All of us are entitled to our opinions.. please don't be hurtful if we don't agree with each other.

Sasy the person was on YOUR side. Their comments were totally sarcastic. It came through loud and clear to me.

By the way, all toiletries are not in rooms below junior suites. That's the way it's supposed to be in all ships. Any ships still leaving them have made that decision against corporate policy.

It is up to you to be in your room at some point when the stateroom attendant is in duty. All crew returning from vacation will be very scarce. The are required to attend safety training daily the first week they return. People have even complained about concierges for this reason. Safety training is always scheduled during their working hours.

If you need things and you won't be in your room, leave a note. Of course this means you'll need to go find paper and pen or bring your own. Corporate policy has also eliminated that.

I'm sorry you didn't see the poolside barbecue. Trainman posted the picture of what I also saw.

"The main thing to remember is NO negatively please."

So only positive reviews lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The main reason I had for starting this thread (see post #1 if you're just joining us) was twofold.

1. to provide a place for those who love the Vision to post their positive experiences.

2. to be of benefit for those who have never cruised on the Vision.

I'm hoping this thread will provide a "positive" experience for everyone who reads it. There is no need for another thread with complaints.

Edited by JimAOk1945

• 1 month later...

I won't be on Vision until February 21st, 2015 (classic car cruise). Really looking forward to it after reading this thread. I'll be in corner aft #7152. Does anyone know how bad the noise level from the lounge below will be. I don't believe it will be an issue as we stay out late anyways.

I was on the Panama Cruise with Vision this year: the food was horrible all around, including the Steakhouse. I was in a Grand Suite, thus was able to try the full dining menu from the room, yet everything was substandard. My Brazil Transatlantic on Vision was outstanding, with great food, all around.

Thus, a very attractive ship, with very sad food!!!!

We've sailed both Vision (last cruise before drydock) and Splendour. While both were very pleasant experiences, the lack of amenities and entertainment found on larger ships (particular Voyager class, our favorite) was a bit of an issue. The offset was the itineraries ... Norwegian Fjords and Eastern Mediterranean respectively. We'd certainly sail them again, but only if the ports are out of the ordinary.

I won't be on Vision until February 21st, 2015 (classic car cruise). Really looking forward to it after reading this thread. I'll be in corner aft #7152. Does anyone know how bad the noise level from the lounge below will be. I don't believe it will be an issue as we stay out late anyways.

Welcome to the thread. I've never heard of a classic car cruise. It sounds fantastic. I hope you will do a picture review when you return. Sorry I can't give you any info on #1752. Hopefully, someone will be able to advise you.

Happy cruising!

I was on the Panama Cruise with Vision this year: the food was horrible all around, including the Steakhouse. I was in a Grand Suite, thus was able to try the full dining menu from the room, yet everything was substandard. My Brazil Transatlantic on Vision was outstanding, with great food, all around.

Welcome to the thread and thanks for posting your comments.

We've sailed both Vision (last cruise before drydock) and Splendour. While both were very pleasant experiences, the lack of amenities and entertainment found on larger ships (particular Voyager class, our favorite) was a bit of an issue. The offset was the itineraries ... Norwegian Fjords and Eastern Mediterranean respectively. We'd certainly sail them again, but only if the ports are out of the ordinary.

Yes, the amenities on the larger ships are great. We enjoyed our cruises on the Mariner of the Seas (twice) and the Adventure of the Seas last December.

However, we are looking forward to sailing on the Vision. With the 12 itinerary in the Western Med being so port intensive, I don't think we will miss the amenities and entertainment of the big ships very much.

Happy cruising.

The main thing to remember is NO negatively please.

No negatively, :confused:

The problem is the title of this thread is:

I'm sorry but I have to Answer the thread title: (My opininon, I had never been on the Vision Class, but I had been on Voyager Class and Freedom Class, and I had done a lot of research looking at pictures, reviews, and comments)

I think that all the negativity towards the Vision Class is because they are older ships with less features, and don't look like they are part of RCI (Radiance Class and Up).

The same happened to the Sovereign Class, and Royal sold those ships

(1 left), the trend is that Royal will sell the Vision Class, and will order a new class.

Conclusion: Nothing wrong with the Vision Class, but...

(business decisions - key to long-term success).

Deleted

Edited by Coralc

No negatively, :confused:

The problem is the title of this thread is:

I'm sorry but I have to Answer the thread title: (My opininon, I had never been on the Vision Class, but I had been on Voyager Class and Freedom Class, and I had done a lot of research looking at pictures, reviews, and comments)

I think that all the negativity towards the Vision Class is because they are older ships with less features, and don't look like they are part of RCI (Radiance Class and Up).

The same happened to the Sovereign Class, and Royal sold those ships

(1 left), the trend is that Royal will sell the Vision Class, and will order a new class.

Conclusion: Nothing wrong with the Vision Class, but...

(business decisions - key to long-term success).

Yeah, you're right about the title . . . I should have given it more thought before starting this thread. I appreciate your comments.

Personally, I'm looking forward to sailing on a smaller ship. As you can see in my signature, we have sailed on a few of the somewhat larger ships on Carnival, Princess, and RCI. We greatly enjoyed everything about them . . . the ships with their bells and whistles, the itineraries, the crews, the food, the staterooms, entertainment, etc.

I understand the trend is toward the larger size ships being a business decision. But there are some people who like the small ship experience. I'll know whether I am part of the group after our December cruise on the Island Princess and next year's Vision of the Seas.

I can't really confirm, because I was in 8088. I believe the lounge closes at midnight. What an awesome wrapped balcony and nice cabin! I will say though the last night I heard noise at 2 am on my balacony, and I believe it was the employee aft party several decks down, but not loud enough to be annoying! Maybe someone else having a late party on the balcony! Saying goodbye to such amazing aft balconies. I couldn't imagine it was crown vik!

We are looking forward to sailing on the Vision. With the 12 itinerary in the Western Med being so port intensive, I don't think we will miss the amenities and entertainment of the big ships very much.

That's my point ... with the smaller ships, it's all about the itinerary for us. Some ports cannot accommodate those floating behemoths anyway. If something exciting for us comes up, we'll have no issue booking Vision ... or Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Legend or Splendour, for that matter. Enjoy your cruise!

Al

That's my point ... with the smaller ships, it's all about the itinerary for us. Some ports cannot accommodate those floating behemoths anyway. If something exciting for us comes up, we'll have no issue booking Vision ... or Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Legend or Splendour, for that matter. Enjoy your cruise!

Al

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. This will be our first cruise on the Vision class. We are planning on this class of ship in the future.

Happy cruising!

I've personally LOVED reading this thread!

We sail on Vision next May for 12 nights, (AFT facing balcony on deck 7), then follow up with a 7 night cruise on Splendour, (OUR FIRST EVER JUNIOR SUITE, on deck 8!) . Both ships we've not been on before & are so very excited to make memories on them.

One query I had- I wanted to know opinions on more holidays Vs great rooms?!

My first 2 cruises were inside cabins, then balcony, then the last one was AFT facing balcony. Our junior suite for 1 week for one person was the same price I paid for 2 people to do a 14 night NZ cruise.

I think my husband is a balcony snob now. What would you do?!

Meanwhile, I've just started an ongoing review, (not yet finished) of Radiance of the Seas if anyone would like to subscribe or read it. :-)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2117820