Solo on Royal Caribbean

NCGAL1971

Has anyone cruised solo on RCI ? How was it? I'm looking at Independence of the Seas in December. Found real good rate for a balcony midship. (Around $650 each or $1030 for solo)If my sister can go will be even sweeter on the price. I've never cruised solo before. Been on Princess twice to Alaska with my late husband. So this is all new to me. I love to travel though and have decided I need to be brave and start booking places i want to go on my own if it comes to that. The cruise I am looking at goes to Western Caribbean.

solo on rccl is great

Remember though that travelling solo is up to you not others on the cruise

their stares or comments can only affect you if you let them

They have solo lunches and meetings most days, so you will meet others of like mind

That is Solo not Single - different view point

Also I suggest just involving in trivia and other group activities as you will quickly get into a nice group

Enjoy the freedom

Greg:)

Sailing by yourself on Royal is fantastic. I have taken 15 solo cruises over the past year and a half and loved every one of them. The single fare is a tough bit to swallow, but it is worth every penny. The toughest part of cruising by yourself is eating in the buffet. :). During busy times it is quite common to find your table cleared and occupied by someone else when you return with dessert, etc. I have learned to get everything I want before you start eating. The waiters will not clear full plates and drinks, so get everything you want before you take your first bite. Enjoy the freedom of doing what you want, when you want.

Has anyone cruised solo on RCI ? How was it? I'm looking at Independence of the Seas in December. Found real good rate for a balcony midship. (Around $650 each or $1030 for solo)If my sister can go will be even sweeter on the price. I've never cruised solo before. Been on Princess twice to Alaska with my late husband. So this is all new to me. I love to travel though and have decided I need to be brave and start booking places i want to go on my own if it comes to that. The cruise I am looking at goes to Western Caribbean.

Yes, I've been on my cruises solo. If you have the money, time and desire - then Go! Cruises are not just for couples, groups or families. Many singles/solos do go on cruises and have a fabulous time. When you get back let us know how it was.

I just returned from traveling solo on the Serenade of the Seas in one of the new studio rooms. I'd check out the NCCL Epic or Getaway unless you're bound to RCCL. I'm almost diamond on RCCL, but the NCCL model with the studio lounge for mingling and the dedicated solo activity director def gives NCCL the edge. IMHO!

• 2 weeks later...

All my solo cruises have been on Royal and my next 3 are as well. I've had an amazing time each sailing and I don't expect that to change. That would be an amazing solo rate for a balcony, I say go for it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

All my solo cruises have been on Royal and my next 3 are as well. I've had an amazing time each sailing and I don't expect that to change. That would be an amazing solo rate for a balcony, I say go for it! :)

What has happened to all the good solo rates on Royal?

Travelled solo on rhaspohdy and had a good time. Booked on Radiance in October on a good solo rate. However, just after I booked the Radiance in October Rcl changed the rates to 200% for solos. No idea why. But I wont cruise with any line unless I get a reasonable price.

Travelled solo on rhaspohdy and had a good time. Booked on Radiance in October on a good solo rate. However, just after I booked the Radiance in October Rcl changed the rates to 200% for solos. No idea why. But I wont cruise with any line unless I get a reasonable price.

Booked on Radiance 11October as well. Got a great solo price but price gone way up now. Just finished my first solo cruise on Voyager. Was a bit lost to start with but joined in trivia and solo lunches and made a lot of friends quickly. Just take a deep breath and go for it.

I've had three solo cruises on RCI, and have two booked for 2015.

The first wasn't great as a solo. It was a seven night cruise around Dubai and the Emirates on Brilliance, and I opted for Anytime Dining. There was no-one on the roll call here, so no meet and mingle. There were no solo get togethers either, so I guess there weren't many solo passengers.

The next two were repositioning cruises on Voyager and then Adventure. The roll calls were active and there were meet and mingle events. Both ships arranged several lunches for solo travellers, and there were plenty of us!

I now prefer to have set dining when I'm on my own, and was lucky with my table mates on the last two cruises.

I'm certainly looking forward to both cruises next year, and the roll calls are active already.

What has happened to all the good solo rates on Royal?

They are still available, you just have to look! I've already locked in good solo rates for Feb and Sept 2015. It pays to book early as they have already gone up.

They are still available, you just have to look! I've already locked in good solo rates for Feb and Sept 2015. It pays to book early as they have already gone up.

Thanks for that I did notice a lot on Brilliance and Serenade in 2016 yesterday.

Just a reminder...when you cruise solo in a room on RCCL you should get double points for the cruise, in the Crown & Anchor Society.

I just completed a solo cruise and was not given the points initially. I asked the C&A society and they were very happy to make things right.

Happy and safe cruising all!! :)

Just a reminder...when you cruise solo in a room on RCCL you should get double points for the cruise, in the Crown & Anchor Society.

I just completed a solo cruise and was not given the points initially. I asked the C&A society and they were very happy to make things right.

Happy and safe cruising all!! :)

The double points are great. I will be up to diamond after only 4 cruises. We pay more so we should be rewarded.

I had to ask for the double points after my last cruise, and they were awarded. I am now at the top of Platinum, and will race through Emerald!

I have been meaning to contact RCI to ask if it applies only to a solo traveller in a double cabin, or does it include a solo traveller in a studio.

I had to ask for the double points after my last cruise, and they were awarded. I am now at the top of Platinum, and will race through Emerald!

I have been meaning to contact RCI to ask if it applies only to a solo traveller in a double cabin, or does it include a solo traveller in a studio.

Studio (SI) are excluded from the extra point

This is from the C&A member benefits page

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Studio (SI) are excluded from the extra point

This is from the C&A member benefits page

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefits.do

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

I had to ring and ask for my double points for my Feb cruise. C & A consultant was unsure about points but when he checked with supervisor the points were given. Maybe we have to check every time and remind them we get the points.

Here's a pic of RCCL studio in refurbished ships....17% supplement over interior price.[ATTACH]303908[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a studio booked for the Baltics 2015(? these days). Thanks for the picture - much better idea of room then the one picture on the website. Do I assume the sq footage of bathroom comes out of the total 108sq'. It was much cheaper than the interior but on the Serenade Caribbean cruise it was more?????

• 2 weeks later...
solo on rccl is great

Remember though that travelling solo is up to you not others on the cruise

their stares or comments can only affect you if you let them

They have solo lunches and meetings most days, so you will meet others of like mind

That is Solo not Single - different view point

Also I suggest just involving in trivia and other group activities as you will quickly get into a nice group

Enjoy the freedom

Greg:)

I've cruises quite often on RCI as a solo and I never saw anything about solo lunches and meetings most days?? Another cruise line?

No, it was listed in the dailies, but I couldn't tell if the folks in the bar were just drinking at lunch...no organizer like on NCL. So, I left after day 1..,,

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've cruises quite often on RCI as a solo and I never saw anything about solo lunches and meetings most days?? Another cruise line?

I think it must depend on the ship. There was nothing on Brilliance of the Seas, but plenty on Voyager and Adventure.

There was an advertised solo meet-up on Brilliance, but at the Sky Bar at sailaway. I couldn't see anyone who appeared to be in charge, so gave up. There was nothing else for the remainder of the week. I don't think there were many solo travellers on board.

There were a few arranged lunches on Voyager and Adventure. People met up in the bar and went down to the MDR together. There was always a reasonable amount of solo travellers there.

My experience on NCL Jade wasn't great. There was a solo meet-up one night, but nothing else. Those of us who met up the first night carried on meeting in the bar to go into dinner together.