Ocean Liners restaurant being removed or not ?

HPNPilot

We will be sailing on the Constellation on June 5th.

In the past we have really enjoyed the Ocean Liners grill.

There is mixed information as to whether it is being removed in the

next dry dock - I really don't want to eat in a crappy steakhouse .

Does anyone know if it will still exist after the May drydock ?

thanks,

Jack

We were on the recent Singapore - Abu Dhabi cruise and had the speciality dining package. Consequently, we ate in Ocean Liners a number of times throughout the cruise. Several wait staff and the Maitre D' mentioned on numerous occasions that Constellation had the last Ocean Liners restaurant in the fleet and it would be removed at the forthcoming dry dock - it would be replaced with a number of staterooms and a QSine restaurant.

To be fair, I haven't. But looking at the menu, it seem to be very much a "meat and potatoes" + pasta kind of place.

There are lots of places on a cruise ship to get steaks. Pasta is problematic for those of us who are type-1 diabetic

due to the high carb content.

We had had such fantastic experiences in Ocean Liners on a previous cruise, that we were really looking forward to dining there

again.

It would have been good to have at least one place that served French Continental cuisine . It seems Murano is not coming to Constellation.

Very sad about this: Ocean Liners was one of the highlights of our cruise on Connie last year. In comparison, Tuscan Grille is rather ordinary, IMHO. And Qsine sounds like something you do once for the "experience".

Very sad about this: Ocean Liners was one of the highlights of our cruise on Connie last year. In comparison, Tuscan Grille is rather ordinary, IMHO. And Qsine sounds like something you do once for the "experience".

Yes, it's such a pity it's being replaced. I suppose they think people will forget it's disappeared when they are busy looking at the new prototype Edge cabins :rolleyes:.

Hi Stuart,

yes, Qsine is nice and fun... but we also thought it was an experience nice enough for one time, maybe to go back with friends a second time. However not a fine dining experience such as Ocean Liners/SS United States etc. on M-Class or Murano on S-class.

Have a great weekend!

Oliver

Hi Stuart,

yes, Qsine is nice and fun... but we also thought it was an experience nice enough for one time, maybe to go back with friends a second time. However not a fine dining experience such as Ocean Liners/SS United States etc. on M-Class or Murano on S-class.

Have a great weekend!

Oliver

My thoughts exactly Oliver. I am disappointed about the change.

To be fair, I haven't. But looking at the menu, it seem to be very much a "meat and potatoes" + pasta kind of place.

There are lots of places on a cruise ship to get steaks. Pasta is problematic for those of us who are type-1 diabetic

due to the high carb content.

We had had such fantastic experiences in Ocean Liners on a previous cruise, that we were really looking forward to dining there

again.

It would have been good to have at least one place that served French Continental cuisine . It seems Murano is not coming to Constellation.

I understand your point. Mine is that Tuscan is anything but a crappy steakhouse. It has much better food than what you get in MDR or Blu. You may be pleasantly surprised.

On our silhouette cruise, our meal in Tuscan was the worst of the entire trip. We were sorry we gave up a night in Blu to pay 90.00 for dinners that were not worth the calories. Neither of us finished our entrée, it was a disappointing finish to an otherwise awesome cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our silhouette cruise, our meal in Tuscan was the worst of the entire trip. We were sorry we gave up a night in Blu to pay 90.00 for dinners that were not worth the calories. Neither of us finished our entrée, it was a disappointing finish to an otherwise awesome cruise.

We are currently onboard Silhouette and have enjoyed Tuscan twice. Not only has the food been to our satisfaction, but the service has been outstanding. This just proves that people have differing opinions and experiences and nobody is right or wrong!

But to the OP, if you do end up trying Tuscan, don't make the mistake of paying $90 for two. The restaurants will always bargain with you if you're proactive in asking. At least that's been our experience.

We are currently onboard Silhouette and have enjoyed Tuscan twice. Not only has the food been to our satisfaction, but the service has been outstanding. This just proves that people have differing opinions and experiences and nobody is right or wasking. At least that's been our experience.

Does Tuscan on Silhouette have the new menu with the 3 meat lasagna and Veal Marsala yet? Has been on Connie for 6 weeks now!

Rare, but it can happen. If I were that disatisfied I would send the entree back and get a different one. I also agree, never pay full price for these restaurants you can always get deals

Does Tuscan on Silhouette have the new menu with the 3 meat lasagna and Veal Marsala yet? Has been on Connie for 6 weeks now!

Yes, both of those items are on the current menu. I enjoyed the lasagna a few nights ago.