Wipe Out Cafe - Allure

Hello All,

After reading quite a bit of reviews on how packed the Windjammer and Park Café will be on boarding day during lunch, what other options will be open for lunch?

I have read that the Wipe Out Café has some options for breakfast but are they open on boarding day?

Thank you

As always, Thank you Bob this helps a lot.

Can the kids go to the Solarium Café? To my understanding to enter the Solarium you have to be above a certain age. Or is the Solarium and Solarium Café two different things completely?

We cruised a couple of weeks ago and went to the Park Cafe at about 1:00 on boarding day. It was busy but not horrible. Only took us a few minutes to get through the line. Seating was the biggest problem but we found seats in the park and yes they were in the sun but we made due. Sat down for 15-20 minutes, had our sandwiches and moved on. Not perfect but far from horrible. We were on the Allure after all.

As always, Thank you Bob this helps a lot.

Can the kids go to the Solarium Café? To my understanding to enter the Solarium you have to be above a certain age. Or is the Solarium and Solarium Café two different things completely?

Kids are not supposed to be hanging out in the Solarium but it is fine for them to walk in and go into the cafe. The entrance to the cafe is very close to where you enter the solarium.

I believe kids can go into the Solarium Cafe'. I didn't pay much attention to the signage. We ate breakfast there a few times with a 12 year old and saw several other kids there too. So I would say yes.

Thank you guys,

This makes it easier.

This has made me think maybe we should do a late checkout from the hotel and board around 1:00 to skip all the rush that is to be expected everywhere - lol.

How packed is the terminal if we show up to board at 1:00?

Thank you guys,

This makes it easier.

This has made me think maybe we should do a late checkout from the hotel and board around 1:00 to skip all the rush that is to be expected everywhere - lol.

How packed is the terminal if we show up to board at 1:00?

Probably not very packed at all since the ship usually starts boarding between 11am and 11:30am. Staterooms will also be open after 1pm, further reducing crowding in public areas.

Probably not very packed at all since the ship usually starts boarding between 11am and 11:30am. Staterooms will also be open after 1pm, further reducing crowding in public areas.

Thanks Bob. Since I have been doing all the planning so far, the rest of the family will have to comply - LOL :D

I guess that might be a better option and avoid the crowds.

Thanks again to all

Thanks Bob. Since I have been doing all the planning so far, the rest of the family will have to comply - LOL :D

I guess that might be a better option and avoid the crowds.

Thanks again to all

Forgot to mention that if you board after staterooms are open, you can dump your carry on stuff in the stateroom and not have to lug it around.

Forgot to mention that if you board after staterooms are open, you can dump your carry on stuff in the stateroom and not have to lug it around.

and this is why I love CruiseCritic. Brilliant advice. Thank you. Can you tell I haven't been able to cruise much LOL - this is even better.

Just have to add - if you really want to avoid the crowds and don't mind an up charge, Sabor has tasty fresh made guac and a selection of traditional Mexican. And Giovannis is open for an excellent sit down meal (with a couple of things not offered for dinner)

Just have to add - if you really want to avoid the crowds and don't mind an up charge, Sabor has tasty fresh made guac and a selection of traditional Mexican. And Giovannis is open for an excellent sit down meal (with a couple of things not offered for dinner)

I'd second eating at Giovanni's. Delicious!

• 2 weeks later...

On my first couple Oasis class cruises I enjoyed getting build-your-own nachos for lunch in the Wipeout Cafe. Last time on Oasis it seemed like all they had were hot dogs and hamburgers. Or was I just going at the wrong times?

Edited by kevink

We have loved Sabor and think we will do that on embarkation day. Esp. Since we will be with a group of 19 and will all want to be together for sail away. Last time we boarded Allure at 12 and it was packed. Prob stood for at least a hr. After checking in. There were plenty of seats but didn't want to be in back of line as we were just anxious to board early. The other 2 times we sailed Oasis we arrived later and walked right on from check in. I will def suggest to our group to wait til 1 or so.

I agree with both suggestions. They are both wonderful venues.

We loved the Wile Out Cafe. It's located on deck 15 toward the back by the two flow riders on the Starboard (right) side. For breakfast they have a made to order omelette area and for lunch lots of hamburgers and hot dogs. And they gave two ice cream (okay frozen yogurt) machines.

Best yet, I never found it crowded. They have lots of outdoor seating by the basketball courts.

When we first boarded we went right to the Solarium area and had to wait for the Solarium Cafe to open, I think at noon. It was kind of busy.

And as mentioned... PLEASE don't be like me and forget about those delicious carved right in front of you, roast beef sandwiches in the Park Cafe in the Central Park area on deck 8. And everything mentioned is free...

We usually eat here for lunch on a pool day, just put our coverups on and walk on over.

Plenty of inside (near ping pong tables) and outside seating.

Seems to have the same menu daily hamburgers hot dogs, pizza fries and such.

Enjoy we do.

Hello All,

After reading quite a bit of reviews on how packed the Windjammer and Park Café will be on boarding day during lunch, what other options will be open for lunch?

I have read that the Wipe Out Café has some options for breakfast but are they open on boarding day?

Thank you

We developed a new boarding day routine. Have a nice breakfast and wait for lunch until the rooms are made available. A 1:00 lunch then to the cabin and usually our bags are waiting for us.