Best website

Hello all! A few questions for you:

1. Best website to get the best perks/price?

2. Best cruise ship for the European travel?

3. Best countries to see.....to include Italy and France?

Thank you all ahead for your help!

1. Define "best"...it means different things to different people. You should know we can't name or discuss travel agents, brick and mortar or on line, on Cruise Critic.

2. Define "best"...it means different things to different people. There are dozens of ships cruising Europe, before we even talk river cruising. Sorry, but there isn't a #1 rated ship. If there was, it would probaby be very expensive. Itinerary is a key element, as many European cruises are very port intensive.

3. Define "best"...you get the idea. Having been through at least a dozen European countries, each has it's pluses and minuses, but there s very little we don't love in Europe. A land tour is probably the "best" way to see Europe, as a cruise is just an appetizer.

You really need to do some research to narrow this incredibly broad set of questions. Sounds like you seem focused on the Med, maybe. How much time do you have? Budget is important. ..Europe isn't cheap.

Edited by CruiserBruce

If you are looking for a site for perks, etc. it sounds like you are asking about a Travel Agency web site which we cannot provide on CC.

For the other two there really is no best. Best for me is not necessarily best for you.

I would begin by figuring out what countries you would like to cruise and time of year. Yes, look at Italy, France, Spain, Greece and Portugal for starters. There are obviously others. Then find itineraries and cruises lines that sail one or more countries.

Keith

I think I have narrowed it down to either Celebrity, Holland America, or Oceania...but the last may be a bit high. I just want to have the gratuities and drinks without buying a package. Probably focusing on Celebrity the most... Your thoughts?

I have used 2 large online TAs over the years & been very happy. Mostly for perks. Have called & booked large groups, changed cabins (sometimes several times...) & always happy.

I have not sailed Holland or Oceania. But we have done Celebrity twice in the last 2 years & another coming up this spring. The drink package included is what hooked us to start, but we liked the service as well. Highly recommend.

Oceania is out of our price range at this point. Holland--well in visiting with some crew on an early Princess cruise who had worked on Holland, they spoke of the many walkers/wheelchairs, a MUCH older crowd...they are the only cruiseline with a morgue onboard....Eh, we aren't there yet!

You do not NEED a "package" to buy your own drinks and pay your own gratuities. I don't know how Oceana does tip, but all the other lines now add them to your account daily...takes all the guesswork out of it for you. You can buy any drink, meal, soda, etc...without a package.....packages work great for folks who will be drinking lots and want no "surprises" at the end of the cruise. If you don't drink more than 3 or 4 drinks that cost per day, you're better off without a package.

Drinks that are included in your fare are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or some sort of flavored drink, milk and juice at breakfast.

We just came back from our first Med cruise on RCCL (Vision) and loved it! As others have said, first step is to decide on itinerary. I took a few books from library and researched online. We chose our cruise because we wanted to do as much Italy as we could and include Florence, Rome and Venice. Ours also went to Villefranche, Salerno (for Positano/Sorrento) and Barcelona, which we loved.

Oceania is out of our price range at this point. Holland--well in visiting with some crew on an early Princess cruise who had worked on Holland, they spoke of the many walkers/wheelchairs, a MUCH older crowd...they are the only cruiseline with a morgue onboard....Eh, we aren't there yet!

Oh the usual urban myths. ALL ships, all cruise lines have the ability to store the deceased on board- and HAL doesn't have morgues on board. Age demographics on board any cruise/cruise line will be affected by the length of the cruise. Have been on European cruises on HAL with as many as 200 kids on board...