Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise Review

mpoole3

Hello Cruise Critic friends!

Enchantment of the Seas – January 17-20 – Nassau and Coco Cay Weekend Cruise

IMG_2630_zpsedf8b435.jpg

I almost didn’t write this review since my cruise was only 3 days, but I thought why not there is still plenty to share! If any of you have follow my previous review’s I generally cruise solo and write my reviews each day on the ship, but this time I brought along my girlfriend and writing this review post-cruise.

The reason we picked this weekend cruise on Enchantment of the Seas (Jan 17-20) is because of Martin Luther King Day and we didn't have work, so why not take full advantage and head to the Bahamas! We booked this cruise about 10 days prior to sailing, while having lunch at Panera bread; she gave me the okay, “Let’s do it!” I wish someone could have taken my picture to see the smile on my face!

Pre Cruise:

We live in Knoxville, TN and decided to drive, since flights were extremely high last minute. I’m not a big fan of reviews with all the pre-cruise details, so I won’t spend much time on this. However, I did want to mention we used Park-N-Cruise and made RSVP online prior to the sailing. The cost for 3 days was $31 vs parking at port was $60. This was probably the easiest $30 I've ever saved, and the process was very organized. Although they used to charge 5.99 per day, they've gone up to 7.99 per day now, yet still offer a savings since the port charges $15 per day.

Check-In:

We arrived to Port Canaveral terminal around 11:10 am and there was no one at the pier, in fact I've never seen one so empty. I was glowing ear-to-ear as boarding a cruise ship is my favorite thing and I was taking my girlfriend for the first time! As expected since there was almost no one at the pier check-in took just a few minutes and we were on board prior to 11:30 am.

Day 1:

We went straight to the pool deck to take a few pictures to send to our friends back home in snowy Tennessee.

IMG_2522_zpsf7a52d03.jpg

The Oasis Bar (My Favorite!)

IMG_2521_zpsb0353dbe.jpg

IMG_2520_zps59491479.jpg

The sail away party was a blast! One of my favorite things about cruising on a smaller ship is the sail-away party. The larger ships have them but they are nothing like the smaller ships. They are full of line dances, drinks flowing at the bar, and everyone is so full of energy.

I for one am very glad you've decided to review Enchantment !:D looking forward to more!

Well Good! If it helps at least one person than it's worth my time to post! Enjoy! :D

Ps. My review of Coco Cay is the best part.

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. We are cruising Enchantment in May for our 1st cruise. We are driving from TN too (Nashville area). Did you drive all the way to Port Canaveral and stay? Thinking about driving to Daytona, staying there and driving the scenic route 1 (avoiding I-95) the remaining 1.5 hours the next morning. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks!

As I stated we booked last minute so our cabin was an inside on deck four - 4023. Not going to be captain negative, because usually cabins don’t really bother me… But this cabin was board line awful. I’ve stayed in plenty of inside cabins but none as small as this one, but the cabin itself was not the worst part. The bathroom only had room to stand and that’s it, the shower curtain was sucking to my body! Ha I was laughing during shower thinking of the “love curtain” Was it okay for three days, I suppose but there is no way I could do that for seven. There was a flat screen TV which was nice, but it was not interactive where I could view my bill, book excursions.

Due to the embarrassment I’m not going to provide details of what item caused me to visit the naughty lounge, but after 15 cruises I finally got the dreaded letter asking me to visit security on deck 1 to pick up my luggage. I suppose that’s one more thing check off my bucket list! :D

I am looking forward to the rest of your review. We are cruising Enchantment in May for our 1st cruise. We are driving from TN too (Nashville area). Did you drive all the way to Port Canaveral and stay? Thinking about driving to Daytona, staying there and driving the scenic route 1 (avoiding I-95) the remaining 1.5 hours the next morning. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on this. Thanks!

We both worked on Thursday until 4:00, left Knoxville, TN around 5pm; stopped in Valdosta, GA for the evening (arrived at 11:30pm) The next morning we left the hotel at 7am and drove straight to park n cruise around 10:45am.

The drive there is no big deal, now the drive home is a different story! The earliest you can get off is 7:30 am which really by the time you get to the car is a little after 8am. Long drive home. :(

Diamond Lounge:

Prior to my cruise I started a thread asking if I’d be able to bring my non-diamond member into the lounge with me. Most said no way as it’s breaking the rules, some said it would be a hit-or-miss. I was able to bring her into the lounge with me with no questions asked, most likely because there was almost no diamond and up members on this sailing. I understand the rule and realize I was breaking the rule, but I did tip our waiter $10 each night (desmond) and my girlfriend told the head concierge this was her first Royal cruise. My eyes got real big thinking he’d ask her to leave or something, but he just acted excited for her! We then went on to talk about other cruise lines ect. He actually said he was a big fan of NCL and wanted to sail on the Breakaway. So that was a very pleasant surprise and we both enjoyed the lounge each night for cocktails. In fact, each night before we left I’d ask Desmond if he would fill us both full glasses of wine and he was always happy to do so.

The diamond lounge was split into two parts: one was the actual lounge that required key access in the top of the Viking crown lounge, while the other was in the lower section of the Viking crown lounge. On the last night we sat in the bottom section to watch the sunset, because you have no window view from the lounge. I’d imagine they have this set up to help with overflow of diamond members, as the actual lounge could probable only hold 20-25 at a time.

Sorry no pictures of the lounge! No worries, plenty of pictures to come...

Edited by mpoole3

Due to the embarrassment I’m not going to provide details of what item caused me to visit the naughty lounge, but after 15 cruises I finally got the dreaded letter asking me to visit security on deck 1 to pick up my luggage. I suppose that’s one more thing check off my bucket list! :D

Oh come on, you've got to tell us now :D!

Edited by kruzerci

Day 1 Dinner:

Since we booked last minute the only dinner option was MTD, which was a first for me. I actually really enjoyed this option and will most likely do this for future cruises. For those of you unaware of My Time Dinning “MTD” option allows you to go to dinner when you want vs the traditional dinning time. The only downside to this option is you get a different waiter each evening, so they cannot learn what you like/dislike. But the overall experience was pleasant and I loved not watching the time all evening, we just went to dinner when we were hungry!

Day 2:

This cruise was different than most I’d been on and which we didn’t have a “Sea Day” but we did have a sea morning! We didn’t arrive to Nassau until noon, so the pool deck was flooded with people by 9:30am. They did the sexy man contest, a pool side BBQ, and more famous line dancing! I was actually having a great time, sipping on a beer watching up pull into pier, which took around an hour.

BBQ Lunch!

IMG_2456_zpscf741a8a.jpg

Our Sea Day/Morning ;)

IMG_2425_zpsd3abde90.jpg

Getting close!

IMG_2439_zpsa63bfd39.jpg

We made it to Nassau! Now there is only one thing to do... Head to the Beach! If you read my prior reviews you know exactly where I'm headed...

Kayla & Michael Note: I had a man wearing Florida Gators gear to take our picture. I said, "well at least they still have fans!" :D

IMG_2481_zps3a4ff2e5.jpg

I thought this guy looked pretty cool. Anyone know the name?

IMG_2479_zpsa7d2bb80.jpg

That would be the HMBS Bahamas of the Royal Bahamas Defence Force, one of only two patrol vessels in their fleet. Interesting fact, the ships were actually built in the United States.

Looking forward to the rest of your review!