Chef Curtis Stone

cheeseclan

Wow, I have always said that our favorite cruise director Kelvin Joy reminded me of Curtis Stone. I remembered him from Biggest Loser. I told one of the Princess reps about 2 years ago, about Kelvin. She said, she would have to sail with Kelvin, because she was a big fan of Curtis Stone:D

So are they adding a new specialty restaurant to the Emerald and Ruby or are they replacing one of the existing restaurants?

Regardless, I'm looking forward to his new menu items in the MDR!

Also, makes the new Chefs Table a bit more appealing.

Check out this link for Curtis Stone and the new link with Princess! Now if he will just cook for me, personally:)

http://www.princess.com/curtis-stone

Thanks for sharing this, sounds like an exciting option!

Excellent! Definitely looking forward to trying his menu items. Hope that they start serving them "fleetwide" in the "Fall of 2015" as indicated.

I agree, and I hope that it really does happen by this fall, especially on our upcoming cruise... sometimes their "fleetwide by" dates are stretched quite a bit!

Has anyone on the ships now or recently seen these menu additions??? :confused:

Happy Cruising!

Mark

Edited by cruisehappy001

I don't know what kind of cuisine he's famous for. Any ideas what might turn up on one of his menus? It's a good idea to shake things up a bit in the dining room (food-wise, that is.) :)

He is quite varied. He did a promo with a local grocery chain a few years ago. He focused on "outdoor barbecuing with friends and family". All of his recipes for this was easy and good tasting. I am sure he does a variety of other things.

Thanks for pointing out the Sticky... I usually gloss past those assuming it is old info that I have checked out before! OOPS!

After reading the information there, my hopes have been dashed as I read that the Menus with his dishes will premier on the Golden down under in October. Dratz we will miss it as we will be on the Golden before then. :(

Happy Cruising!

Mark

He is quite varied. He did a promo with a local grocery chain a few years ago. He focused on "outdoor barbecuing with friends and family". All of his recipes for this was easy and good tasting. I am sure he does a variety of other things.

Do you remember his cooking show (Take Home Chef) where he would go to the store and pick up a woman, find out when her husband was coming home, go to her house and help her cook a special dinner for them? YIKES!

I am surprised he didn't get shot at least once. :eek:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Do you remember his cooking show (Take Home Chef) where he would go to the store and pick up a woman, find out when her husband was coming home, go to her house and help her cook a special dinner for them? YIKES!

I am surprised he didn't get shot at least once. :eek:

No - I missed it, thankfully :) He did a bunch of promos for a local grocery chain named Hy-Vee which is Midwest based. Most of them were about summer cooking, grilling, spending time with family, etc... I picked up a free recipes from this and they were good.

I have seen him do some guest spots on morning tv but have never seen any of his shows.

No - I missed it, thankfully :) He did a bunch of promos for a local grocery chain named Hy-Vee which is Midwest based. Most of them were about summer cooking, grilling, spending time with family, etc... I picked up several recipes from this and they were good.

Edited typo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...