Chef Curtis Stone

cheeseclan

My question is with all this hubbub over Curtis Stone, what ever happened to Chef Alfredo Marzi? Seems like they just tossed him to the side after he didn't fit their plans anymore.....:(:(:(

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I don't know if he himself will be on the ship but just his recipes?

I watched a promo video of Curtis Stone talking about SHARE, and he specifically said he will be onboard at some point, didn't say when or which ship, though. I even replayed it to make sure I heard it correctly. We are hoping he will be on the Emerald for the opening because we will be on that cruise.

My question is with all this hubbub over Curtis Stone, what ever happened to Chef Alfredo Marzi? Seems like they just tossed him to the side after he didn't fit their plans anymore.....:(:(:(

Bob

Isn't he Princess's head chef?

My guess is that they can have both..... They still need a head chef for the normal dining room, even though I know Curtis Stone will have a few items there also.

Has anyone received this survey? It provides a brief description of the concept and you're asked how likely you are to go to a specialty restaurant on your next cruise. Then a menu with about 5 or 6 appetizers, 5 or 6 entrees and a few desserts is displayed.

Then it asks how willing you would be to pay a $49 up charge for the meal.

I think the price is way too high. The menu was nice but not worth an additional 100 bucks.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Has anyone received this survey? It provides a brief description of the concept and you're asked how likely you are to go to a specialty restaurant on your next cruise. Then a menu with about 5 or 6 appetizers, 5 or 6 entrees and a few desserts is displayed.

Then it asks how willing you would be to pay a $49 up charge for the meal.

I think the price is way too high. The menu was nice but not worth an additional 100 bucks.

Sorry if this has been posted already.

That is way too expensive, I agree. Can you tell us what was on the sample menu? (And was this a secret club survey? If so, I think you'll hear from some people.) ;)

Edited by shredie

That is way too expensive, I agree. Can you tell us what was on the sample menu? (And was this a secret club survey? If so, I think you'll hear from some people.) ;)

Secret Survey?? I have no idea. I get these quite often. I doubt they're very exclusive.

Unfortunately I don't really remember the specific items on the menu. I think my eyes were bugging out at the suggested cover charge. ;)

Must not be the secret club, then. :)

I'm really sorry I just don't remember the specifics. It covered all the major food groups. :D

I will say it was interesting and the names of the dishes were "ornate". One of my comments was that the menu should be a bit more descriptive.

For those that are very comfortable with the relative simplicity of the Crown Grill menu you might find this one a bit daunting.

I should add that there was no indication that this was the actual menu. I think this was a "survey" menu.

One last thing, I'm not a Curtis Stone or any celebrity chef aficionado. Others who may have received this survey might find the offerings more familiar.

Edit: My reply was to your post before you edited it, just in case anyone is confused.....haha

Edited by msmoger

I too received the Princess Community survey. I have no idea if the menu and price shown on the survey is what will be on the ships or just something randomly chosen just for the survey. My recollection of the price mentioned on the survey was $39 per person. After viewing the menu on the survey my reply was that the menu was not worth $20 per person.

The menu did have some dishes with shrimp or crab but, in my purely subjective mind, these sea foods were ruined by being prepared with other ingredients that I don't like the taste of------like turnips.

I was raised on a simple country-style menu. I feel that a lot of chefs feel compelled to add as many off-the-wall ingredients to something good and give it some exotic name in a pretentious effort to appear sophisticated and artistic. All I care about is how the food tastes and if I can identify what is in the dish from reading the menu. I would rather have a full plate of tasty food than a plate that is 90% empty and 10% art.

I too received the Princess Community survey. I have no idea if the menu and price shown on the survey is what will be on the ships or just something randomly chosen just for the survey. My recollection of the price mentioned on the survey was $39 per person. After viewing the menu on the survey my reply was that the menu was not worth $20 per person.

The menu did have some dishes with shrimp or crab but, in my purely subjective mind, these sea foods were ruined by being prepared with other ingredients that I don't like the taste of------like turnips.

I was raised on a simple country-style menu. I feel that a lot of chefs feel compelled to add as many off-the-wall ingredients to something good and give it some exotic name in a pretentious effort to appear sophisticated and artistic. All I care about is how the food tastes and if I can identify what is in the dish from reading the menu. I would rather have a full plate of tasty food than a plate that is 90% empty and 10% art.

So it looks like they have varied the cover charge. I guess they want to see our tolerance level. I was very surprised to see $49 and I'm guessing that was a common response.

I have a different take on the menu. I enjoy "meat and potatoes" but also appreciate more interesting and complicated recipes. However, I also appreciate a good menu description of each dish. I try to gravitate to healthier options and it was difficult, at least for me to make that determination based on the verbiage.

So it looks like they have varied the cover charge. I guess they want to see our tolerance level. I was very surprised to see $49 and I'm guessing that was a common response.

I would not be surprised if prices varied on different people's surveys. The title on the survey was: "Please help Princess with Curtis Stone Restaurant pricing".

Turnips are exotic? My home cook grandma will get a giggle.

We took the survey and were astonished that they feel the survey menu or menu similar to it would be worth the suggested $39.00 per person!

After paying to take their cruises, now they are removing one of our favorite restaurants and placing a Trendy restaurant. Then they want us crawl up on High Chairs and expect us to be happy and fork over even more money!

The very last question was something to the point of Just how willing would you be to support this restaurant? Scale of 0 to 10?

They got a 0!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...